Murray beats Federer

Sima

Fantastic result. He is now the highest ranked teenager in the world and in the top 20. Testa Mora is seething.

179510[/snapback]

Have you read the thread on NO? He's getting very little credit from her. It was all down to Federer playing rubbish. <_<

The lad seems to have that determination that Henman lacked imo.

179522[/snapback]

Bit unfair I reckon. McEnroe (who knows his stuff) wrote a piece where he said no one could say Henman was a failure because he made the most of his talents. I just think Murray has more talent.

Edited by alex

179522[/snapback]

Bit unfair I reckon. McEnroe (who knows his stuff) wrote a piece where he said no one could say Henman was a failure because he made the most of his talents. I just think Murray has more talent.

179530[/snapback]

Do you think? I just think he's got more of a mean streak in him that when the chips are down, he'll fight back. I actually thought Henman had a lot of talent and a canny bit to his game, but lacked power and a bit of heart sometimes.

179522[/snapback]

179530[/snapback]

Do you think? I just think he's got more of a mean streak in him that when the chips are down, he'll fight back. I actually thought Henman had a lot of talent and a canny bit to his game, but lacked power and a bit of heart sometimes.

179536[/snapback]

He was obviously talented but I think his point was that Henman did well in Grand Slams (especially Wimbledon) and was a top 10 player for a few years even though he didn't have a weapon like a big serve or whatever. Hard to find a better volleyer though.

I just thought Henman never looked like a winner.  Murray does, in the same way Hewitt does.  He looks a battler.

179539[/snapback]

he might, but when I sing his praises I forget he's an anti English twat

I just thought Henman never looked like a winner.  Murray does, in the same way Hewitt does.  He looks a battler.

179539[/snapback]

179543[/snapback]

He's a proud Scotsman. Nowt wrong with that. I don't really care what he thinks about England - most English-Scottish stuff can be put down to friendly banter, but a lot of times I think there's justification in any contempt the Scots may have for the English.

179539[/snapback]

Aye, I that's what I'm kind of trying to say.

179540[/snapback]

Maybe but Henman isn't particularly emotional on court which doesn't help in terms of that perception either. A lot of it is bottle though I suppose, especially when it comes to big points. Murray probably edges him there already.

I wish Henman would reconsider playing Davis Cup for a final couple of years. Britain would have an excellent team if the top 3 were fit.

179539[/snapback]

179543[/snapback]

He's a proud Scotsman. Nowt wrong with that. I don't really care what he thinks about England - most English-Scottish stuff can be put down to friendly banter, but a lot of times I think there's justification in any contempt the Scots may have for the English.

179546[/snapback]

Well, as my wifey is Scottish I can vouch for the fact that some is, but also some isn't when I lived up there and met her I did come across a couple of arseholes.

<_<

179539[/snapback]

179543[/snapback]

179546[/snapback]

Well, as my wifey is Scottish I can vouch for the fact that some is, but also some isn't when I lived up there and met her I did come across a couple of arseholes.

<_<

179553[/snapback]

Last line warrants an oo-er missus.

179539[/snapback]

179543[/snapback]

179546[/snapback]

<_<

179553[/snapback]

Last line warrants an oo-er missus.

179554[/snapback]

watch it or I'll bash yer heed with a haggis

Ladies, just so you know....Kuyt to Liverpool is now on the Liverpool official site, complete with quotes from him and the Feyenoord chairman.

<_<

179568[/snapback]

What's that got to do with tennis like? :nufc:

Ladies, just so you know....Kuyt to Liverpool is now on the Liverpool official site, complete with quotes from him and the Feyenoord chairman.

<_<

179568[/snapback]

The made up quotes said he was coming here though :nufc:

<_<

179568[/snapback]

What's that got to do with tennis like? :nufc:

179571[/snapback]

This thread was a hive of activity so I thought I'd break it here. <_<

The battle for the title of dullest tennis player in the world is won by Murray then.

180057[/snapback]

I don't think either of them are dull to watch.