[ LIVE ] Newcastle Vs. West Bromwich

Eran-s

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the game, and we did well but were lucky as West Brom were poor. I thought Moore and Bramble did really well together and the full backs did alright too. N'Zogbia IMO is too light weight for CM and wasnt involved enough, and the less said about Faye the better. Pattison looked promising, especially in the first half and Nobby did well too. Chopra unfortunately doesnt look good enough and Ameobi was poor although he took his goals well

Great to see Shearer get the thanks he deserves as well

Getting a slating on N-O for not playing Luque.

I also see people are saying Bramble was useless. Is that true?

126007[/snapback]

Jesus Wept; I'm mystified by that, what are they saying, exactly?

Getting a slating on N-O for not playing Luque.

I also see people are saying Bramble was useless. Is that true?

126007[/snapback]

Bramble played well, I just don't understand Luque warming up for 20 minutes non-stop and then Clark coming on without warming up at all! Surely 5-10 minutes wouldn't have done any harm, wasn't as if they were threatening us.

Have people's standards for Bramble suddenly risen a lot?

Tbf, I think people are realising he has potential to be much better than he has suggested with performances.

126061[/snapback]

Its always been obvious he has most of the attributes of a top defender, although unfortunately he lacks the most important one, good concentration. And bad concentration can make even otherwise world class defenders a liability.

West Brom were very poor. I was expecting they might have a bit more fight in them.

First half, we did OK, but we didn't have to hit Top Gear.

Second half wasn't all that great. They were bright for five or ten minutes after half time, but they didn't trouble us at all and we cruised through it.

Have people's standards for Bramble suddenly risen a lot?

Tbf, I think people are realising he has potential to be much better than he has suggested with performances.

126061[/snapback]

Its always been obvious he has most of the attributes of a top defender, although unfortunately he lacks the most important one, good concentration. And bad concentration can make even otherwise world class defenders a liability.

126089[/snapback]

In addition to that, he needs to play alongside a leader. You won't feel all that confident when you see him lining up alongside Jean-Alain "vice-captain according to Souness" Boumsong.