£18.6m

Gemmill

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The annoying thing about this transfer is that it gives our biggest current rivals almost £20m to spend. I'd rather he'd stayed at Spurs, he's not that good.

167387[/snapback]

whats 20m when your backed by a bazillionaire?

167389[/snapback]

Are Spurs suddenly being bankrolled by someone like? I thought they were just running a tight ship, have no debt, and are starting to splash the cash a bit?

I suddenly fucking hate spurs.

Cockney Mackems.

167390[/snapback]

I reckon Spurs are probably the most hated club in the known Universe, bar none.

167393[/snapback]

Theyve not even got much to shout about.

Theyre not much better than villa in my book, 4000 times better at football but just as fucking bland.

Cockney Mackems.

167390[/snapback]

I reckon Spurs are probably the most hated club in the known Universe, bar none.

167393[/snapback]

Man Utd are far more hated ARS

The annoying thing about this transfer is that it gives our biggest current rivals almost £20m to spend. I'd rather he'd stayed at Spurs, he's not that good.

167387[/snapback]

167389[/snapback]

Are Spurs suddenly being bankrolled by someone like? I thought they were just running a tight ship, have no debt, and are starting to splash the cash a bit?

167395[/snapback]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Lewis_%28British%29

167387[/snapback]

167389[/snapback]

167395[/snapback]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Lewis_%28British%29

167400[/snapback]

That he lives in the Bahamas and is loaded would be reason enough to hate him. Bankrolling Spurs was his final mistake. :lol:

Cockney Mackems.

167390[/snapback]

167393[/snapback]

Man Utd are far more hated ARS

167399[/snapback]

I doubt it personally. Say what you like about ManU, but at least they aren't a mackem-type club. ManU are genuinely a huge club, unlike spurs who are unjustly venerated by the media, especially the beeb.

These days I probably dislike Spurs more than Man U, but only because I'm concerned at how much better they're becoming than us. :lol: In the grand scheme of things though, to most people Spurs are a non-entity.

These days I probably dislike Spurs more than Man U, but only because I'm concerned at how much better they're becoming than us. :lol:  In the grand scheme of things though, to most people Spurs are a non-entity.

167418[/snapback]

Thing is though, we suffered 2 years of Souness, only then could Spurs even consider being on par with us.

These days I probably dislike Spurs more than Man U, but only because I'm concerned at how much better they're becoming than us. :lol:  In the grand scheme of things though, to most people Spurs are a non-entity.

167418[/snapback]

Thing is though, we suffered 2 years of Souness, only then could Spurs even consider being on par with us.

167435[/snapback]

Their squad now is better than ours though. And they've got the money to kick on....

Maybe, one day, we may nuture some untapped talent and raw talent, only for one of the big four to splash out obscenely on him ...

**Cough-Charlie-Cough**

167361[/snapback]

I'd take an insane bid like that for Charlie Zog like. He's not worth it, but neither's Carrick. Imagine what we could do with £18.6m spare now though.

167365[/snapback]

Buy Marlon Harewood?

167367[/snapback]

You could by Hernan Crespo seven times over. :lol:

Parker for £6m or Carrick for £18.6m.

hhmmm let me think about that one.....

167332[/snapback]

Talksport were discussing the comparisons between Parker and Carrick at the weekend and were unanimous in saying that even on equal money, Parker is the better player!

3 times the amount?? FUCK-ING HELL!!!!

I think Carrick is a quality player, and we missed the boat when Bobby tried to sign him. Not worth that much though, but Spurs didn't want to sell him, and Man United desperately wanted him. It's not so much the value of the player, but the necessity to pay the money.

167351[/snapback]

No we missed the boat because one of ex-managers decided to disband the reserve team forcing the likes of Carrick to look elsewhere for his footballing future.

Kevin Keegan did wonders for this football club, but destroying the academy has had some degree of responsibility on the lack of talent coming through in recent years IMO!

For Man United to buy Carrick, according to the stock exchange announcement.  Absolutely crazy money and unfortunately it gives Spurs a nice little transfer kitty with a month of the transfer window to go. 

It might scupper any chance we have of getting Defoe as well if they were reluctantly selling him to drum up some cash.  Or if we do get him, it'll leave them with nigh on £30m to spend.  :lol:

167294[/snapback]

Shpursh are loaded anyway - cant remember the name of the bloke who backs them though

167352[/snapback]

Shame no one seems to want to sign for them though, eh? ;)

It is annoying though that when for the first time in many years, Spurs are actually a rival to us, (instead of the fantasy belief of their fans and cocnkey wankers in the media that they are) that manu go and hand them a shitload of money!

Thanks to Souness (and by prox Fat Fred) there are teams now level with us or even slightly ahead that shouldn't be close to us and we have a big job on our hands.

It is annoying though that when for the first time in many years, Spurs are actually a rival to us, (instead of the fantasy belief of their fans and cocnkey wankers in the media that they are) that manu go and hand them a shitload of money!

Thanks to Souness (and by prox Fat Fred) there are teams now level with us or even slightly ahead that shouldn't be close to us and we have a big job on our hands.

167488[/snapback]

The likes of Parker, Emre & Duff still preferred us to them, despite them having their best squad for decades.

Says a lot to me :lol:

167488[/snapback]

The likes of Parker, Emre & Duff still preferred us to them, despite them having their best squad for decades.

167492[/snapback]

I agree, even though Spurs fans will cry and whinge that its only because we pay more in wages, the fact remains that players will choose NUFC over alot of clubs. Because of the money yes, but also our size, the fans reputation, the fact that nearly every year for ages we are in europe etc. etc.

For Man United to buy Carrick, according to the stock exchange announcement.  Absolutely crazy money and unfortunately it gives Spurs a nice little transfer kitty with a month of the transfer window to go. 

It might scupper any chance we have of getting Defoe as well if they were reluctantly selling him to drum up some cash.  Or if we do get him, it'll leave them with nigh on £30m to spend.  :lol:

167294[/snapback]

Shpursh are loaded anyway - cant remember the name of the bloke who backs them though

167352[/snapback]

Shame no one seems to want to sign for them though, eh? ;)

167483[/snapback]

4 signings to 1 call you a liar tbh

167488[/snapback]

167492[/snapback]

I agree, even though Spurs fans will cry and whinge that its only because we pay more in wages, the fact remains that players will choose NUFC over alot of clubs. Because of the money yes, but also our size, the fans reputation, the fact that nearly every year for ages we are in europe etc. etc.

167498[/snapback]

But mainly because of the money. You're buying their bullshit as well Papa!

I have to say like, right now if I had the choice between Spurs and Newcastle, and had no affiliation to either club, and discounting wages, I would go straight for Spurs without hesitation. They seem to have a really professional set-up, they have the lure of London, they don't have as checkered a recent history of comedy manager sackings/signings etc. etc.

I think it's wages and not much more that's giving us an advantage in our transfer dealings tbph.

I have to say like, right now if I had the choice between Spurs and Newcastle, and had no affiliation to either club, and discounting wages, I would go straight for Spurs without hesitation.  They seem to have a really professional set-up, they have the lure of London, they don't have as checkered a recent history of comedy manager sackings/signings etc. etc. 

I think it's wages and not much more that's giving us an advantage in our transfer dealings tbph.

167509[/snapback]

Whats the lure of London?

Last time I checked, it was full of gangs, cunts, ignorant tossers, spurs fans, and it had the awful smell of scum about it.