Iceland

Renton

;)

Well if you don't want to re-mortgage your house then you'vr booked the wrong place!!!

£10 a pint, plenty of fish restaurants, and good looking local Icelandic women etc.

There is a restaurant in Reykjavik where you can go and get to cook the food how you like it at your own table!!! but very pricey.

Your best bet is to go to somewhere on the outskirts called The Pearl, it's basically 4 huge geothermal tanks with a visitor attraction built on top.  They have an artifical geysir, but it also has a reveolving restaurant on the top floor with superb veiws over the city and glaciers in the distance.  ALthough I couldn't afford to eat there I think an ice cream was £7

You'll have to got to the Blue Lagoon though and give that a try and if you get a chance take a trip to the Golden Circle (Gulfoss waterfall and the Geysirs), its also bizarre noticing the bananas growing in the green houses!!!!

But other than that you'll get the four seasons and come back fucking skint

92309[/snapback]

Cheers GFP, a sensible answer at last. :lol:

You haven't really cheered me up regards price mind, thank God I'm only there 3 nights!

92314[/snapback]

Don't concern yourself with price, GFP is a member of my admin team who is a notorious proper tight bastard, he's still got dial up at home ffs!!!

never been

met a hellish aeroplane full of Icelandic drunks once at Schipol and owna few Bjork Cd's

92320[/snapback]

Let me guess, one more than Alex?

God knows - 3 I think

plus of couple of vinyls of the band she was in before - SUgar Cubes????????????????

I haven't been everywhere FFS - a lot of places ... 50 countries maybe .... but there are over 200......................................

Edited by Rob W

God knows - 3 I think

plus of couple of vinyls of the band she was in before - SUgar Cubes

92330[/snapback]

Aren't you ancient though? :lol:

Or are you a Mary Whitehouse Experience "this has got a good beat" dad? ;)

God knows - 3 I think

92330[/snapback]

;)

And no doubt some stuff before she was famous..... :lol:

92335[/snapback]

shes ALWAYS been famous .... and mad of course....................

God knows - 3 I think

92330[/snapback]

Aren't you ancient though? :lol:

Or are you a Mary Whitehouse Experience "this has got a good beat" dad? ;)

92336[/snapback]

One tries to stay abreast of current trends of course............

My latest purchases include the Gorillaza's, the B21's (bhangra) and the latest Kate Bush album

and I don't own a single Cliff richard record FYI

Are you stopping in the ice hotel, Rentboy?

92290[/snapback]

Good gawd. Why would anyone do that? ;)

92300[/snapback]

I can imagine you there sat shivering and complaining all the time. And giving the barman evils when he asks if you want ice with your drink. :lol:

92301[/snapback]

It's just WRONG!! ;)

92307[/snapback]

Ice in drinks: my number one pet hate.

I absolutely detest Björk.

92658[/snapback]

Me too. Unfuckinglistenable.

92672[/snapback]

You can't say that - she's ahead of her time, you see. A true genius. Bla bla bla...

92673[/snapback]

Highly variable more like

some of her stuff is stunning and some is weird and some unlistenable to

whatever it is she definitely does what the hell she wants

approach with caution -(especially if you are a cameraman)

• 1 month later...

Just got back from Iceland. I highly recommend it - somewhere a bit different but really nice. It's true about the cost though - don't go if you're on a budget.

Absolutely knackered now though. Just my luck to be returning to Glasgow the day they have the worst snow for 20 years and to suffer a 24 hour delay. ;) Hope the airline pay for my hotel or that's another £200 wasted.

Anyway, if anyone fancies a trip to Reykjavik ask me and I'll tell them the best places to go to if they fancy roast puffin.....

Just got back from Iceland. I highly recommend it - somewhere a bit different but really nice. It's true about the cost though - don't go if you're on a budget.

Absolutely knackered now though. Just my luck to be returning to Glasgow the day they have the worst snow for 20 years and to suffer a 24 hour delay.  :jester: Hope the airline pay for my hotel or that's another £200 wasted.

Anyway, if anyone fancies a trip to Reykjavik ask me and I'll tell them the best places to go to if they fancy roast puffin.....

106235[/snapback]

Thought you were going with the wife?? ;)

Did you go for a swim in the hot springs? Apparently you have to get neked.  ;)

106453[/snapback]

The blue lagoon, yes. An amazing experience. You're supposed to have a shower in the nude before you get in but there was no way I was showing off my bits to all and sundry so I kept my trunks on. :jester:

Did you go for a swim in the hot springs? Apparently you have to get neked.  ;)

106453[/snapback]

The blue lagoon, yes. An amazing experience. You're supposed to have a shower in the nude before you get in but there was no way I was showing off my bits to all and sundry so I kept my trunks on. :jester:

106506[/snapback]

Rentboy was :jester: