Owen for number nine?

Tom

Owen for Number nine?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, Shola misses chances but in his defence at least he either a) makes the chance for himself or b ) gets into the right areas. Chopra, at PL level anyway, hasn't shown he can do any of that.

Save Shola!

Guest alex

I can't believe someone who is vehemently against Shola, i.e. MattM4, can stick up for Chopra at the same time. The lad is a million miles away from being good enough for the Premier League. He just hasn't got enough to his game. If you aren't quick or strong, which he isn't, you have to be an exceptional player in other respects and from what I've seen, that just isn't the case.

I don't think Chopra is technically that bad a player, but he won't score goals or be any threat to defence.

Which means in short, he is not a Premiership standard player.

137002[/snapback]

I also think that Chopra's build means that he has to be quick, cos he isn't going to outmuscle centre-halves. Unfortunately I think only Lee Clark and Luque are slower.

I can't believe someone who is vehemently against Shola, i.e. MattM4

I read that with so much pride!

by the way, I have a little gift to the Shola loving/hating campaign lined up for tonight :lol:

Guest alex
I can't believe someone who is vehemently against Shola, i.e. MattM4

I read that with so much pride!

by the way, I have a little gift to the Shola loving/hating campaign lined up for tonight :lol:

137432[/snapback]

Yeah, well done ;)

Don't agree. He has never been given a proper chance, so how people can decide he is absolutely shite I don't understand, on the other hand  Shola's ridiculous shiteness is well documented. But he has been given more than what he derserved in terms of a run in the side, and even he can's be total gash all the time.

Chops has looked very decent in the run in of this season, we don't have anything to lose in this respect, I want him as first choice replacement next season.

137000[/snapback]

But he doesn't even show glimpses of being a premiership standard player. At least Shola does.

If Ameobi left, and Chopra ended up playing every week, he'd become the new target for the boo boys.

137010[/snapback]

Can guarentee that, the boo boys always need somebody!

One thing that is a fact is that Chopra has never had the chances and runs in the team that Shola has to show whether he could improve and make it or not.

However when i watch him sadly i just do not think he will make it.

In his favour i think he's a pretty intelligent footballer, with good movement, enough pace and at reserve level at least an eye for goal. He also wins penalites :lol:

Against him is the fact he seems to be brushed aside from games like a child alot of the time. And you feel this will always be the case.

137057[/snapback]

Pace???

Guest alex

Chopra has no pace like. Runs about a lot but he isn't fast. I think he's a canny player though who'll do well and have a good career. Sadly though, not at NUFC or in the Premiership.