How do these Torrent feckers work?

Lazarus

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're making this up aren't you? :lol:

124225[/snapback]

Nar it's what i got recommended when my Azureus was being a twat with me :icon_lol:

Unless your trying to whooooooooooooooosh me! :angry:

Nah, I'm not. I'm not sure it's Azureus that's the problem though. I can't understand how when I forward the ports and then run Shields up and the port is open......then an hour later if I run Shields up again it's not anymore. :lol: I'll try that port though if you reckon that might make a difference.

Nah, I'm not.  I'm not sure it's Azureus that's the problem though.  I can't understand how when I forward the ports and then run Shields up and the port is open......then an hour later if I run Shields up again it's not anymore. :lol:  I'll try that port though if you reckon that might make a difference.

124231[/snapback]

Well that was the port i got told over on newcastle-online when mine was being a twat and it worked fine for me

Nah, I'm not.  I'm not sure it's Azureus that's the problem though.  I can't understand how when I forward the ports and then run Shields up and the port is open......then an hour later if I run Shields up again it's not anymore. :lol:  I'll try that port though if you reckon that might make a difference.

124231[/snapback]

if the ports in use by Azureus it wont show as open. Also for a long time after Azureus is shut down you'll be getting traffic on that port so it may still show up as closed. Just a guess but I wouldnt worry about it

Just thought ....I did have a problem with Azureus and my router. The thing just stopped picking up new connections so after an hour or so the speed would drop. All to do with UPnP. Turned that off in the router and everything was OK.

Edited by luckypierre

I'm more confused than before I read this thread.

I'd always left my port on the default one (why is that the default if it tells you to pick one from another range??)

Changed to 60700, checked the Shields Up thing: stealth.

Read the NAT problems page: it might as well have been in japanese. Anyone give me a spacka-proof walkthrough?

I'd always left my port on the default one (why is that the default if it tells you to pick one from another range??)

Read the NAT problems page: it might as well have been in japanese. Anyone give me a spacka-proof walkthrough?

124866[/snapback]

Go to www.portforward.com mate. If you know what router you're using (if you're using one) and what bittorrent client, it'll give you an easy walkthrough on how to forward your ports properly.

Also, go to transmission.m0k.org and look on their support forum. They have a walkthrough that's written in basic terms on how to do the portforwarding bit and how to check your ports after. Good luck.

Cheers to Jonny - I changed my port to 60700 and forwarded to that port, and it's been running at over 100kb/s on average ever since.

124866[/snapback]

Cheers to Jonny - I changed my port to 60700 and forwarded to that port, and it's been running at over 100kb/s on average ever since.

124989[/snapback]

:lol:

• 1 month later...

IVE CRACKED IT !

Genius tbh.

a combination of utorrent and fiddling with the port numbers solved it.

am currently downloading 8 entire live gigs

:nufc::D:D:D:(:D:D:(

i give up.

think i'll stick with limewire.

124086[/snapback]

Stick with Torrents Ive just downloaded the entire Sunlun match in 45 minutes

try utorrent ot bit comet

124102[/snapback]

Any idea where from? I've been searching for that but no luck no far. I usually use DC++ (fileshare) but have also bene googling for the torrent :nufc:

Bit Coment is the winner. Azureues is Java based and therefore crap.

If you have the latest SP2 installed you may need a patch to open up some more connections. The latest SP2 pack closes down certain ports and limits the DL.

Limeware is for n00bs.

Edited by wykikitoon

Ok, Im used to using DC++, this thing though Ive tried is baffling me. Bit Spirit. Right, its installed, I told it where I want to put things, I gave it your link and GO! ..... erm, go? hmmmm.....

BitSpirit already supplies that patch. :lol:

Just when you run the patch make sure you set the limit to 80.

143244[/snapback]

Might give Bitspirit a try, think i've heard a couple of other people reccomend it to me a while back. What limit is it i'd need to set to 80?

What seems to happen to me with Azureus is it starts at a phenomenal rate than towards the end slows down or stops all together. Try to stick to Limewire tbh

142981[/snapback]

Thats because each file is split up into little chunks, thousands of people have the first 200mb of a film, hundreds the first 400mb, and maybe ten have the full film. The further you get into a download the harder it is for you to find the remaining chunks of the torrent.

If people seeded to 200percent it would be fine but most people pack off as soon as they hit 100percent and so everyone else is still left looking for the last few pieces of the file.

Limewire is only good for single songs IMO. Im sick of downloading a film off there and ending up with something totally different. The torrents get rated so you know the quality before you download, you know how many people are seeding it, you know if its got a virus in etc. Plus you can download whole albums in 10minutes flat.

at least this is what my mate tells me :lol:

BitSpirit already supplies that patch. :lol:

Just when you run the patch make sure you set the limit to 80.

143244[/snapback]

Might give Bitspirit a try, think i've heard a couple of other people reccomend it to me a while back. What limit is it i'd need to set to 80?

143488[/snapback]

Right, here we go.

Assuming you've installed Bitspirit in this location: C:\Program Files\BitSpirit

Go into there, and double click BetterSP2.exe and change the limit to 80 and hit the apply button.

After you do that make sure you restart your computer.

Right now let's tweak the program abit eh?

If you need to port forward... make sure you go to options and then preferences in Bitspirit...then network options, now you see where it says default port for TCP listening? change that to ermm say 24187 now remember this.

When you port forward make sure this is the port you type down and make sure you forward it to your IP adress not someone else on the network.

Last thing...

If you have a pretty shite connection like 1MB or what ever, and you can't be arsed with people downloading stuff off you just simply go to options > preferences> job options

Now change the upload speed to 1 and the download speed to 99999999

That's it pretty much.

Also the best torrent sites are:

Torrentspy

Mininova

Newnova

Isohunt

Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Edited by menace13