Well I reckon...

Gemmill

didnt we first enter the intertoto under "proper" manager robson...didn't we also fail to qualify for the uefa that season(beaten on away goals by troyes) which means we must have been crap......errrr finished 3rd that season.

before you start blasting off that i think we'll finish 3rd...i dont,but i dont think its as bad as you and others are making out.

we despearatly need a forward for the first 11,and a left sided midfielder(emre could play there but he'd be wasted).

at the minute a lot of clubs are still in the market,allardyce has today said he needs 3 for the first team,arsenal will not think theyll win the league without a replacement for viera.....

IF we bring in a decent forward and left midfielder(yes i know a left back would be handy aswell),that will be a decnt first 16.

all i said was europe wasnt all it's cracked up to be(teams that is) and we end up at this old chestnut.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are looking at Deportivos reputation over the last few years. You should look at Newcastles over the last few years, and compare it to now. That is how far things can go backwards, if you employ a shite manager like Souness.

Things were on the wane for 2 years pal. Infact robson scuppered us when he bought robert, and viana; at ridiculous prices.

Not that i dont think our beloved chairman has ****ed us over on transfer money, but really SBR made some ludicrus buys aka jenas R, V, BUTT etc

btw i guess by ur looney thinking, that milners current form has been caused by passing aliens form planet smoougee?? Rather than admit that the current manager had anything to do with it. tbh i spent most of last season slaging milner off, and really hes a bit mediocre alot of the time, but at least hes finding the net atmo.

only mistake ive seen souness make so far, is selling off ambrose. *scratches head.

Havent made my mind up about the hughes transfer. in hindsight it was a bit premature, but lets not kid ourselves he was the worlds greatest defender!!

otherwise the restructuring is going well......except for lack of new striker /mutter.

If we had spare dosh id also replace carr.....another talentless alsoran.

Edited by Womblemaster

didnt we first enter the intertoto under "proper" manager robson...didn't we also fail to qualify for the uefa that season(beaten on away goals by troyes) which means we must have been crap......errrr finished 3rd that season.

before you start blasting off that i think we'll finish 3rd...i dont,but i dont think its as bad as you and others are making out.

we despearatly need a forward for the first 11,and a left sided midfielder(emre could play there but he'd be wasted).

at the minute a lot of clubs are still in the market,allardyce has today said he needs 3 for the first team,arsenal will not think theyll win the league without a replacement for viera.....

IF we bring in a decent forward and left midfielder(yes i know a left back would be handy aswell),that will be a decnt first 16.

all i said was europe wasnt all it's cracked up to be(teams that is) and we end up at this old chestnut.

8142[/snapback]

Firstly - after I've deleted all these spaces ! - Bobby Robson actually did take over a side on a downward slope, we improved from the day he walked through the door for his first 3 - 4 years. Qualifying for the intertoto was part of his steady improvement.

Yes, we stopped improving but finishing 5th is a disaster is it?? Will the Souness apologists be saying he's done a good job if he actually leaves us where he found us ? You bet they will, in fact if he manages to scramble a mid table finish they will be trying to tell people he's "cleared out the dressing room and finished in a good position under the circumstances". Or something like that. Which is of course Bullshit.

Edited by LeazesMag

You are looking at Deportivos reputation over the last few years. You should look at Newcastles over the last few years, and compare it to now. That is how far things can go backwards, if you employ a shite manager like Souness.

Things were on the wane for 2 years pal. Infact robson scuppered us when he bought robert, and viana; at ridiculous prices.

Not that i dont think our beloved chairman has ****ed us over on transfer money, but really SBR made some ludicrus buys aka jenas R, V, BUTT etc

btw i guess by ur looney thinking, that milners current form has been caused by passing aliens form planet smoougee?? Rather than admit that the current manager had anything to do with it. tbh i spent most of last season slaging milner off, and really hes a bit mediocre alot of the time, but at least hes finding the net atmo.

only mistake ive seen souness make so far, is selling off ambrose. *scratches head.

Havent made my mind up about the hughes transfer. in hindsight it was a bit premature, but lets not kid ourselves he was the worlds greatest defender!!

otherwise the restructuring is going well......except for lack of new striker /mutter.

8145[/snapback]

Your logic astounds me :o

8145[/snapback]

If you want to put across a worthwhile point of view, start by getting your facts right [and not talking that text language]. He bought Bramble and Viana, not Robert and Viana. And Robert anyway, when he came 2 years earlier, was instrumental in catapulting the team from midtable also rans to champions league qualifiers.

So you think falling from 3rd to 5th is as bad a fall as 5th to 14th do you ? Yes, we know Robson wasn't looking capable of getting higher than this but an established top 5 team to 14th in one season is some going. I remember people like you saying we were going to win the league at the start of the year we finished 5th, in fact a lot of us were at least confident that we would put in a stronger challenge for the title. Now you are complaining we were on the wane .... shame you didnt' say so at the time. Are you one of those who said a year ago that Ameobi was a world beater and the fat dutch plonker paddy k would replace Shearer....now where have they all gone I wonder.

Ref the bold bit. You really think he hasn't made a mistake selling Bellamy ?? Not to mention Robert and Hughes? Not to mention putting the club in a desperate position regarding number of first team squad players ? What about 3 out of 6 crap buys so far ?

Souness has scuppered us by selling Bellamy, particularly and Robert for less than they are worth. He's so desperate to get them out he's limited his own spending. Now if that isn't a plonker I don't know what is.

Edited by LeazesMag

8145[/snapback]

Your logic astounds me :o

8151[/snapback]

Well, I don't even understand the text let alone the content...

You really think he hasn't made a mistake selling Bellamy ??

actually thatis a good question )

The honest answer is that from the limited facts i know about the situation, i think in the long term it COULD turn out the better for NUFC. In principle selling belammy was a good idea, in reality it looks as thought its might be about to fall flat.

In the short term, yes i can see that it could turn into a horrendous mistake.

Was souness naive/at fault for trusting fat fredy too much?......ie he assumes the chairman would back him for transfers, this summer, which hes failed to do in recent weeks. I think that the chairman is pulling out the carpet from under souness. For reasons i can only speculate on.

I am alarmed that we have NOT landed a decent replacement. The reason why is both souness AND shepherd fault, not just the managers.

"He bought Bramble and Viana, not Robert and Viana. " SBR did buy robert.

Actually i agree we need a robert replacement. LBM is allegedly one, dunno if hes good enough tbh, not watched him enough.

Emre has proved already he can deliver excellent dead ball kicks.....infact he might actually be better .....certainly his passing is top notch too )

You really think he hasn't made a mistake selling Bellamy ??

actually thatis a good question )

The honest answer is that from the limited facts i know about the situation, i think in the long term it COULD turn out the better for NUFC. In principle selling belammy was a good idea, in reality it looks as thought its might be about to fall flat.

Was souness naive/at fault for trusting fat fredy too much?......ie he assumes the chairman would back him for transfers, this summer, which hes failed to do in recent weeks. I think that the chairman is pulling out the carpet from under souness. For reasons i can only speculate on.

I am alarmed that we have NOT landed a decent replacement. The reason why is both souness AND shepherd fault, not just the managers.

"He bought Bramble and Viana, not Robert and Viana. " SBR did buy robert.

Actually i agree we need a robert replacement. LBM is allegedly one, dunno if hes good enough tbh, not watched him enough.

Emre has proved already he can deliver excellent dead ball kicks.....infact he might actually be better .....certainly his passing is top notch too )

8194[/snapback]

If I was Sheperd I would make sure I had seen anybody SOuness wanted to buy twice. A: Ali Dia. And B: Amdy Faye the only holding midfielder in England who can't actually pass the ball.

actually thatis a good question

The honest answer is that from the limited facts i know about the situation, i think in the long term it COULD turn out the better for NUFC.  In principle selling belammy was a good idea, in reality it looks as thought its might be about to fall flat.

I think the whole question of selling Bellamy is a complete no-brainer. Our most influential and effective forward, for a pittance, simply because we had a new manager with a reputation for being a bully - he must have pissed his pants when Bellamy confronted him - correctly calling him useless and a prick - to give him the chance to show everyone how hard he is and what a disciplinarian he is. Souness thinks he is "tough" but he isn't he's an idiot, peddling good players everywhere he goes only ensures one thing, everybody loses. The fans, the club and himself.

You NEVER NEVER sell your best players, unless it is for genuine footballing reasons or the player in question has to be sold for financial or personal/family reasons. In Newcastle Uniteds case, the issue of financial reasons should never be an issue full stop. The only other reason is ambition, and that means the club has failed. During the time when Keegan was manager, no one wanted to leave Newcastle because the club was ambitious and showed itself to be ambitious, we should be like this all the time. Which leaves only footballing or personal/family reasons. Bellamy and Robert have been sold for one reason only, and it isn't either of those.

Was souness naive/at fault for trusting fat fredy too much?......ie he assumes the chairman would back him for transfers, this summer, which hes failed to do in recent weeks.   I think that the chairman is pulling out the carpet from under souness.  For reasons i can only speculate on.

You are totally ignoring the point I made that Souness is responsible for decreasing his own amount of cash by underselling players he has peddled. If he sold well he would have added to his transfer kitty. He has also been backed so far with 3 big players. Now that's not too bad. Taking into account the sale of Woodgate etc there is probably more, but it's his own fault that there isn't more money again available to him. Simple fact is, Emre, Parker and Boumsong should have been added to the team with the good players kept, like Bellamy and Robert and we would be far stronger for it.

I am alarmed that we have NOT landed a decent replacement.  The reason why is both souness AND shepherd fault, not just the managers.

Can't see why you blame Shepherd. Why do people keep saying Shepherd tells Souness who to buy and sell in the transfer market ? It's so unlikely it defies belief.

"He bought Bramble and Viana, not Robert and Viana. "    SBR did buy robert.

You implied he bought them at the same time. He bought Robert 2 years before Viana. And Robert proved to be good value, he and Bellamy propelled the team forward massively, and we got champions league football. It was a big fee, but if the player performs the fee is largely irrelevant to a degree, the context of the fee would look better if we had actually got a proper fee for his sale rather than make such a loss, but as explained earlier, there is only one man to blame for that.

Actually i agree we need a robert replacement.  LBM is allegedly one, dunno if hes good enough tbh, not watched him enough.

8194[/snapback]

If you are going to lose quality players, you make sure you have replacements through the door first. Only an idiot would do otherwise, and yes Souness is an idiot. Especially for the reasons he has stupidly kicked Bellamy out, he has had a whole season to look for a replacement. No excuses, it's his fault and his alone.

Emre has promise, but he is another central midfield player so we are no further forward to replacing Bellamy and Robert than we were 2 months ago.

Edited by LeazesMag

basically laddy i just dont agree with you. I think your spouting nonsense.

I think getting rid of robert was a prioity, as he was draggin the team down, into his own private hell.

Really you dont have any idea about what extent FF gets involved in transfers, so you cant claim that you have any better knowledge of how much FF got involved over bellamy.

I think the whole question of selling Bellamy is a complete no-brainer. Our most influential and effective forward, for a pittance, simply because we had a new manager with a reputation for being a bully - he must have pissed his pants when Bellamy confronted him - correctly calling him useless and a prick - to give him the chance to show everyone how hard he is and what a disciplinarian he is. Souness thinks he is "tough" but he isn't he's an idiot, peddling good players everywhere he goes only ensures one thing, everybody loses. The fans, the club and himself.

re discipline

I am convinced that the chairman wrote it into his job desripton to clamp down, on our alledged(press ) run away mob.

Hes just joing the jobhe was hired to do. If it makes the club healthy in the long run then good. Otherwise its just more imcompetance from FF. Probly he paniced about the bad image nufc had, not good for keepin the investors happy, that the ship was steady and he was a good helmsman.. So he hired someone to roll a few heads.

It is...ooops phone brb

Why should souness pay for a gamble that backfired on robert? Its SBR fault that the club lost so much money over robert and not souness; he paid WAY too much for the slacker. Robert was a timebomb that needed dismantling- good riddance to bad rubbish!

Bellamy is a much bigger loss to the team. Maybe souness over estimated the pulling power of NUFC..........none seems to want to come in, so i guess you could say that was naive and stupid; i still think tho that FF has told him fibs about how much of a transfer budget was actually available......tho rumour is that 20m is stashed away for shearer replacement, probly contains most of the woodgate windfall.

Edited by Womblemaster

basically laddy i just dont agree with you. I think your spouting nonsense.

I think getting rid of robert was a prioity, as he was draggin the team down, into his own private hell.

Really you dont have any idea about what extent FF gets involved in transfers, so you cant claim that you have any better knowledge of how much FF got involved over bellamy.

basically son no one knows how much Shepherd gets involved in transfers, Bobby Robson did though, he said last week that all the sales and buys were all his and the chairman didn't interfere. Now, are you prepared to say that Graeme Souness is any different ? My opinion is that if Shepherd attempted to interfere with this manager he would be told pretty abruptly where to go.

Robert is less of a loss than Bellamy, but to say just to let him go for nowt is OK, and get caught out replacing him - well I think if you think that you are a complete fuckwit like Souness.

re discipline

I am convinced that the chairman wrote it into his job desripton to clamp down, on our alledged(press ) run away mob.

Hes just joing the jobhe was hired to do.  If it makes the club healthy in the long run then good.  Otherwise its just more imcompetance from FF.  Probly he paniced about the bad image nufc had, not good for keepin the investors happy, that the ship was steady and he was a good helmsman..  So he hired someone to roll a few heads.

It is...ooops phone brb

You are obviously right about sorting out discipline, but who was nr 1 on the indisciplined list ? Thats right, mr fuckwits model professional, Kieron Dyer.

A good man manager would have sorted out discipline by gaining respect from his players, not assaulting them on the training ground. In any walk of life, such things would be rewarded with the sack and if he had got it we would be in a much healthier state with someone else managing the club.

Souness was also appointed to give us a good football team believe it or not, and I am pretty damn sure that selling our most influential forward and not replacing him with someone as good was not in his contract. I am pleased you think that a "happy" dressing [is it shite a happy dressing room, witness 2 player scrapping on the pitch, it was happy when we were in the Champions League though] and finishing 14th in the league is better than an "indisciplined" one that finishes 5th.

You see, you can't argue with results. If you do, you are a fuckwit son.

Why should souness pay for a gamble that backfired on robert?  Its SBR fault that the club lost so much money over robert and not souness; he paid WAY too much for the slacker.  Robert was a timebomb  that needed dismantling- good riddance to bad rubbish! 

Bollocks. Souness is the manager now. It's always the managers job to take over the running of the club and run it to the best of his ability. He paid his fee back, or a large chunk of it by his performances and helping the team qualify for the Champions League.

Bellamy is a much bigger loss to the team.  Maybe souness over estimated the pulling power of NUFC..........none seems to want to come in,  so i guess you could say that was naive and stupid; i still think tho that FF has told him fibs about how much of a transfer budget was actually available......tho rumour is that 20m is stashed away for shearer replacement, probly contains most of the woodgate windfall.

8210[/snapback]

no one knows. We might find out when he deservedly gets sacked, for doing a utterly shite job.

Edited by LeazesMag

He paid his fee back, or a large chunk of it by his performances and helping the team qualify for the Champions League.

therefore it doesnt matter what fee we got for his sale, we saved money getting him off our wage books.

:o

just yankin you chain. In an ideal world we would have got 5m for robert, however other clubs could see he wasnt worth more than 2m. The jenas goldfish bowl that is nufc, exposed robert for the non professional he was/is.

"You will have to ask the chairman what the latest situation is, but you can take it we have spoken to him."

quote from souness re owen transfer.

Seems ff has taken a more hands on approach since sacking SBR, think was in the press he was involved in boumsong deal etc. I think ff got cticised for letting bobby spend such larg sums, on what turned out to be a few questionable signings.

FF decided to not get caughtout twice......probly much to souness` frustration.

tbh i think ur being a bit naiive blaming souness for all thats gone on at nufc over the last 12 months, and i am quite sure that souness has done a better job than you could have.

He paid his fee back, or a large chunk of it by his performances and helping the team qualify for the Champions League.

therefore it doesnt matter what fee we got for his sale, we saved money getting him off our wage books.

:o

just yankin you chain.  In an ideal world we would have got 5m for robert, however other clubs could see he wasnt worth more than 2m.  The jenas goldfish bowl that is nufc, exposed robert for the non professional he was/is.

So you think we should give players away ...

No good you complaining about Shepherd not splashing cash if you are happy with the club giving players away son

And what does the highlight mean ? I reckon you should take some English lessons ;)

"You will have to ask the chairman what the latest situation is, but you can take it we have spoken to him."

quote from souness re owen transfer.

Seems ff has taken a more hands on approach since sacking SBR, think was in the press he was involved in boumsong deal etc.   I think ff got cticised for letting bobby spend such larg sums, on what turned out to be a few questionable signings.

FF decided to not get caughtout twice......probly much to souness` frustration.

tbh i think ur being a bit naiive blaming souness for all thats gone on at nufc over the last 12 months, and i am quite sure that souness has done a better job than you could have.

8394[/snapback]

what is this supposed to mean ????

Took you a long time to think of a reply son, I take that to mean you don't have proper answers as you avoided them when you finally got round to the ones regarding Souness selling bellamy and diving down the league, instead making a stupid jibe as detailed in bold. Nor the statement that FF is telling Souness who to buy and sell, he might be a crap manager but a yes man he is not.

Very good. Regarding the bit in bold again, if I had been manager, or you, or anyone else [unless they are a complete incompetent fuckwit] wouldn't have assaulted Bellamy, I wouldn't have played him where he wasn't so effective, I wouldn't have sold him, and I definitely wouldn't have brought players like Faye, Babayaro and Moore to this football club.

Edited by LeazesMag

you, or anyone else [unless they are a complete incompetent fuckwit] wouldn't have assaulted Bellamy,

actually id have smashed his face in. Some welsh people are just born arseholes.(i have an aunty whos married to one) They are just genetically shit people; best avoided or got rid of.

and I definitely wouldn't have brought players like Faye, Babayaro and Moore to this football club.

can agree on moore, and maybe babayaro, but not faye.

Faye is a one dimensional player.....hes good at breaking up attacks, but hes shite at passing, or going forward. Possibly 2m was too much for him, but i think hes good enough to be a squad player.

Baba used to be a good player, hes was great player for chelsea when they won the uefa cup back in.....2002 ?? He looks like a complete lasy twat atmo tho; need souness to give him a good hidin !

Moore is a stop gap. To cover while bramble recovers. pretty obvious really.

out of interest, who would you go for as a 3rd striker??

actually id have smashed his face in.  Some welsh people are just born arseholes.(i have an aunty whos married to one)  They are just genetically shit people; best avoided or got rid of.

steady, you might get called a racist ! :o Thing is though, there are lots of aresholes in football, and they are increasing all the time, among the highly paid ones anyway. Not excusing Bellamy for being a gobby bugger, it's just that it doesn't bother me so long as he was committed to Newcastle and gave everything when he crossed the white line, in Souness own words, which he did of course. In fact he was one of few that did. I would call a gobby bugger a player with desire to be honest.

and I definitely wouldn't have brought players like Faye, Babayaro and Moore to this football club.

can agree on moore, and maybe babayaro, but not faye.

Faye is a one dimensional player.....hes good at breaking up attacks, but hes shite at passing, or going forward.  Possibly 2m was too much for him, but i think hes good enough to be a squad player.

Fair enough. Your comment about his passing ability is enough for me though, he isnt' that good a tackler. The one thing I think he does well is make himself available to take the ball and find space, but that is nowhere near enough to be a player for Newcastle.

Baba used to be a good player,  hes was great player for chelsea when they won the uefa cup back in.....2002  ??  He looks like a complete lasy twat atmo tho;  need souness to give him a good hidin  !

Agreed. I would have sacked him on the spot for lining up with the Chelsea players for the last game of last season as well. Not bothered about the repercussions of playing with 10 men either, I'd have just sent him packing.

Moore is a stop gap.  To cover while bramble recovers.  pretty obvious really.

out of interest, who would you go for as a 3rd striker??

8438[/snapback]

I realise he is a stop gap, but selling the amount of players Souness has done means we may have to make more stop gap [panic !! ] buys yet. Foolish.

If we can't get them, we are foooooked

A 3rd striker ! I think Shearer is only barely going to get his place. We need three !

Going back to the original point, selling Bellamy is a disaster. We now have to replace him [impossible for the price we got for him], replace Shearer and on top of that wouldn't have had a back up for either. The club has had a disastrous time transfer wise, and the current positon they are in is self inflicted.

Forwards of the calibre we should buy at Newcastle are expensive, we should have people like Shearer, Ferdinand, Beardsley, Bellamy, Cole all the time. How much do we have and where do you start ??

Edited by LeazesMag