Would if I could son but I'm not that way inclined and too old to change :D

Be 74 in December if nowt gans wrang afore that :D

Evita

SoM

Dancin' in the Rain

Holiday Inn

Springtime for Hitler

174810[/snapback]

I only saw the Sound of Music for the first time last year. Christopher Plummer singing Eidelweis actually did for me.

174827[/snapback]

It did for a lot of people kidda

Me auntie went EVERY week for 2+ years to watch it at the old Queens cinema off Northumberland St

Les Miserables is one of the most moving pieces of theatre I've ever seen. Also love Phantom and Evita. Sunday afternoons were meant for chilling out and an old film musical on the telly.

Les Miserables is one of the most moving pieces of theatre I've ever seen.  Also love Phantom and Evita.  Sunday afternoons were meant for chilling out and an old film musical on the telly.

176035[/snapback]

.......gay ;)

Les Miserables is one of the most moving pieces of theatre I've ever seen.  Also love Phantom and Evita.  Sunday afternoons were meant for chilling out and an old film musical on the telly.

176035[/snapback]

.......gay :)

176040[/snapback]

Oh be quiet. ;)

shouldn't you be pissing your pants and talking about the war or something?

176032[/snapback]

My plumbing is just fine, no leaks :)

Aye 74, owld enuff during the war te gan an' watch Stubbins ;)

How long have you been in the states then Noelie?

176116[/snapback]

47 years Dr. Ken.

Left Geordieland(in body but not in mind) when I was 26 after a few years in the Merchant Navy.

Try to get 'home' every 3 years, was back for 2 months in 2004 so I'm due next year all being well.

Inccidently, I'm an Englishman first, a Geordie second, and a Briton third, I have NOT become an American citizen. ;)

How long have you been in the states then Noelie?

176116[/snapback]

47 years Dr. Ken.

Left Geordieland(in body but not in mind) when I was 26 after a few years in the Merchant Navy.

Try to get 'home' every 3 years, was back for 2 months in 2004 so I'm due next year all being well.

Inccidently, I'm an Englishman first, a Geordie second, and a Briton third, I have NOT become an American citizen. ;)

176158[/snapback]

So was it an american girl that led you to sunny California? And have you retained your accent? I've visited Anaheim (Disneyland and watched the Rams play at 'the Big A'), must be a nice place to live.

176158[/snapback]

So was it an american girl that led you to sunny California? And have you retained your accent? I've visited Anaheim (Disneyland and watched the Rams play at 'the Big A'), must be a nice place to live.

176164[/snapback]

NO, married a London girl(BIG mistake) before I immigrated. Got rid of her and married a lass from Derbyshire, I'm moving furher north. ;)

Of course the Rams have left the Big 'A', there isn't an NFL team in the Los Angeles area, nearest one is in San Diego.

Some say I have lost my Geordie accent, some say I haven't, but the Yanks all recognize I don't talk quite like them. :)

Of course the Rams have left the Big 'A', there isn't an NFL team in the Los Angeles area, nearest one is in San Diego.

Some say I have lost my Geordie accent, some say I haven't, but the Yanks all recognize I don't talk quite like them. ;)

176197[/snapback]

Amazing that there isn't an NFL 'franchise' between SanDiego and Oakland.

Is the Big A still there? I know the Angels have changed names about 3 times in the 20 years since I was there

176197[/snapback]

Is the Big A still there? I know the Angels have changed names about 3 times in the 20 years since I was there

176220[/snapback]

YES, it's still there and the 'Angels' still play there, in fact a couple of years ago they won the so-called 'World Series' for the first time. They were owned by Gene Autry the singing cowboy/movie star but sadly he had died when they finally won summat.

They have changed their name on occasion but it has always contained 'Angels'. At the moment they are called the 'Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim', all to do with the new owner and marketing.

is it because you pronounce it Colour and not color, through and not thru and leisure and not leisure

176207[/snapback]

O U R a one Mr. Fish, but maybe it's because I say culler ;)

still ... 74

my mam had her aunt round today and the old dear is 79 about a lively as a sea lettuce in the Gobi...

A strong gust of wind would halve her shoe shopping budget if you know what I mean?

if you are 74 then I raise my glass to you

if you're not and are on a wind up then I raise my glass cos you had me

still ... 74

my mam had her aunt round today and the old dear is 79 about a lively as a sea lettuce in the Gobi........Never been to the Gobi so can't visualize how lively a sea lettuce might be. ;)

A strong gust of wind would halve her shoe shopping budget if you know what I mean?..........Explane, I don't know what you mean. :)

if you are 74 then I raise my glass to you......Raise yer glass lad :P

if you're not and are on a wind up then I raise my glass cos you had me.......I'm afraid ye canna raise yer glass agyen, as much as I would relish the thought of getting you hooked Mr. Fish, I am fast approaching 74. :(

176231[/snapback]

I think it's class that we've got a 74 year old on the board.  Dunno why like, but it is. ;)

176258[/snapback]

Well thank-you kindly Mr. Gemmill, comments like that just set my pacemaker a-racing, ye knaa like :)

I think it's class that we've got a 74 year old on the board.  Dunno why like, but it is. :(

176258[/snapback]

Well thank-you kindly Mr. Gemmill, comments like that just set my pacemaker a-racing, ye knaa like :P

176266[/snapback]

hurray for Noelie.....maybe you can keep some of these young whippersnappers in line... :);)

176035[/snapback]

saw the new Evita in Landahn a couple of weeks back - very good

Eleanor Rodger is tinny and not a classic star - but being Argentinain show her a balcony an, a uniform and a crowd and WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!