"I would punch Barnwell on the nose"

Bombadil

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether you agree with him or not, I would say Wullie is a thoughtful intelligent poster.

Trouble is Leazes, you think anyone who disagrees with you is clueless. Debating with you is becoming increasingly pointless.

139245[/snapback]

Whole-heartedly agree with everything you say there, apart from the bit in bold. Leazes has been a simpleton, not worth arguing with as long as I've been reading the forums, why do people persist? Genuine question, like.

i'd like to punch shepherd on the nose.

why?

because he's a fat twat and an embarrasment.

139052[/snapback]

Poor thing. Such sensitive people. Who would you replace him with that would guarantee us to catch the only 2 clubs we haven't caught up with since the Halls and Shepherd took over the club ?

139079[/snapback]

change the record for fucks sake

139227[/snapback]

change the record for fucks sake.

If you attempted to answer the question instead of avoiding it...that is if you understand it in the first place with it being too subtle for you I think

139240[/snapback]

what's the point? we've had this conversation at least ten times before

139241[/snapback]

but you still don't reply, why not ? Why don't you reply or change your record ?

Why do you think the club is shit then expect them to buy top players ? Why does it not occur to you only the best clubs buy top quality players ? Would you like to see the club replace Shepherd with a shit chairman with no ambition like ALL the other big city clubs that we have got ourselves above and stayed above in the last decade that were previously above us for decades ? Yes or no.

Believe me. THAT is 10 times more embarrassing and damn frustrating than someone coming out and saying daft harmless off the cuff comments in the press.

Edited by LeazesMag

Whether you agree with him or not, I would say Wullie is a thoughtful intelligent poster.

Trouble is Leazes, you think anyone who disagrees with you is clueless. Debating with you is becoming increasingly pointless.

139245[/snapback]

Whole-heartedly agree with everything you say there, apart from the bit in bold. Leazes has been a simpleton, not worth arguing with as long as I've been reading the forums, why do people persist? Genuine question, like.

139255[/snapback]

Boredom? ;):icon_lol:

139245[/snapback]

139255[/snapback]

139259[/snapback]

Odd. But I think debating anything with Renton is becoming increasingly pointless.

Odd too DB, I think you're a simpleton too, especially with your naive do gooder head on.

Odd. But I think debating anything with Renton is becoming increasingly pointless.

Odd too DB, I think you're a simpleton too, especially with your naive do gooder head on.

139262[/snapback]

Poor effort, Leazes. I see I'm in the fancy-Dan pigeon hole this morning.

Guest alex

139245[/snapback]

139255[/snapback]

139259[/snapback]

139262[/snapback]

Leazes man, I used to have time for you. We rarely agreed but we could debate, argue, get over it, have a laugh. Or at least that's how I saw it.

For the record, I don't think Shepherd is a shit chairman per se (a point I've made many times tbh) but I think he's made a tit of himself here. I bet you do too. You'd never admit it on here though would you? Shame really.

139245[/snapback]

139255[/snapback]

Boredom? :rolleyes:;)

139259[/snapback]

139262[/snapback]

:icon_lol:

You like your mindless insults like. Serious question Leazes - are you Freddy Shepherd?

i'd like to punch shepherd on the nose.

why?

because he's a fat twat and an embarrasment.

139052[/snapback]

Poor thing. Such sensitive people. Who would you replace him with that would guarantee us to catch the only 2 clubs we haven't caught up with since the Halls and Shepherd took over the club ?

139079[/snapback]

change the record for fucks sake

139227[/snapback]

change the record for fucks sake.

If you attempted to answer the question instead of avoiding it...that is if you understand it in the first place with it being too subtle for you I think

139240[/snapback]

what's the point? we've had this conversation at least ten times before

139241[/snapback]

but you still don't reply, why not ? Why don't you reply or change your record ?

Why do you think the club is shit then expect them to buy top players ? Why does it not occur to you only the best clubs buy top quality players ? Would you like to see the club replace Shepherd with a shit chairman with no ambition like ALL the other big city clubs that we have got ourselves above and stayed above in the last decade that were previously above us for decades ? Yes or no.

Believe me. THAT is 10 times more embarrassing and damn frustrating than someone coming out and saying daft harmless off the cuff comments in the press.

139257[/snapback]

er... i have. but just in case you missed it the last ten times:

shepherd is a tit.

i commend him for backing his managers financially but by the same rationale he deserves criticism when he continues to make such absurd statements.

his lack of professionalism for a premier league chairman is baffling and frankly the fact that you choose to defend it is even more baffling.

Guest alex

Name-dropping like but anyway. Was talking to Terry Butcher on me hols last year and he reckons Shepherd is the problem at NUFC. He might be talking shit but he's a former England international with lots of contacts in the game (not least Bobby Robson) and he still does a lot of work for the Beeb. Wouldn't be surprised at all if it's a common perception and it may explain why a top manager wasn't appointed this time or the last time the job was vacant.

Name-dropping like but anyway. Was talking to Terry Butcher on me hols last year and he reckons Shepherd is the problem at NUFC. He might be talking shit but he's a former England international with lots of contacts in the game (not least Bobby Robson) and he still does a lot of work for the Beeb. Wouldn't be surprised at all if it's a common perception and it may explain why a top manager wasn't appointed this time or the last time the job was vacant.

139277[/snapback]

Did he say anything about Douglas Hall?

Guest alex

139277[/snapback]

139278[/snapback]

I suppose you need to do something to gain a reputation. Good or bad.

139277[/snapback]

it's common knowledge tbh.

139277[/snapback]

139278[/snapback]

I suppose you need to do something to gain a reputation. Good or bad.

139280[/snapback]

Hall's done plenty to earn a reputation. :icon_lol:

This is exactly what I fear is the case - why else for instance did O'Neill turn us down? We should be a very attractive prospect but we are not for some reason. Leazes of course will be having none of it.....

Edited by Renton

139277[/snapback]

Possible.

But to counter this argument, both Portly Freddie and, what's more importantly, Anal Oliver (in Mag 201) have told us that we would be surprised at the people who applied for the job.

If the common perception is that Freddie is a 'problem chairman' then surely so many 'good' people would not have applied.

Then again, it was only Freddie and Anal who told us, so maybe their comments aren't to be taken that seriously???? Perish the thought :icon_lol:

Edited by snakehips

Guest alex

139277[/snapback]

Possible.

But to counter this argument, both Portly Freddie and, what's more importantly, Anal Oliver (in Mag 201) have told us that we would be surprised at the people who applied for the job.

If the common perception is that Freddie is a 'problem chairman' then surely so many 'good' people would not have applied.

Then again, it was only Freddie and Anal who told us, so maybe their comments aren't to be taken that seriously???? Persish the thought :icon_lol:

139349[/snapback]

Last time alone Souness was about the 6th choice or so wasn't he?

139262[/snapback]

Poor effort, Leazes. I see I'm in the fancy-Dan pigeon hole this morning.

139263[/snapback]

not an attempt at point scoring DB. Just a reply.

139277[/snapback]

Possible.

Then again, it was only Freddie and Anal who told us, so maybe their comments aren't to be taken that seriously???? Persish the thought :icon_lol:

139349[/snapback]

Last time alone Souness was about the 6th choice or so wasn't he?

139350[/snapback]

Oliver is like Grima Wormtongue, he will say whatever his master wants him to to make him look better. Does anyone seriously think we woulf have chosen Roeder if a better option was available? Now, if Roeder has a bad start to the season, which is well possible, what happens then? Shearer is well short of his license, but I suppose Shepherd will be threatening to beat up anyone who is against giving him special dispensation as well. ;)

139245[/snapback]

139255[/snapback]

139259[/snapback]

139262[/snapback]

Leazes man, I used to have time for you. We rarely agreed but we could debate, argue, get over it, have a laugh. Or at least that's how I saw it.

For the record, I don't think Shepherd is a shit chairman per se (a point I've made many times tbh) but I think he's made a tit of himself here. I bet you do too. You'd never admit it on here though would you? Shame really.

139264[/snapback]

Alex, he has made himself look a tit in some peoples eyes, but not in others. You know the same as me whatever he says or does he'll be damned whether its good or bad, by some people. My attitude is as it has always been [the same as Bellamy and Souness] so long as he runs the club well and the club is ambitious, I can take any daft comments with a pinch of salt. Exactly the same thing as I didn't give a toss what Bellamy said about Souness, because he did it when it mattered. People are people, nobody is perfect, and as I've said before....a chairman that runs the club well and says a daft thing now and again is better by far than a chairman who keeps a low profile but is shit at running the club. What would you rather have ? Its perfectly possible, and believe me, if we ended up with that , you wouldn't be happy at all. And I can say this, because I HAVE seen a shit board running the club.

I also think it is moronic and stupid to boo, anywhere, anytime, the actions of complete fuckwits. Doing it at a great players testimonial on live TV was one of the most embarrassing things I have ever witnessed as a Newcastle supporter. I never thought I would see the day when Newcastle supporters behaved like fuckwit manu fans, but a lot do nowadays. Now, this is my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I also think its pretty pathetic for people to not answer questions by people then harp on about them asking them again - wierd eh ?