Video: The Great Shola Ameobi Compilation

MattM4

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have a compilation of Shearer from the past 3 seasons of him standing with hands on hips as the game passes him by? No? Ok then.  :razz:

It's like being at the match on here sometimes. Did I miss the press release when Shola told the NUFC fans he'd fucked their mam or something? He's an NUFC player who the CLUB signed as a yongster, who the CLUB pushed through the ranks, who 3 different managers have played. I don't believe he's ever picked himself. I'm sorry like, but I can't believe the hate directed at him when all he's guilty of is being an average footballer. God help the next target when he goes.

137796[/snapback]

:lol: Sad thing is if Shearer did it the club would erect a statue of his cock in honour of the momentous occasion.

I'd be happy to see Shola as 4th choice next season; partly because we need to spend in other areas, but also partly because I think he can do a job when needed.

I feel slight comfort in these comments:

Shola Ameobi's development has pleased Roeder tremendously, but the former West Ham boss is reluctant to put extra pressure on his young shoulders.

"I have great faith in Shola, but I need to find a striker who will score the amount of goals we need to be at the right end of the table," Roeder explained.

"We will do it. We will find a striker good enough, confident enough and special enough to wear the number nine shirt.

"It's a special shirt. It's tradition. It's important that we find the right striker.

"We have to find a player who can average 20 goals a season in The Premiership.

137759[/snapback]

He's 24 ffs and has been playing for us for six years! I can't stand this "he's a bright prospect" shit, he's had plenty of time to prove himself and hasn't convinced anyone of his ability.

I liked this section on Shola's nicknames from Wikipedia.

He has managed to earn himself cruel yet dignified nicknames amongst the Geordie faithful such as "Shola Imajokie", "Shola Amadonkey" and "Strolla Ameobi". However, he also has the nickname of 'The Fenham Eusebio' or 'The Fenham Pele'. More recently other nicknames have popped up such as: the twat, the lanky git, and please fuck off you incompetant fart.

I feel slight comfort in these comments:

Shola Ameobi's development has pleased Roeder tremendously, but the former West Ham boss is reluctant to put extra pressure on his young shoulders.

"I have great faith in Shola, but I need to find a striker who will score the amount of goals we need to be at the right end of the table," Roeder explained.

"We will do it. We will find a striker good enough, confident enough and special enough to wear the number nine shirt.

"It's a special shirt. It's tradition. It's important that we find the right striker.

"We have to find a player who can average 20 goals a season in The Premiership.

137759[/snapback]

He's 24 ffs and has been playing for us for six years! I can't stand this "he's a bright prospect" shit, he's had plenty of time to prove himself and hasn't convinced anyone of his ability.

138092[/snapback]

I think Roeder is, as usual, saying something very diplomatic so as not to offend. But if you take away the niceties it just translates too something like, "there's no fucking way that lumbering pillock is getting the number 9 shirt."

I think he should be given 1 more season to see if he can do it now Shearer has gone. I never thought that the two of them could play together up front so it'll be interesting to see if he can do it alongside someone else.