Who's good enough and whose not

aimaad22

Dont have to say anything about Given. Player of the season.

Bramble, Boumsong are just not good enough. I'd give boumsong maybe one more year if we havent got the money to buy a better defender.

Elliot and moore may be experienced and dedicated, but they are poor footballers and just not good enough for us if we are to chase a european spot.

I now have my doubts about ramage. He was rubbish when he broke into the team, then put in few solid performances. He seems to have completely fallen apart now. Had a horrible game again today. Another one who just wont be good enough imo.

Carr and babayaro are usually solid. But then again as you'd expect from a newcastle defender they look nervous at times. Carr had a few nervy moments today. They will do okay I think. Besides, we wont have money to replace them in the summer even if we wanted to. A striker and a couple of CBs are much more needed.

Solano is a quality player who should be at his prime these days. Should be our RW for the next two years at least imo.

Emre and parker have impressed since joining esp. parker. Emre is different class when he's going and he's becoming used to playing in england. I thought he did very well today. A couple of marauding runs and some fantastic through passes and long balls, worthy of gerrard or lampard. Parker has been mr. reliable this season. Scored one of the top 5 goals of the season as well today.

N'Zogbia and taylor are our brightest prospects, cant wait to how much better they get next season.

Luque has been very unlucky, a bad injury followed by a lack of confidence shown in him by the club. The lads a quality player, if we just give him a good run in the team he'll show his true clours imo. I'll be gutted if he left.

Bowyer, Faye and Ameobi are just not good enough, they need to go.

Dyer and Owen have looked brilliant when they've played. But our wonderful luck ensured they miss half the season.

Shearer is leaving.... :):):unsure:;)

(hope i havent missed anybody)

People were saying Souness would leave a better group of players than the ones he inherited.

The only top quality players we have, with a future, for me are Given, Owen, and Zoggy

And for that, we are 50m quid gone.

Edited by LeazesMag

People were saying Souness would leave a better group of players than the ones he inherited.

The only top quality players we have, with a future, for me are Given, Owen, and Zoggy

110753[/snapback]

I don't know Parker and Emre can get it done , we just need to have somebody

up front who can actually scare the opposing back four. Right now they look at

Shearer and Ameobi and just laugh. Ameobi getting 200 games screams out

what has been wrong for the past few years. Owen and his daughter would

be better up front than what we've had to watch lately.

Edited by mike14

being harsh, deliberately.

Parker and Emre are good premiership players, but not top quality, so is Solano although he;s now 31. Parker needs to stay on his feet and stop double turning on himself, he either doesn't have confidence to look or move forward or there is no movement ahead of him. Probably both. As a top player, a player like Carrick beats him hands down in his use of the ball. Emre could do with being more athletic and pacy, so the pairing isn't great in that respect.

The original 3 [plus Taylor who I forgot] are IMO the only players we have that the top 2/3 teams, or ourselves in 1996, would get a look in on.

The team that Souness inherited had Bellamy and Bernard, who were top players in their positions, Taylor had not emerged and Zoggy had just been signed. So for 50m quid we have improved the team by one major player, but are 2 down.

Whatever the problem with Bernard, and we all know his agent was taking the piss, I think we could do a lot worse than sound him out again, and see if he has changed his attitude and will appreciate the club if he had a 2nd chance.

Hughes, Robert, Ambrose should all still be at the club. Milner too, should not be allowed to leave. Ameobi would have to stay at the club too as 3rd striker because we simply would have to direct what money we have elsewhere.

If those players were all still here, add fringe players who may improve like Bramble, Dyer with his injury record unless we got an offer for him, Bowyer, Ramage and with 2 or 3 QUALITY buys to go straight into the team in the weak areas, and we could be knocking on the door of the Champions League again. Unfortunately this is where we were when Souness came, but he's spent the money, and we are down on quality players too.

The next few years are going to be like Bobby Robsons first few years, unless the new manager pulls a few rabbits out of the hat. As Robson did himself after steadying the club down first.

Edited by LeazesMag

Robert should have been booted out in 04 - he only "won back" the fans by becoming a flag-bearer against Souness. Hughes and Ambrose are nowhere near being even good enough to be fringe players. Bellamy is the only good player we've lost.

Boumsong and Luque are probably write-offs but I'd anticipate getting a fair proportion of the money back on the latter at least and probably the former if he has a good world cup (france are happy with him).

Parker and Emre are good players - better than Jenas and Butt.

I'm not defending Souness that much but the idea that he has cleared out a squad of top players and replaced them with nothing is bollocks.

Edited by NJS

I'm not defending Souness that much but the idea that he has cleared out a squad of top players and replaced them with nothing is bollocks.

110767[/snapback]

But it's not bollocks that he has set the club back by a number of years with his bad buys and selling of squad players for nowt.

110767[/snapback]

But it's not bollocks that he has set the club back by a number of years with his bad buys and selling of squad players for nowt.

110786[/snapback]

I'd agree to an extent but I'm not a "years" man - I don't think theres that much wrong that couldn't have us back top 6 (but a bit of work from top 3) which is where we were when he came without a good appointment and a couple of decent buys.

Whatever the problem with Bernard, and we all know his agent was taking the piss, I think we could do a lot worse than sound him out again, and see if he has changed his attitude and will appreciate the club if he had a 2nd chance.

110760[/snapback]

Most Rangers fans would let us have him in a minute tbh.

Hes been about as effective for them as Luque has for us.

I couldn't believe it when they said it was Shola's 200th game for us yesterday.  How the hell has that happened???

110823[/snapback]

I noticed this a couple of weeks ago when I had a look at the player stats at .com. I am in no way suggesting that I think Chopra is a Premiership striker, but you have to wonder why Shola has been given so many chances by managers to demonstrate that he can't perform at this stage regularly. How many decent performances are in these 200 games? 10? 15?

Edited by Isegrim

I couldn't believe it when they said it was Shola's 200th game for us yesterday.  How the hell has that happened???

110823[/snapback]

Well he is Shola the master of illusion!

He'd give that Copperfield bloke a run for his money for the most believable disappearing act.

Edited by sammynb