Argentina v Mexico

Lazarus

Whatever happens with the result in this game now, I've got newfound respect for Mexico as a team. They've got some really good players and have given the Argentinians a hell of a fright. They might even put them out yet.

Ref definately has a case of big team/little team syndrome, wuite happy to book the Mexicans but refuses to book argentinians for same or worse fouls.

Very impressed with mexico, they have touch, skill and flair combined with a premiership kind of high tempo, workrate and last ditch tackling.

They've shown whatever happens people shouldn't have got obsessed with argentina as some unbeatable team of legends before we'd even got to the quarters, they're good but not invincible.

That said i think in extra time the mexicans will run out of energy and the argies will sneak a 2-1 win, probably with Heinze playing an important part in the match as he shouldn't be there!

What with Torres and Maxi Rodriguez, Athletico Madrid will be getting some serious offers this world cup !!

That Osorio looks a canny player for Mexico.  Where does he play his club football?

152998[/snapback]

marquez and salcido were the better players for me.

That Osorio looks a canny player for Mexico.  Where does he play his club football?

152998[/snapback]

153001[/snapback]

any of them will do tbh :( where do they play? :P

though upon reflection....why would any of them want to play for us? :icon_lol:

152998[/snapback]

153001[/snapback]

any of them will do tbh :( where do they play? :P

though upon reflection....why would any of them want to play for us? :icon_lol:

153003[/snapback]

marquez unfortunately is at barcelona. salcido plays for a mexican team called 'chivas' i think