Video: The Great Shola Ameobi Compilation

MattM4

Can we have a compilation of Shearer from the past 3 seasons of him standing with hands on hips as the game passes him by? No? Ok then.  :lol:

It's like being at the match on here sometimes. Did I miss the press release when Shola told the NUFC fans he'd fucked their mam or something? He's an NUFC player who the CLUB signed as a yongster, who the CLUB pushed through the ranks, who 3 different managers have played. I don't believe he's ever picked himself. I'm sorry like, but I can't believe the hate directed at him when all he's guilty of is being an average footballer. God help the next target when he goes.

137796[/snapback]

Its not hate, its just the understanding that the bloke is shite !

137801[/snapback]

Whey we know he's shit, but he's our shit.

137802[/snapback]

are you taking pride in "our shit" ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have a compilation of Shearer from the past 3 seasons of him standing with hands on hips as the game passes him by? No? Ok then.  :lol:

It's like being at the match on here sometimes. Did I miss the press release when Shola told the NUFC fans he'd fucked their mam or something? He's an NUFC player who the CLUB signed as a yongster, who the CLUB pushed through the ranks, who 3 different managers have played. I don't believe he's ever picked himself. I'm sorry like, but I can't believe the hate directed at him when all he's guilty of is being an average footballer. God help the next target when he goes.

137796[/snapback]

137801[/snapback]

137802[/snapback]

137803[/snapback]

No, I'm just getting off his back and not getting personal about it. If he's getting picked then it's the managers fault, not Shola's.

137796[/snapback]

137801[/snapback]

137802[/snapback]

137803[/snapback]

No, I'm just getting off his back and not getting personal about it. If he's getting picked then it's the managers fault, not Shola's.

137804[/snapback]

Ageed, I don't blame him either, its just I can recognise a bad footballer when I see one but I don't feel the need to feel a sense of loyalty to him.

The only black and white shirt he is good enough to grace would be a Notts County one !

Ageed, I don't blame him either, its just I can recognise a bad footballer when I see one but I don't feel the need to feel a sense of loyalty to him.

The only black and white shirt he is good enough to grace would be a Notts County one !

137806[/snapback]

Hey, I know he's not good enough but there isn't really anything we can do about it. I'm not talking about singing his name and being delighted he's been picked, I'm talking about people at the match who slag him from the 1st to the 90th minute and can't bring themselves to praise him when he does do something decent (which he is capable of, only the problem is very rarely). You see people at the match who won't celebrate when he scores man, that's just wrong. :lol:

137806[/snapback]

Hey, I know he's not good enough but there isn't really anything we can do about it. I'm not talking about singing his name and being delighted he's been picked, I'm talking about people at the match who slag him from the 1st to the 90th minute and can't bring themselves to praise him when he does do something decent (which he is capable of, only the problem is very rarely). You see people at the match who won't celebrate when he scores man, that's just wrong. :lol:

137808[/snapback]

Very true !

Credit when credit is due !

However, with Shola, its not due very often !!

;)

Guest alex
Can we have a compilation of Shearer from the past 3 seasons of him standing with hands on hips as the game passes him by? No? Ok then.  ;)

137796[/snapback]

:lol:

Nice one

I actually don't hate Shola believe it or not... i'm sure he is a very nice person.

What I hate is the regime my friends, that constantly allows him to evolve in this club i hold so close to my heart, when he creates more negativity than anything else. There is always another option, that option is the no Shola way.

Guest alex

I disagree, this season he's been a better option than both Chopra and Luque imo. EDIT: And I think he's shit too.

Edited by alex

I agree with both Alex and SLP.

I know Matt has stated a few times how he has a list of about 10 players he would play up front before Shola, but the fact is like Alex has said Shola has offered us more up front than Luque and Chopra this season and with Owen having being out injured, Shola was probably our best option.

Fact is, we need to buy at least two top class strikers this season, to keep Ameobi and Chopra away from the first team. Can't see it happening though, so get used to the old donkey.

137806[/snapback]

137808[/snapback]

Agree 100%. Even when he scores people say 'well he was still shit'. With Shearer it's 'well that's what the striker is there to do'.

If he's crap, then God help the other strikers that he gets picked over, they must be appalling in training. Aye, he's frustrating and he doesn't really know what he's doing, but I also think, like a lot of the forwards here, he's intimidated by having the big lad here, winning all the plaudits.

Regardless of whether there are better or worse than Shola at the club or not, the bloke is simply way below the standard required inorder to take the club forward.

He's not alone, the same could be labeled at any of the other strikers at the club in my opinion, however the subject of this thread is Shola Ameobi hence the shit being ejected in his direction.

Guest alex
Including Shearer for about the last 3 seasons.

137871[/snapback]

Still top scorer in those seasons though.

137878[/snapback]

Whoop-de-whoo

Regardless of whether there are better or worse than Shola at the club or not, the bloke is simply way below the standard required inorder to take the club forward.

He's not alone, the same could be labeled at any of the other strikers at the club in my opinion, however the subject of this thread is Shola Ameobi hence the shit being ejected in his direction.

137870[/snapback]

Yeah, but it's always Shola though isn't it? Like SLP says, let's see the video of Shearer doing arse all except take penalties for the last two years.

Edited by luckyluke

137871[/snapback]

137878[/snapback]

Whoop-de-whoo

137880[/snapback]

Well, if you're going to change your strikers, better starting with the worst first I would have thought, meaning he would likely have still had a role, unless we had got rid of all the other strikers at the same time.

Anyway, don't forget that the deterioration of Shearer and virtually all our other players coincided with Bobby losing the plot (imo) and Souness.

137870[/snapback]

Yeah, but it's always Shola though isn't it? Like SLP says, let's see the video of Shearer doing arse all except take penalties for the last two years.

137882[/snapback]

Righto. :lol:

Guest alex

137871[/snapback]

137878[/snapback]

Whoop-de-whoo

137880[/snapback]

Well, if you're going to change your strikers, better starting with the worst first I would have thought, meaning he would likely have still had a role, unless we had got rid of all the other strikers at the same time.

Anyway, don't forget that the deterioration of Shearer and virtually all our other players coincided with Bobby losing the plot (imo) and Souness.

137886[/snapback]

Robson wanted to sell him before he 'lost the plot'. Also, I don't think he would have been happy taking a back seat. He only scored 17 league goals in the last two seasons which is a poor return compared to other strikers at 'lesser' clubs. That's less than a goal every three games. Not good enough for a number one striker in my view.

Personally, I'm not having a go at Shearer, I'm just having ago at the double standards that make one man a boo boy who can't do nowt right and another man untouchable who can't do nowt wrong.

Guest alex
Personally, I'm not having a go at Shearer, I'm just having ago at the double standards that make one man a boo boy who can't do nowt right and another man untouchable who can't do nowt wrong.

137892[/snapback]

Same with me really.