Boumsong now juve player

daveytait176

makes you wonder if martins is going to be the next alan shearer or another albert luque

183119[/snapback]

No it doesn't. ;)

183122[/snapback]

well going on our record of recent transfer outgoings, i'm going to predict that we'll sell martins in a couple of transfer windows time for about £3.5m and the majority of this board will be relieved we were able to get his wages off the books.

woodgate aside, does anyone remember when the last time was that we did a good bit of business?

183127[/snapback]

Damien Duff , not a very hard question

183130[/snapback]

agreed but i was talking about outgoings...

Guest Patrokles
makes you wonder if martins is going to be the next alan shearer or another albert luque

183119[/snapback]

No it doesn't. ;)

183122[/snapback]

well going on our record of recent transfer outgoings, i'm going to predict that we'll sell martins in a couple of transfer windows time for about £3.5m and the majority of this board will be relieved we were able to get his wages off the books.

woodgate aside, does anyone remember when the last time was that we did a good bit of business?

183127[/snapback]

183130[/snapback]

183139[/snapback]

Jenas.

Wonder if he'll bad mouth the toon

183203[/snapback]

People at the club seem to think quite a bit of him as a bloke and a professional so maybe he'll be above all that, i hope so anyway.

Its obvious to all what the problems were. Firstly Souness being bereft of a brain paid way over the odds for the player saddling him with a fee he'd never live up to. And secondly Boom was just not suited to playing our defence in the prem and once his confidence went and the fans lost patience it was downhill all the way.

He might do alright with Juve and i hope he does as it may help us get more money longterm from the deal

183119[/snapback]

No it doesn't. ;)

183122[/snapback]

183127[/snapback]

183130[/snapback]

183139[/snapback]

Jenas.

183207[/snapback]

That was a good one!

And since Faye is barely a footballer, the fee we got for him was another good bit of work.

Best for both parties (Boumsong & toon) really.

Shame, he was a flop overall, as he didn't start out badly at all.  :pray:

183157[/snapback]

He started fairly badly in that he was ripped apart by a non-league striker.

Glad to get some cash in for him to be honest, and I think he will prove himself to be not to bad a defender in the Italian league where he might get a bit more time to compose himself. He did say he wanted to play alongside Thuram, well he's ended up being his replacement (or is he the new Cannavaro ;):blush: )

Events - 22 Aug 2006 - 7:12 PM

Boumsong joins Juventus

Jean-Alain Boumsong joins Juventus. The agreement with Newcastle envisages the payment by Juventus of 4,8 million euros in three instalments. The French defender has signed with Juventus a 4-year contract.

Born in Douala, Cameroon, on 14th December 1979, Jean-Alain Boumsong, began his career at Le Havre AC, before moving to Auxerre in 2000, Rangers in 2004, and Newcastle united in 2005. Blessed with great pace, Boumsong is a central defender in the classic mould - tall, strong, and physical in the challenge – but also poses a real threat at set pieces with his aerial prowess. He has made 20 caps for the French national side and has established himself as one of Europe’s top centre halves over the last few years with his commanding performances for both club and country.

Deschamps: “He’s a true, pure-bred defender with great physical qualities. He has good experience, having played for the French national side, and offers the security we are looking for in defence. He will give us something extra at the back.”

Source: http://www.juventus.com/

;)