Roeder & Ramage

Rob W

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in his first season at juventus  ;)

I think not.

Be pendantic if you like and pick apart my examples but the fact remains, hes played first tem football less than 6months and never really let us down. 1 mistake and we are ready to axe him  :jester:

106403[/snapback]

Henry played for Monaco before Juventus ffs.

I think not.

Be pendantic if you like and pick apart my examples but the fact remains, hes played first tem football less than 6months and never really let us down. 1 mistake and we are ready to axe him  :jester:

106403[/snapback]

106448[/snapback]

yep, and 20 goals in 110 games proves my point

Edited by J69

I think not.

106403[/snapback]

106448[/snapback]

106593[/snapback]

Hardly. It's not a terrible return for a young left winger.

I think not.

106403[/snapback]

106448[/snapback]

106593[/snapback]

106607[/snapback]

Compares favourably with another young french left winger (is it 4 in 50?)

Ramage will only be decent if he plays very intelligently imo. This is because he's slow, not very strong, not a great jumper (decent timing though), not a great tackler and seriously average at football.

To make up for this he must play with great awareness and excellent decision making becasue he has no physical attributes to rely on to get him out of trouble.

To be fair though the likes of Shearer were playing top level football in their teens.  Ramage is what 22 if he was going to be good enough he would have made the breakthrough long before now.

106351[/snapback]

hes not good enough according to you.

and the facts are ' terry, schevchencko and nistlerooy did very little in their first season'

i suppose tony adams would have made the breakthrough long before 22 if he was going to be good enough?

106417[/snapback]

Fact?

Van Nistelrooy scored 13 goals in 30 games in his first season in top flight football in Holland.

Shevchenko won the Ukranian footballer of the year in his second full season.

John Terry won the Young Player of the year award in his first season. (Chelsea's, not the FA's)

Argue for the sake of it if you want, but at least know some facts before attempting debate; otherwise you look stupid.

I think not.

106403[/snapback]

106448[/snapback]

106593[/snapback]

106607[/snapback]

except he was mainly a striker at monaco and became a winger at juve.

To be fair though the likes of Shearer were playing top level football in their teens.  Ramage is what 22 if he was going to be good enough he would have made the breakthrough long before now.

106351[/snapback]

and the facts are ' terry, schevchencko and nistlerooy did very little in their first season'

i suppose tony adams would have made the breakthrough long before 22 if he was going to be good enough?

106417[/snapback]

Fact?

Van Nistelrooy scored 13 goals in 30 games in his first season in top flight football in Holland.

ramage has made 1 major mistake in his first season in top flight football

when your only rival is rebrov thats not hard

John Terry won the Young Player of the year award in his first season. (Chelsea's, not the FA's)

So did Jenas and he shite as well apparently

Argue for the sake of it if you want, but at least know some facts before attempting debate; otherwise you look stupid.

106666[/snapback]

;) bovvered

I think not.

106403[/snapback]

106448[/snapback]

106593[/snapback]

106607[/snapback]

Compares favourably with another young french left winger (is it 4 in 50?)

106615[/snapback]

I think thats a bit of a harsh comparison on the Zog. To be fair, Henry played his seasons at that age in a team in his native country. Thats a little less of a daunting task than playing in a foreign country with a different language etc.

Before anyone pulls me up on it - I'm not saying that the Zog is going to be the next Henry in his position, but lets give him a chance too eh?

Edited by maggiespaws

I don't think GS is making disparaging remarks about Zoggy, he's using an excellent prospect (Zoggy) to make a point about Henry's statistics being quite good.

Sorry, yeah, I wasn't jumping down Zoggys neck, rather as Dotbum points out, comparing someone who everyone regards as being a fairly special prospect with someone who has become one of the best players in the world, but started "slowly".

Sorry, yeah, I wasn't jumping down Zoggys neck, rather as Dotbum points out, comparing someone who everyone regards as being a fairly special prospect with someone who has become one of the best players in the world, but started "slowly".

106836[/snapback]

Ahh, right.

*Put's down the stick he's holding and picks it up by the other end * ;)

106351[/snapback]

106417[/snapback]

Fact?

ramage has made 1 major mistake in his first season in top flight football

when your only rival is rebrov thats not hard

So did Jenas and he shite as well apparently

106666[/snapback]

:o bovvered

106789[/snapback]

Struggling to see how any of the points you've made there back up your argument.

You stated that all of those players didn't come good until 4 or 5 years into their career in top flight football, and state that it's proof. I'd like to see the proof please, as I've already started to provide proof that it's incorrect.

Henry was a winger for Monaco by the way. Only played 4 or 5 games up front for them.

my point is . . . . . alot of people on here have written ramage off already after 6months as not good enough.

I said henry, shearer, nistelrooy, terry, schevcenko did very little in their first 6 months and look how good they turned out to be so lets give the lad a chance

and then you decided to swerve round my point and say my examples were the worst possible ones which had nowt to do with the topic at hand and thats how we ended up here.

My starting point is still valid, ramage will serve us well for a long while and will only improve over time.

not many players come straight into the first team and hold down a place for 6 months, especially ones who arent good enough.

I know, and I agreed with the sentiment in the first post. Then Scottish Mag piped up saying if he was good enough hed have shown it by now.

This is a lad who comes from the area, has played a lot of games games for us, has won plaudits across football, was the subject of interest from arsenal etc., always gives 100percent and he makes one mistake and people are writing him off! It just fucks me right off.

Stevie Taylor on the other hand is the next stam/nesta/adams all rolled into one, and hel get better with age apparently!