Luque

adios

I've been very patient with him, but tonight again I thought he showed very little, doesn't really get stuck in, looks off the pace and disinterested.  I'm very worried that the 18 million spent on him and Boumsong is money down the drain, honestly I think Boumsong has shown more value for money than him.

5 million a piece, cut our losses and reinvest.

99467[/snapback]

change the name to Souness and its the same old story, "not good enough", "give time".

Get the useless knacker out, but don't talk him down and try to get a fee.

I only hope people remember these 2 deals, among others, that were all down to Souness' professional "expertise" when Fred gets crucified for not having another 50m quid in the summer.....

BTW, the bold bit was obvious as fuck after his first game.

99492[/snapback]

;)

As Wullie said, events have conspired against him but he hasn't done himself any favours. He'll be away in the summer imo as I think it'll be what both he and the club wants.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been very patient with him, but tonight again I thought he showed very little, doesn't really get stuck in, looks off the pace and disinterested.  I'm very worried that the 18 million spent on him and Boumsong is money down the drain, honestly I think Boumsong has shown more value for money than him.

5 million a piece, cut our losses and reinvest.

99467[/snapback]

change the name to Souness and its the same old story, "not good enough", "give time".

Get the useless knacker out, but don't talk him down and try to get a fee.

I only hope people remember these 2 deals, among others, that were all down to Souness' professional "expertise" when Fred gets crucified for not having another 50m quid in the summer.....

BTW, the bold bit was obvious as fuck after his first game.

99492[/snapback]

;)

As Wullie said, events have conspired against him but he hasn't done himself any favours. He'll be away in the summer imo as I think it'll be what both he and the club wants.

99612[/snapback]

How have events conspired against him? Don't make excuses for the twat, please.

Agree with that SLP, if he's showing dis-interest than that simply is not on...

Interesting to note that some people who are knocking him for this though are the same people who said Robert could do no wrong... ;)

(not including you in this...)

99597[/snapback]

:P

Robert produced the goods in terms of goals and assists - that much is indisputable. I'm not going to rise to your bait, but you should question yourself why YOU have felt it necessary to bring up Robert twice in a thread that has nowt to do with him.

99611[/snapback]

I'm not baiting Renton, I brought him up both times as i thought it was relevant.

People talk about Luque as a player who can't be arsed. In that respect he's very much comparable to Robert.

Mainly his serious injury as soon as he got here and then having to adjust to playing in a foreign league in a side that until very recently was playing awful 'hoof it' football.

EDIT: For Renton.

Edited by alex

Interesting to note that some people who are knocking him for this though are the same people who said Robert could do no wrong... ;)

99597[/snapback]

Robert produced the goods in terms of goals and assists - that much is indisputable. I'm not going to rise to your bait, but you should question yourself why YOU have felt it necessary to bring up Robert twice in a thread that has nowt to do with him.

99611[/snapback]

I'm not baiting Renton, I brought him up both times as i thought it was relevant.

People talk about Luque as a player who can't be arsed. In that respect he's very much comparable to Robert.

99619[/snapback]

Craig, it's absurd to compare our most prolific midfielder of the past few years with Luque. I wish to God we still had Robert on the pitch compared to Luque, "swapping" the two and spending £10 million in the process is a disgrace.

Alex, I take your point but those "excuses" should now be in the past. I have been patient (this is the first thread I have criticised Luque I think) but enough's enough - the guy just simply isn't interested.

Craig, it's absurd to compare our most prolific midfielder of the past few years with Luque. I wish to God we still had Robert on the pitch compared to Luque, "swapping" the two and spending £10 million in the process is a disgrace.

99626[/snapback]

He could do no wrong in your eyes could he? ;)

Jesus fucking wept!

Alex, I take your point but those "excuses" should now be in the past. I have been patient (this is the first thread I have criticised Luque I think) but enough's enough - the guy just simply isn't interested.

99626[/snapback]

I agree with you in that this is the first time I've had enough of him, that run that SLP mentioned above may well be the turning point for me; but Robert is a very valid comparison, we all loved it when he did well, and felt with a bit of commitment he would be the best winger in the Premiership. There were plenty that were glad we got rid because he was showing so little towards the end, but he's still made to look like a workaholic by Luque.

Can I just say I'd rather have neither of them on the pitch for us?

;)

99633[/snapback]

That was obvious to some of us before you were born tbh.

Can I just say I'd rather have neither of them on the pitch for us?

99633[/snapback]

That was obvious to some of us before you were born tbh.

99634[/snapback]

;)

99626[/snapback]

He could do no wrong in your eyes could he? ;)

Jesus fucking wept!

99628[/snapback]

He could do no right in your eyes could he? :P

Jesus fucking wept! ;)

Contrary to what you think, I am not a blinkered Robert fan, but I do recognise what he has done for us in terms of goals and assists. I really struggle to see how other people don't recognise this. If Luque was producing the goods I wouldn't be remotely bothered by his half-arsed attitude, but he isn't. If people can't see the difference then fair enough, there's no point discussing it.

I don't want to get dragged into another Robert debate but my summary of him is thus;

Excellent first season, believed his own hype, got sussed, couldn't be bothered to do anything about it, showed glimpses of the first season when he could be arsed, became a liability. His performances for Pompey and now Benfica (where he's booed by his own fans depsite only being there 5 minutes ;) ) show we got rid at the right time.

When he was good he was good, it's just a shame he couldn't be arsed.

I don't want to get dragged into another Robert debate but my summary of him is thus;

Excellent first season, believed his own hype, got sussed, couldn't be bothered to do anything about it, showed glimpses of the first season when he could be arsed, became a liability. His performances for Pompey and now Benfica (where he's booed by his own fans depsite only being there 5 minutes  ;) ) show we got rid at the right time.

When he was good he was good, it's just a shame he couldn't be arsed.

99648[/snapback]

An excellent first season is a hell of a lot better than we're getting from Luque this season though, isn't it? :P

The truth is, even though he was shite last season, he created more goals than anyone else in midfield. And it's goals that count, innit?

Ha ha ha

What isn't funny is that LM was correct.........from the start.

But...........give him time, blah blah blah.

99547[/snapback]

There is no way that anybody could have legitimately stated hed be shite, anyone who watched him play before he came to us raved about him, pace, skill, finishing the lot he appeared to be class. All the manager of the time could go off was what we all saw, a good player. The fact he turned out to be a crock of shite was in no way inevitable.

99549[/snapback]

What he did in Spain is irrelevant until he does it in the premiership, or shows he wants to do it in the premiership. This was a player who showed in his first game he had no desire nor the attributes to succeed in the premiership.

In my opinion. No heart, no desire, wants too much time on the ball. No pre-conceived ideas of expectations when they arrive from another country, especially when they are 27 going on 28, it is very unlikely they will change their game or show the inclination to adapt that a 20 year old would. Which is why IMO it was inevitable.

Waste of money. The "professional " who thought he could spend 9.5m of the clubs money to replace either Craig Bellamy or Laurent Robert, wherever he is supposed to be best, wants fucking shooting. The same bloke who said the "professionals think Boumsong had a good game" when the fans knew he had had a nightmare. Wanker.

The legacy of Souness is a lot of money wasted, players we can't get rid of and strapped for cash. Shepherd is now going to get the flak for supporting his manager, when it is obvious we are stuck with some of this shower he brought to the club. Including Dire's new contract that will end up costing the club millions when he will either play 10 games a season at the most or have to give up playing in the end.

As well as screwing up the club while he was here, he's also squandered good money to cover up for his ego and incompetent mismanagement which could have been made available to the new bloke.

I'm still confused as to why the manager is involved in contract negotiations. I thought the chairman did that sort of thing?

99867[/snapback]

He does ;)

I'm still confused as to why the manager is involved in contract negotiations. I thought the chairman did that sort of thing?

99867[/snapback]

He does ;)

99869[/snapback]

So who gave the new contract to Dyer? :P

99871[/snapback]

Souness?

99867[/snapback]

Doesn't the manager tell or recommend to his chairman who he wants to keep, sell, or buy ?

Funny that, I thought its been like that for the last 40 years at least

I do hope you aren't going to suggest that a chairman hires a manager, pays him a fortune, then does his job for him again .......

99867[/snapback]

Doesn't the manager tell or recommend to his chairman who he wants to keep, sell, or buy ?

99879[/snapback]

Aye then the chairman negotiates the contract. Incidentally, do you think Dyer wouldn't have got a new contract under Robson?

99867[/snapback]

Funny that, I thought its been like that for the last 40 years at least

I do hope you aren't going to suggest that a chairman hires a manager, pays him a fortune, then does his job for him again .......

99879[/snapback]

So does the manager decide how much to pay the player?

99597[/snapback]

I'll bite, 'cos it's fun.

That's because Robert didn't do what Luque does ( or should I say doesn't ). He scored and created more goals than the rest of the midfielders combined, which means despite how much people want to believe otherwise, Robert produced something, Luque has produced fúck all. :P