Gravesen considers magpies option

Scottish Mag

Guest Patrokles
If we do get £2m+ for Faye, we should add that to the sum already waiting to be spent on a striker imo.

If we were to get Gravesen, who would make way is what I want to know??

171881[/snapback]

Emre.

171886[/snapback]

Parker and Gravesen in the middle of the park?? Hmmm, I think that Emre gives us quite a bit of class in the midfield. What we need is a frikkin good striker to make use of his, Duff's and Nobby's skill/passing abilities imo.

171914[/snapback]

They're totally different sorts of players though. There seems to be this myth that Gravesen is a defensive midfielder when he's nothing of the sort.

171917[/snapback]

Same could be said about Parker, to be fair.

171918[/snapback]

Aye but Parker can play there whereas Gravesen can't tackle to save his life.

171946[/snapback]

Not according to Alan Oliver's enduring image of him!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we do get £2m+ for Faye, we should add that to the sum already waiting to be spent on a striker imo.

171881[/snapback]

Emre.

171886[/snapback]

Parker and Gravesen in the middle of the park?? Hmmm, I think that Emre gives us quite a bit of class in the midfield. What we need is a frikkin good striker to make use of his, Duff's and Nobby's skill/passing abilities imo.

171914[/snapback]

They're totally different sorts of players though. There seems to be this myth that Gravesen is a defensive midfielder when he's nothing of the sort.

171917[/snapback]

Same could be said about Parker, to be fair.

171918[/snapback]

Aye but Parker can play there whereas Gravesen can't tackle to save his life.

171946[/snapback]

Not according to Alan Oliver's enduring image of him!

171950[/snapback]

Aye, some 'tackle' that was :unsure:

From what I've seen of him, Gravesen is a better version of Bowyer. Can drive the team forward, but simply because he can tackle doesn't mean he's a defensive midfielder. I wouldn't pay over the odds for him, but getting £2m for Faye and spending £3m on Gravesen sounds like a good deal.

I like his shiney head

it's like a bath-time fart bubble, beautifully bobbing on the surface, before popping and revealing a sumptious bouquet

I like his shiney head

it's like a bath-time fart bubble, beautifully bobbing on the surface, before popping and revealing a sumptious bouquet

172131[/snapback]

:unsure: Yes, thats exactly what it's like.

172152[/snapback]

Fish - you should be writing for the Guardian.

I like his shiney head

172131[/snapback]

With a little brown nugget of self accomplishment arising from the depths?

I like his shiney head

172131[/snapback]

With a little brown nugget of self accomplishment arising from the depths?

172249[/snapback]

... way to kill the buzz

muddy funkster!

171881[/snapback]

Emre.

171886[/snapback]

171914[/snapback]

I think it may be Nobby. He has been quality for us over the years and had some genius moments last year but he is starting to go missing for large periods of the game, especially away from St James'.

If we get Gravesen could it not be a five man midfield next year? Parker and Gravesen holding with Duff - Emre - N'zogbia (supporting our new 30 goal a seson striker :unsure: )

gravesen would be a good buy... but he's a driving playmaker not a sit and hold defensive midfielder.

if we were to have a 5 man midfield to support shola with gravesen i'd go with

butt --- holding role

parker --- box to box

gravesen --- playmaker

duff --- left wing

nobby --- right wing

Two goals in a friendly can work wonders for a player :unsure: No way I'd leave out N'Zog if we play five in midfield like.

172398[/snapback]

Has Zog signed that contract extention, or are we going to see him leaving at the end of the season??

Two goals in a friendly can work wonders for a player :unsure: No way I'd leave out N'Zog if we play five in midfield like.

172398[/snapback]

Has Zog signed that contract extention, or are we going to see him leaving at the end of the season??

172414[/snapback]

I thought he hadn't but my mate reckons he has. According to .com it has his contract duration as 06.2009 tbc. So, probably not as yet.

172398[/snapback]

172414[/snapback]

I agree. There is no way I would drop one of our best performers last year for the Butt.

I thought N'zogbia signed a new 4 year contract at the start of summer along with Shay...

Guest Psyrinix
N'Zogbia has signed the contract.

172808[/snapback]

Source?

172816[/snapback]

His imagination.

172838[/snapback]

So very wrong.

N'Zogbia has signed the contract.

172808[/snapback]

Source?

172816[/snapback]