Oliver's at it again

Wullie

Imagine Hughes coming here and being a success - next stop Old Trafford.

Hughes? No thankyou.

I still think it's gonna be Allardyce. Can't wait to say I told you so if he is appointed, so I can show my knowledge of all things football B)  :lol:  :D

112430[/snapback]

And if he isn't appointed are you going to stay quiet? :razz:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine Hughes coming here and being a success - next stop Old Trafford.

Hughes? No thankyou.

I still think it's gonna be Allardyce. Can't wait to say I told you so if he is appointed, so I can show my knowledge of all things football :D  :lol:  :icon_lol:

112430[/snapback]

And if he isn't appointed are you going to stay quiet? :razz:

112434[/snapback]

Hush my big mouth, if not :D

EDIT: btw, I'm not advocating Allardyce in any way (check my posts). My first choice has always been Hiddink though if that were to happen I would come to a piss-up with a man bag, I am that confident it wont happen! B)

Edited by snakehips

The Pearce love-in going on in the press is hilarious.

112443[/snapback]

When Distin was sent off at 'the bridge' (as the media darlings like to call it), and Pearce was interviewed about it, I was sitting there thinking, 'Go on, Stuart, let that fuckin idiot of a ref have a piece of your mind'.

But, no, Pearce said some limp-wristed bollocks along the lines of 'he'll get no criticism from me'.

Pearce lost a lot of support from me then.

Dunno like, Stuart Pearce has always said he won't have a go at the refs and has stuck by it. Not a bad policy in truth.

112454[/snapback]

He'll snap one day and pop Mike Riley's head between his mighty thighs.

Dunno like, Stuart Pearce has always said he won't have a go at the refs and has stuck by it. Not a bad policy in truth.

112454[/snapback]

Very admiral, I'm sure :lol:

Can't wait for some atrocious decision to cost Citeh (the best supported club in the history of football. FACT!) a big big game.

I know what I would like our manager to say if it happened to us.

As Alex said though, he's Shepherd's mouthpiece and thus represents Shepherd's views. I still think there is no chance of the useless fat man appointing a foreign manager. He'll go for the likes of Bruce and Curbishley before he even considers a foreigner, no matter what he says in the papers. And basically, that says it all - Shepherd hasn't got a clue and isn't fit to manage a multi-million pound football club.

Everytime I have a look at the table, see Birmingham's position and think about us still being managerless, I shudder.

Oliver's entitled to his opinion like but if he's writing a news piece, shouldn't he leave the opinion stuff out and just do the reporting?

This is why some fans felt compelled to create the Hitzfeld site because we have lunatics like this 'representing' us in the media.

Regarding Houllier, I'm not so sure about him. Again his CV is fantastic and no-one can claim he did a poor job at Liverpool, he's a good manager I guess but I just couldn't see it working.

And do we really want Phil fucking Thompson at our club?

*shudders*

Does anyone think this 'report' is the club's way of forcing O'Neill into making a decision or to invite other managers to write in?

I honestly think O'Neill will take the England job if offered, which I believe will happen.

If we have to go British (sigh) then Big Sam is my number once choice. Pearce has done fuck all, Hughes needs to do what he's done this season for a number of years first and we all know he's Man Utd bound http://www.footballexpo.com/news/msg/777.html anyway as for the likes of Curbishley, fuck me he admitted to feeling unease at all the speculation regarding his FA talks, imagine what he'd be like with 50,000 fans booing him, that bottom lip would cause earth quakes.

Edited by Howaythetoon

Oliver says "I hope", so maybe he isn't as close to the thinking as some appear to believe.

I would take Mark Hughes as our next manager.

I don't see what Stuart Pearce has done to warrant anything, he has only took over Keegans players and team and since he took over have stopped making progress as they were under Keegan. The only thing he does is dance around on the touchline like a stupid cunt, for show, like Strachan and amazingly the press think its wonderful and some supporters take this crap on board.

The one thing that is going to annoy the fuck out of me if we get O'Neill is that Oliver is gonna bang on about it for years on how he reported it after his drive home from the Wigan cup defeat....

:lol:

Oliver is a xenophobic wanker of the highest order. It's quite embarrassing when you think that his comments on Souness' appointment were along the lines of "He's the best British manager around, Chelsea wanted him" - yeah, right. And now he does it again and tries to promote British no-marks ahead of proven international managers (O'Neill excluded).

As Alex said though, he's Shepherd's mouthpiece and thus represents Shepherd's views. I still think there is no chance of the useless fat man appointing a foreign manager. He'll go for the likes of Bruce and Curbishley before he even considers a foreigner, no matter what he says in the papers. And basically, that says it all - Shepherd hasn't got a clue and isn't fit to manage a multi-million pound football club.

I'd rather we tried someone like Martin Jol before we went for one of the useless British managers. It's frightening to look at how the media are wanking over Pearce, whose team are 12th in the league, when someone like Jol is on course to finish in a Champions League spot. If Jol was English, they would never stop talking about him.

112427[/snapback]

so you think he'll go for Bruce then :lol:

Oliver is a xenophobic wanker of the highest order. It's quite embarrassing when you think that his comments on Souness' appointment were along the lines of "He's the best British manager around, Chelsea wanted him" - yeah, right. And now he does it again and tries to promote British no-marks ahead of proven international managers (O'Neill excluded).

I'd rather we tried someone like Martin Jol before we went for one of the useless British managers. It's frightening to look at how the media are wanking over Pearce, whose team are 12th in the league, when someone like Jol is on course to finish in a Champions League spot. If Jol was English, they would never stop talking about him.

112427[/snapback]

i agree.

if , as we all suspect, shepherd has ruled out all foreign managers - even those with better cvs than any of the british managers in the running - then he can fuck off as far as i'm concerned.

he has to get this appointment right. if he rules out the best man for the job because of his nationality then he has proven beyond reason (even to the likes of leazesmag) that he isn't capable of running a football club.

Oliver's a moron but a journalist shouldn't have an opinion? New one on me like.

112486[/snapback]

he's entitled to his opinion but the way he feels he has to get his two pence in to every news piece or match report he files is beyond annoying.

why does he feel the need to let us know what he 'feels', 'suspects', 'hopes' in ALL of his copy???

i couldn't care less about his gut instincts tbh.

Oliver's a moron but a journalist shouldn't have an opinion? New one on me like.

112486[/snapback]

he's entitled to his opinion but the way he feels he has to get his two pence in to every news piece or match report he files is beyond annoying.

why does he feel the need to let us know what he 'feels', 'suspects', 'hopes' in ALL of his copy???

i couldn't care less about his gut instincts tbh.

112520[/snapback]

Well he can't say Freddie told me this, can he? :lol:

112427[/snapback]

i agree.

if , as we all suspect, shepherd has ruled out all foreign managers - even those with better cvs than any of the british managers in the running - then he can fuck off as far as i'm concerned.

he has to get this appointment right. if he rules out the best man for the job because of his nationality then he has proven beyond reason (even to the likes of leazesmag) that he isn't capable of running a football club.

112512[/snapback]

On the contrary, if he appoints a british manager who succeeds, what then ? Same as none of you complained when we were in the CL.

For as long as we are competing above the vast majority of other big city clubs, that I've named and people still don't acknowledge to be fact, he is running a successful top class football clubm which you say he can't do ? Correct or not ?

The amount of people who continue to think we have a divine right to be the best club, when it has been pointed out on many occasions how shit we were prior to the Halls and Shepherd, is staggering.

112427[/snapback]

i agree.

112512[/snapback]

On the contrary, if he appoints a british manager who succeeds, what then ? Same as none of you complained when we were in the CL.

For as long as we are competing above the vast majority of other big city clubs, that I've named and people still don't acknowledge to be fact, he is running a successful top class football clubm which you say he can't do ? Correct or not ?

The amount of people who continue to think we have a divine right to be the best club, when it has been pointed out on many occasions how shit we were prior to the Halls and Shepherd, is staggering.

112537[/snapback]

if he appoints bruce or curbishly ahead of hitzfeld on the grounds of his nationality he wants shooting.

don't you agree that the job should go to the man with the best cv? nationality should have bugger all to do with it, no?

C.V and Experience should count above all else, O'Neill has both if you take Premiership into account where as Hitzfeld also has both, but he lacks Premiership experience so I can see why we would opt for O'Neill.

Plus he is represented by Proactive Sports like. :lol:

For as long as we are competing above the vast majority of other big city clubs, that I've named and people still don't acknowledge to be fact, he is running a successful top class football clubm which you say he can't do  ? Correct or not ?

112537[/snapback]

Howay man Leazes, don't reopen that one. You made a class post the other day and I think it made us all realise (it certainly did me) that we share a lot of similar feelings about the club, Shepherd et al. I would have thought you of all people though would appreciate the folly of only going for British managers given it meant we ended up with Souness last time round.

Another reason why Anal O. is against Hitzfeld might be that Anal tried to get an interview with him, but Hitzfeld refused. Not like Geordie boys Lee Clark and Robbie Elliott who always have a minute for the local press, rather like Laurent Robert who once tried to kill him...

On the other hand, Martin O'Neill could become the new Brett Emerton...

112427[/snapback]

i agree.

112512[/snapback]

112537[/snapback]

if he appoints bruce or curbishly ahead of hitzfeld on the grounds of his nationality he wants shooting.

don't you agree that the job should go to the man with the best cv? nationality should have bugger all to do with it, no?

112544[/snapback]

My point is, and always has been, the board at NUFC are the people who have put us in the position of attracting these big managers, whoever their choice is if it is different to yours.

Most of the other big city clubs wouldn't even have a chance of these managers, which rips the theory that they "aren't fit to run a top club" up for arsepaper