There maybe trouble ahead.....

Jimbo

Good luck if you are sitting next to them. Me and my sons, who at the time were 6,8,&10 had the mis fortune of them mixing with the home fans at Rugby Park a few seasons ago, it was the game where Sutton accused Dunfermline of lying down to Rangers.

I would have rather have spnt 90 mins at the Alamo, it was sheer torture especially for the kids. The abouse they gave out was over the top. Also saw the trouble at the end of the game, one group of guys were laying in to a pregnant woman.

All in all a pretty shitty bunch and have found through experience the other mob from west of Glasgow aint much better.

We'll see. There's nothing to say that this particular group are coming for any reason other than to watch the match. If they act themselves they'll be easy to spot up in the corner of the Milburn anyway and they'll get hoyed out.

Good luck if you are sitting next to them. Me and my sons, who at the time  were 6,8,&10 had the mis fortune of them mixing with the home fans at Rugby Park a few seasons ago, it was the game where Sutton accused Dunfermline of lying down to Rangers.

I would have rather have spnt 90 mins at the Alamo, it was sheer torture especially for the kids. The abouse they gave out was over the top. Also saw the trouble at the end of the game, one group of guys were laying in to a pregnant woman.

All in all a pretty shitty bunch and have found through experience the other mob from west of Glasgow aint much better.

113757[/snapback]

They were "laying into" a pregnant woman. Sorry, but I find that a bit hard to believe. ;)

Good luck if you are sitting next to them. Me and my sons, who at the time  were 6,8,&10 had the mis fortune of them mixing with the home fans at Rugby Park a few seasons ago, it was the game where Sutton accused Dunfermline of lying down to Rangers.

113757[/snapback]

They were "laying into" a pregnant woman. Sorry, but I find that a bit hard to believe. :)

113771[/snapback]

I KNEW you would be straight into this thread. ;)

So based on that you are going to generalise all their supporters?

114468[/snapback]

No am basing it on personal experience. Not saying they are all bad. Just quoteing the experiences I've had throughout the years.

hope this helps.....

http://www.killiefc.com/B&H/0017-30th%20May%202003.htm

114440[/snapback]

That doesn't really back up what you were saying though, at the very least you exagerated. I'm not doubting you had a bad experience, nor am I condoning idiotic twats that behave like that. But the thing is, I could point out times from personal experience when I've been among Celtic fans who were really canny, and times I've witnessed some really twattish behaviour from Newcastle fans. The fact is, Celtic are not particularly renowned for their bad behaviour, as their good record in Europe bears testament to. I'd be surprised if there is any trouble at the testimonial match, or if the atmosphere is as ugly as the average England match for that matter.

Why do people assume that these tickets are going to lads intent on causing trouble??? I don't know of any trouble associated with Celtic fans at a testimonial.

I would guess that they just want to come to Newcastle - if they don't live around here to start with - have a night out and take in a friendly game of football.

As someone has pointed out, there are arseholes associated with both Glasgow teams but the vast majority are good people - like the majority of NUFC fans are.

Let's not jump hasty assumptions, eh?

Edited by snakehips