Escape To Victory

Gemmill

And originally Sly wanted it to end with him scoring the winner, but they said that wouldn't happen, or so the story goes.

Anyway whilst people may say its not saying much, its the second best footy film behind the excellent Shaolin Soccer, all the others i've seen are invariably shite!

Pele's revolutionary zig-zag tactics an'all.  Better than Mourinho.

131383[/snapback]

And i think the mackems would be quite keen to use the tactic of breaking their first choice keepers arm to get a replacement in!

And originally Sly wanted it to end with him scoring the winner, but they said that wouldn't happen, or so the story goes.

Anyway whilst people may say its not saying much, its the second best footy film behind the excellent Shaolin Soccer, all the others i've seen are invariably shite!

131384[/snapback]

Shaolin Soccer looks dreadful tbh. I was cringing at the trailer last week.

131384[/snapback]

131409[/snapback]

I got it on DVD at xmas. is it good? ive put off watching it for months cos it looks crap!

Shaolin Soccer is easily the best football movie ever. If you've seen kung fu hustle its not too dissimiliar to that in terms of style.

Guest alex

131384[/snapback]

Supposedly Sly fancied himself as a decent ‘keeper during the filming so he challenged Pele to a penalty shoot-out. Pele scored all his and saved all of Sly’s :blink:

131384[/snapback]

131409[/snapback]

I got it on DVD at xmas. is it good? ive put off watching it for months cos it looks crap!

131410[/snapback]

its superb but its a comedy kung fu film like kung fu hustle, dont expect much footy wise

Edited by luckypierre

Anyone attending the 5-a-side in the summer, Gemmill is now only a few lbs off being an exact ringer for Caine.

Incidentally, how was Von Steiner sposed to have "played for Germany in 1938"? He must have been 60 in 1940-odd when the film is set.

Anyone attending the 5-a-side in the summer, Gemmill is now only a few lbs off being an exact ringer for Caine.

Incidentally, how was Von Steiner sposed to have "played for Germany in 1938"? He must have been 60 in 1940-odd when the film is set.

131557[/snapback]

:blink:

Look like Caine, play like Pele.

Shaolin Soccer is fantastic, much better than Kung Fu Hustle I reckon.

A Shot At Glory is the best 'real' footie film - Ally McCoist playing an ex-Celtic legend ? Genius !

They didn't win! 'Escape' to victory my arse!

The England vs Germany legends (although does the guy who played Simon Wicks really count as a 'legend'?) match was great, despite the result.

Boris Johnson, now there's a legend.