Your thoughts on the proposed (failed) takeover of Newcastle United

fernandotorfi

Hello everyone,

I'm currently doing a paper in sociocultural anthropology writing about the concept of soft-power and nation branding and its connection with football. I would love to hear your thoughts about how the takeover by The Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (MBS) would have affected your sentiments towards the club? From the external gaze it seems like a conflict between becoming a football superpower but at the same time selling your club to a "company" on the other side of the world that has at best, a very sketchy track record of respecting human rights. Achieving success but perhaps selling your soul? How do you balance these two point of views? Is it a mentality of success at all cost or keeping the clubs values sacred?

From me (an Icelander) Newcastle seems like a community based club that represents the North which is reflected in your playing style as a hard rugged team in that's not easily beaten. I would preferably like to hear from native Geordies, who are a part of the community and on how you feel about a nation on the other side of the world buying a football club that represents your city. Is this something that is important to you or not?

Any response would be greatly appreciated. P.S. I wanted to share with you an Icelandic comedy sketch about an Icelandic Newcastle fan (It's in Icelandic): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42iJUM08T0M&ab_channel=steindinn

I sometimes wonder if any other clubs fans get this type of shit? I'll be over the moon to chase all these cunts out of football and start from scratch. Just waiting for the current cunts at other clubs to fuck off first before our cunts who don't even own us fuck off. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

richard masters is a cunt.

gary hoffman is a cunt.

richard keys is a cunt.

the fenway group are cunts.

the glazers are cunts.

joe lewis is a cunt.

mike ashley is a cunt.

steve bruce is a cunt.

hatice cengiz is a cunt.

the saudi's are ace. 

You've missed someone....

2 hours ago, 111180sak said:

I am sick of hearing about takeovers, Wake me up when it's done.

If only you’d asked him to do that before he’d gone