Anyone else here lean right politically?

Asprilla

I'll entertain it, why not? I'm kind of new again and full of energy :D

It's not black and white. I'm liberal (in the real sense of the word) but I probably hold some right wing views. I'd like national service, for all who don't go on to further education at 16,  for example, and I'd like us to build more prisons and give people real sentences (Couple jailed after their baby died with more than 60 broken bones | ITV News London - 8 years for baby murder). On the other side I believe in rehabilitation and our commitment to the Geneva Refugee convention. 

Just labelling people as "left" and right is annoying and it reads like an attack (whichever side you feel you are on) and then people get defensive, and it escalates and gets silly. 

The whole "left" thing seems to me to be a manufactured thing that's happened in Britain in the past 15 years that I've mostly missed. It wasn't a thing in 2005 , I've tried searching google etc for it, date limited and its just very rare.
the left at DuckDuckGo - limited to 2004

the left at DuckDuckGo today 

I think it all started straight after the con/lib coalition and I believe it's come from American political culture. A way to indoctrinate people that anything not in favour of GDP > everything , is communist. Just like a certain country over the pond and look at the fucking state of them - scared of their own shadows because everyone is full of pre-conceived ideas about the others and everyone is "something" (so division in society) - Black , White, Communist, Democrat, Republican, NRA , Anti Abortion, etc etc etc.

Anyhoo, my personal opinion- It's not left vs right. It's everyone vs NeoLiberalism and we need to try and win pretty fucking quickly as they are sewing everything up to ensure they can rob us and the world of our resources indefinately.  

Most of the media, most publishers, most governments are all in the pocket of the few.  We had the IMF literally take control of Greece a few years ago, acting as a government and setting it's healthcare policy. No one batted an eyelid as people ate from bins and death increased - cos they "deserved it" and were in debt , right?

All this labelling, is just playing into the hands of the politicians - divide and conquer is a strategy.

I'm bleating again.. cheers for the therapy

Edited by scoobos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scoobos said:

It's not black and white. I'm liberal (in the real sense of the word) but I probably hold some right wing views. I'd like national service, for all who don't go on to further education at 16,  for example, and I'd like us to build more prisons and give people real sentences (Couple jailed after their baby died with more than 60 broken bones | ITV News London - 8 years for baby murder). On the other side I believe in rehabilitation and our commitment to the Geneva Refugee convention. 

Just labelling people as "left" and right is annoying and it reads like an attack (whichever side you feel you are on) and then people get defensive, and it escalates and gets silly. 

The whole "left" thing seems to me to be a manufactured thing that's happened in Britain in the past 15 years that I've mostly missed. It wasn't a thing in 2005 , I've tried searching google etc for it, date limited and its just very rare.

I think it all started straight after the con/lib coalition and I believe it's come from American political culture. A way to indoctrinate people that anything not in favour of GDP > everything , is communist. Just like a certain country over the pond and look at the fucking state of them - scared of their own shadows because everyone is full of pre-conceived ideas about the others and everyone is "something" (so division in society) - Black , White, Communist, Democrat, Republican, NRA , Anti Abortion, etc etc etc.

Anyhoo, my personal opinion- It's not left vs right. It's everyone vs NeoLiberalism and we need to try and win pretty fucking quickly as they are sewing everything up to ensure they can rob us and the world of our resources indefinately.  

Most of the media, most publishers, most governments are all in the pocket of the few.  We had the IMF literally take control of Greece a few years ago, acting as a government and setting it's healthcare policy. No one batted an eyelid as people ate from bins and death increased - cos they "deserved it" and were in debt , right?

All this labelling, is just playing into the hands of the politicians - divide and conquer is a strategy.

Thank you for your thoughts... 👍🏼😎

I’ll respond properly to this when it’s not 3:06 am :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/01/2022 at 01:06, scoobos said:

I agree with pretty much all of this.

Not sure how I feel about the National Service bit which isn’t to say I disagree, more that I haven’t really thought about it much.

I’m not saying this is the reason but it seems a bit ironic that as the world becomes more digital we seem to become more binary.

0 or 1.

Make your mind up which are you!!!?

I take your point about the recent prevalence of the terms “left” and “right”. Possibly it’s because the terms Tory and Labour don’t mean much outside of the UK and so perhaps those terms got substituted so we could “translate” as we talked more online to people in America, Canada, Aus/NZ etc 

In defence of the modern “right”, they seem at least to me, more willing to allow people with different views to express them.

In very simple terms I think the “leftist” philosophy comes from a good place and from the heart. I think the “right” just don’t think it works.

The left’s answer to everything is more government but I personally want as little of it as possible.

Edited by Asprilla

Its cool that in the space of a few posts you've gone from being a proud and devoted right winger to arguing that it shouldn't be a binary arguement, even going as far as to distance yourself from the right.

This whole thread has been a fascinating insight into how you think which is much more interesting that hearing what you think.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Blastronaut said:

Its cool that in the space of a few posts you've gone from being a proud and devoted right winger to arguing that it shouldn't be a binary arguement, even going as far as to distance yourself from the right.

This whole thread has been a fascinating insight into how you think which is much more interesting that hearing what you think.

thank you for your thoughts

4 hours ago, Asprilla said:

I agree with pretty much all of this.

Not sure how I feel about the National Service bit which isn’t to say I disagree, more that I haven’t really thought about it much.

I’m not saying this is the reason but it seems a bit ironic that as the world becomes more digital we seem to become more binary.

0 or 1.

Make your mind up which are you!!!?

I take your point about the recent prevalence of the terms “left” and “right”. Possibly it’s because the terms Tory and Labour don’t mean much outside of the UK and so perhaps those terms got substituted so we could “translate” as we talked more online to people in America, Canada, Aus/NZ etc 

In defence of the modern “right”, they seem at least to me, more willing to allow people with different views to express them.

In very simple terms I think the “leftist” philosophy comes from a good place and from the heart. I think the “right” just don’t think it works.

The government has become an enormous entity in every country now and I personally want as little of it as possible. 

Larry David Reaction GIF

• Haha 4