PATHETIC

Noelie

Luque's touch is mostly shite tbh. Of late at least. And although Shola has done well of late, I don't see him as the answer in terms of our staring XI so comparing him favourably to Shola doesn't really cut the mustard for me. Although I wouldn't compare him favourably to Shola, who looks a much better bet at present.

184898[/snapback]

:blink: Can't really argue with that, seeing as I use that argument all the time! I'm saying I'd take someone's hand off for 5m, and get rid, but we've a week until the window closes and Luque, Oba, Shola to pick from.

Using first touch as an example, all I'm really saying, is that Luque was suffering from confidence and effort problems, now it's just confidence, in the right position, alongside Oba, he might make a better partner than Shola, who suffers from a talent problem.

I like Shola, I really want him to make it, but this pre-season I saw too many things I couldn't dismiss, I agree he's ahead of Luque in the pecking order at the moment, but only just.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luque's touch is mostly shite tbh. Of late at least. And although Shola has done well of late, I don't see him as the answer in terms of our staring XI so comparing him favourably to Shola doesn't really cut the mustard for me. Although I wouldn't compare him favourably to Shola, who looks a much better bet at present.

184898[/snapback]

:blink: Can't really argue with that, seeing as I use that argument all the time! I'm saying I'd take someone's hand off for 5m, and get rid, but we've a week until the window closes and Luque, Oba, Shola to pick from.

Using first touch as an example, all I'm really saying, is that Luque was suffering from confidence and effort problems, now it's just confidence, in the right position, alongside Oba, he might make a better partner than Shola, who suffers from a talent problem.

I like Shola, I really want him to make it, but this pre-season I saw too many things I couldn't dismiss, I agree he's ahead of Luque in the pecking order at the moment, but only just.

184918[/snapback]

Luque is still suffering from effort problems, you mong! Do I have to slap your hands and face to get this through to you?! :lol:

On the evidence I've seen of Luque in a Newcastle shirt, Shola is the more talented player. I know Luque was supposed to be class at Depor, but going on what I've seen, I would have to say Shola beats him hands down. Maybe more talented is wrong, but more effective definitely.

Shola's still putting the ball 10 yards ahead of him with his first touch on a regular basis.  We're in a desperate position for strikers, Luque has maybe a 20% chance of success, might be a bit harsh on Shola, but his chances are not much better.

I'm interested to know how much better people are rating his chances?

184888[/snapback]

If he maintains current form, he's all but made it already - there are definitely better players out there, and I'd love to have them here, but I'm no longer going into matches thinking "Shit, Shola's up front". Shola offers something to the team nowadays. He's finally worked out that he's a big lad and can boss defenders and his touch is improving, as is his finishing. His confidence is sky high as well which is helping.

Not sure how you can compare Shola and Luque and say they have a similar chance of success tbh. I'd put Luque's at around 5%. Shola already is a marginal success. Luque is an unmitigated failure.

184906[/snapback]

Check my avatar tbh :lol:

184911[/snapback]

:blink:

Do you reckon or is it tongue in cheek. If he maintains this form I can see him maybe getting a call-up to the squad for a friendly. I'm not for a minute suggesting he's international class, but if Andy Johnson and the like can get call-ups........

184917[/snapback]

One day mate, one day :blush:

Shola's still putting the ball 10 yards ahead of him with his first touch on a regular basis.  We're in a desperate position for strikers, Luque has maybe a 20% chance of success, might be a bit harsh on Shola, but his chances are not much better.

I'm interested to know how much better people are rating his chances?

184888[/snapback]

If he maintains current form, he's all but made it already - there are definitely better players out there, and I'd love to have them here, but I'm no longer going into matches thinking "Shit, Shola's up front". Shola offers something to the team nowadays. He's finally worked out that he's a big lad and can boss defenders and his touch is improving, as is his finishing. His confidence is sky high as well which is helping.

Not sure how you can compare Shola and Luque and say they have a similar chance of success tbh. I'd put Luque's at around 5%. Shola already is a marginal success. Luque is an unmitigated failure.

184906[/snapback]

Agreed, Luque is a hapless shower of shite and I hope we have finally learned it is pointless bringing spaniards here, no matter how fantastic they appear in their home league. They are bottlers on the world stage and bottlers at the toon. Get him off the wage books and get someone like Nugent in on half his wage for fuck's sake.

I have given him every chance and am now I'm tired of hearing all this out of position crap. He's lost his touch and lost the ability to find the net. Next!

Luque is still suffering from effort problems, you mong!  Do I have to slap your hands and face to get this through to you?!  :blink:

On the evidence I've seen of Luque in a Newcastle shirt, Shola is the more talented player.  I know Luque was supposed to be class at Depor, but going on what I've seen, I would have to say Shola beats him hands down.  Maybe more talented is wrong, but more effective definitely.

184923[/snapback]

He's trying.

Luque is still suffering from effort problems, you mong!  Do I have to slap your hands and face to get this through to you?!  :blink:

On the evidence I've seen of Luque in a Newcastle shirt, Shola is the more talented player.  I know Luque was supposed to be class at Depor, but going on what I've seen, I would have to say Shola beats him hands down.  Maybe more talented is wrong, but more effective definitely.

184923[/snapback]

He's trying.

184936[/snapback]

He certainly is.

Luque is still suffering from effort problems, you mong!  Do I have to slap your hands and face to get this through to you?!  :lol:

184923[/snapback]

He's trying.

184936[/snapback]

Very trying :blink:

Luque is still suffering from effort problems, you mong!  Do I have to slap your hands and face to get this through to you?!  :lol:

184923[/snapback]

He's trying.

184936[/snapback]

He certainly is.

184943[/snapback]

:blink:

:blush:

I have mixed feelings about Luque's performance last night. We were crying out for a lone poacher striker last night and we played Luque, who not nor has he ever been. We had a couple of chances last night where a real poacher would have been sniffing around the rebounds etc.

Luque is not a Fowler or an Owen and we suffered for that last night. However, I also think there is some truth in what the N-O post actually said.

Granted, I watched the match at home on CH5, but I can remember 3 chances Duff had in which he should have passed to an un-marked Luque: two of which Duff turned to Luque and apologised to him for going for the glory shot.

I'm not going to critise Duff much like 'cos he was class all night and he wasn't the only one who went for the glory shot instead of passing to Luque. Carr's 30 yarder was the same for example.

I think the lad's seriously suffering from a confidence problem and can't read our game yet. Duff played a lovely ball across the box in the second half to the far post. Problem was, Luque had made a lovely run, slipping his marker to the near post. Communication problem there, but he was trying.

I agree Luque has been a massive dissappointment here so far, but we're not likely to sell him next week and put ourselves back to 2 strikers again. So whilst he's here we need to work on him and help build his confidence. He's shown he not a crap player by how well he played at Depor, but he's not adapted here yet.

With Owen out, and Shola with a dodgey hip, we are going to need him this season. He had a poor game last night when he could have shone, but to be fair, he played mostly on his own last night (for 2/3 of the match Milner was trying to be a winger) and I've given Shola the benefit of the doubt recently when we've played him up front on his own. It's a hard job and granted, Shola has at least scored on that role.

Luque needs time, which is probably something we have little of (and he's already been here a while) as Shola is bound to get injured with his hip.

I have mixed feelings about Luque's performance last night. We were crying out for a lone poacher striker last night and we played Luque, who not nor has he ever been. We had a couple of chances last night where a real poacher would have been sniffing around the rebounds etc.

Luque is not a Fowler or an Owen and we suffered for that last night. However, I also think there is some truth in what the N-O post actually said.

Granted, I watched the match at home on CH5, but I can remember 3 chances Duff had in which he should have passed to an un-marked Luque: two of which Duff turned to Luque and apologised to him for going for the glory shot.

I'm not going to critise Duff much like 'cos he was class all night and he wasn't the only one who went for the glory shot instead of passing to Luque. Carr's 30 yarder was the same for example.

I think the lad's seriously suffering from a confidence problem and can't read our game yet. Duff played a lovely ball across the box in the second half to the far post. Problem was, Luque had made a lovely run, slipping his marker to the near post. Communication problem there, but he was trying.

I agree Luque has been a massive dissappointment here so far, but we're not likely to sell him next week and put ourselves back to 2 strikers again. So whilst he's here we need to work on him and help build his confidence. He's shown he not a crap player by how well he played at Depor, but he's not adapted here yet.

With Owen out, and Shola with a dodgey hip, we are going to need him this season. He had a poor game last night when he could have shone, but to be fair, he played mostly on his own last night (for 2/3 of the match Milner was trying to be a winger) and I've given Shola the benefit of the doubt recently when we've played him up front on his own. It's a hard job and granted, Shola has at least scored on that role.

Luque needs time, which is probably something we have little of (and he's already been here a while) as Shola is bound to get injured with his hip.

184962[/snapback]

Not the worst post in the world tbh

Our numbers are growing. :lol:

Aimaad will lead us to the promised land.

184979[/snapback]

Woah man! I'm not a blind closet Luque-lover, I'm just trying to look at things objectively.

Luque went missing quite a bit last night and at times, was not doing the job he should have been doing. It might not be his best position, but you should do the best job you can in the position you are asked to play in. Luque was guilty of not doing that last night - at least not for the full 90.

Gol - I'm not sure how to take your 'not the worst post' comment? :blink:

Our numbers are growing. :lol:

184979[/snapback]

Woah man! I'm not a blind closet Luque-lover, I'm just trying to look at things objectively.

Luque went missing quite a bit last night and at times, was not doing the job he should have been doing. It might not be his best position, but you should do the best job you can in the position you are asked to play in. Luque was guilty of not doing that last night - at least not for the full 90.

185018[/snapback]

Well it was a good post. I would have been more positive, but I'm a bit scared of Gemmill and Alex.

184923[/snapback]

He's trying.

184936[/snapback]

204742rke.jpg

tbh. :lol:

Our numbers are growing. :blink:

184979[/snapback]

185018[/snapback]

And you think I am?

Look up. :blink::blush:

185037[/snapback]

:lol:

My football opinions are usually pretty sensible, I'm not talking out me arse, you know! You, on the other hand, seem to be having a psychotic episode this pre-season. :blush:

Our numbers are growing. :blush:

184979[/snapback]

185018[/snapback]

Well it was a good post. I would have been more positive, but I'm a bit scared of Gemmill and Alex.

185032[/snapback]

Us two mongs? You are joking aren't you? :lol:

Our numbers are growing. :blush:

184979[/snapback]

185018[/snapback]

185032[/snapback]

Us two mongs? You are joking aren't you? :lol:

185044[/snapback]

Speak for yourself, he has every reason to fear me. :blush:

Our numbers are growing. :razz:

184979[/snapback]

Gol - I'm not sure how to take your 'not the worst post' comment? :lol:

185018[/snapback]

185032[/snapback]

Us two mongs? You are joking aren't you? :blush:

185044[/snapback]

Speak for yourself, he has every reason to fear me. :blush:

185051[/snapback]

:blink: Yeah, woteva

Look up. :blink::blush:

185037[/snapback]

:lol:

My football opinions are usually pretty sensible, I'm not talking out me arse, you know! You, on the other hand, seem to be having a psychotic episode this pre-season. :razz:

185042[/snapback]

It's like when you scared aimaad off, his spirit passed into you or something. :blush:

It's like when you scared aimaad off, his spirit passed into you or something. :blink:

185053[/snapback]

I'm carrying on his work out of guilt for what I did to him tbh.

Not quite sure what happened, I don't suffer fools gladly, but I've been making an effort to be more patient; he was talking that much shit I think I just snapped and took it all out on him. :lol:

You wanna be careful I don't do the same to you with this Luque rubbish. :blink:

185070[/snapback]

You'd need brass balls tbh.

I am the God of hellfire and I bring you...LOGIC.