Heading for desperation?

Isegrim

Fred's found a loophole in reality tbh.  Also the day he promised his wife he'd give up pies tbh.

168719[/snapback]

New low. Why have you forsaken me, Sima?

Fred's found a loophole in reality tbh.  Also the day he promised his wife he'd give up pies tbh.

168719[/snapback]

168721[/snapback]

I do that sometimes. You can definitely over-egg the tbh pudding if you don't watch yourself.

I do that sometimes.  You can definitely over-egg the tbh pudding if you don't watch yourself.

168722[/snapback]

Some cunts using it as his username on N-O, for fuck's sake! He doesn't say it much, though...

...............clunk......

Oh aye.....

See what ya mean. If we bought the player 05/06 or 06/07 it makes no odds. I imagine it just turns from being cash spent into an asset. So you have the same amount of money just in a different pot. (For all us non-abacus owners). Then as you say, depending on how they do depreciation, it would start to effect us maybe from next season. I cant see them depreciating over 10 years like. Maybe depends on how their year has been. Oooh, thinking numbers too much now.. Best stop.

Oh aye.....

See what ya mean.  If we bought the player 05/06 or 06/07 it makes no odds.  I imagine it just turns from being cash spent into an asset.  So you have the same amount of money just in a different pot.  (For all us non-abacus owners).  Then as you say, depending on how they do depreciation, it would start to effect us maybe from next season.  I cant see them depreciating over 10 years like.  Maybe depends on how their year has been.  Oooh, thinking numbers too much now.. Best stop.

168726[/snapback]

Aye, disregarding the whole change in years thing, the only thing that makes any sense financially for delaying is if we're taking on more debt and the subsequent impact on our ratios. Outside of that, there isn't a financial reason for delaying (apart from the we've got fuck all money to spend one).

If the financial year did end on 30/6 then even that's not relevant.

Oh aye.....

See what ya mean.  If we bought the player 05/06 or 06/07 it makes no odds.  I imagine it just turns from being cash spent into an asset.  So you have the same amount of money just in a different pot.  (For all us non-abacus owners).  Then as you say, depending on how they do depreciation, it would start to effect us maybe from next season.  I cant see them depreciating over 10 years like.  Maybe depends on how their year has been.  Oooh, thinking numbers too much now.. Best stop.

168726[/snapback]

Aye, disregarding the whole change in years thing, the only thing that makes any sense financially for delaying is if we're taking on more debt and the subsequent impact on our ratios. Outside of that, there isn't a financial reason for delaying (apart from the we've got fuck all money to spend one).

168727[/snapback]

UNLESS!

They're looking to release the financial statements without having made any big signings so they don't have to disclose them as subsequent events. But that's bollocks because it's not like it would be kept secret - it'll be all over the papers anyway.

Ah, who knows, I suspect the main reasons for the delay are not being able to attract the players we initially wanted AND poor planning in the first place by choosing to enter the market late in the window.

maybe we've signed a player-a-day for the last few weeks and are just waiting for the final day of the summer break before announcing an entirely new squad?

I reckon it's more likely we've been trying to sign players but have found stumbling blokcs in the form of fees, wages or convincing a player it's a good idea to join us?

/sensibleness

Oh aye.....

168726[/snapback]

168727[/snapback]

UNLESS!

They're looking to release the financial statements without having made any big signings so they don't have to disclose them as subsequent events. But that's bollocks because it's not like it would be kept secret - it'll be all over the papers anyway.

Ah, who knows, I suspect the main reasons for the delay are not being able to attract the players we initially wanted AND poor planning in the first place by choosing to enter the market late in the window.

168731[/snapback]

Whispering Peachy Accountancy at it's finest

I notice you knock about with those ruffians on Skunkers by the way, Toonpack.  A ghastly bunch! :lol:

168773[/snapback]

They have their moments, but at least I'm unlikely to get banned by an over-zealous pre-pubescent ;)

Anyway if you think Skunkers is bad you should have seen some of the right-wing Yankee Bible-zealots I was playing with last week

168719[/snapback]

168721[/snapback]

:lol:

I notice you knock about with those ruffians on Skunkers by the way, Toonpack.  A ghastly bunch! :lol:

168773[/snapback]

They have their moments, but at least I'm unlikely to get banned by an over-zealous pre-pubescent ;)

Anyway if you think Skunkers is bad you should have seen some of the right-wing Yankee Bible-zealots I was playing with last week

168775[/snapback]

I've never really posted on there. It always just seems like, as bad as this place is for inside jokes, that place is impenetrable because of them. Although I've never persevered with it.

168773[/snapback]

168775[/snapback]

I've never really posted on there. It always just seems like, as bad as this place is for inside jokes, that place is impenetrable because of them. Although I've never persevered with it.

168781[/snapback]

Yeah tend to agree but you just "go with the flow" and it can be good crack, is a bit cliquey (is that a word) not nearly as bad as this place though ;)

Surprisingly "mature" membership as well, even I'm quite young over there :blush: