Should Newcastle United

LeazesMag

Freddy's the problem at this club. Does anyone really think we'd be in this position if we had a competent chairman who had the balls to pick a big name manager? Freddy picked Roeder because he was the cheap, easy option and allowed him to meddle in first team affairs like he did to Robson and a lesser extent Souness.

190676[/snapback]

:nufc:<_<:(

2nd biggest joke in the thread.

So Dalglish, Gullit, Robson and even fuckwit himself weren't "big name" managers ?

And how many managers can you name me who match Dalglish's track record ?

Fookin hilarious .......

190693[/snapback]

Aha, Leazes displays another superpower that's got him far in this thread. Reading stuff out of context.

When I say appoint a big name manager I wasn't talking about 1997, you tit. I was talking about April/May 2005 when apparently big names from all over the world were climbing over each other to get the job and we plumped for the man with a less than satisfying track record. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for Roeder getting us out of the shit last year but Carver beat Blackburn 3-0 when Robson left which was probably our most convincing win that year, Freddy didn't go on and appoint him did he?

Freddy didn't appoint Roeder because of his talent, he appointed Pigeon Heed because he's a puppet and he knows he's lucky to have the Newcastle job.

190707[/snapback]

You should make yourself clearer then you stupid wanker ;)

If Shearer is indeed lined up to be the next manager, this is all a "long term plan" isn't it .... so I hope you and other tossers like you see this, as its what you keep going on about so much.

On the other hand, there ARE still 86 other clubs who haven't done as well as us in the last decade. Fact.

What do you think of the purpose of this thread ? Would it take us to buy every single player in the world, regardless of our finacial position for wankers like you not to criticise the board at NUFC for everything beginning with the weather outside ??

;):angry:

190827[/snapback]

I thought I was clear, I bet everyone else who read it thought it was clear enough aswell.

The fact of the matter is this 'long term' plan is going to be a complete and utter failure if we don't start rebuilding now. We can't wait for Shearer, completely inexperienced, to come in and clear everything up now can we? Why didn't we appoint a fairly big name manager, allow Shearer to build himself up at a lower division side and then when the time's right we can bring him in?

A decade ago today we were one of the top two clubs in England and had a very real chance of winning something in the foreseeable future. Now we're on a downward spiral and the man to blame is Fat Fred.

I'm not even going to argue with your last paragraph. What point are you trying to make? Every player in the world? Are you going senile?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leazes being a tad blinkered for a change. :nufc: Look at where we needed strengthening, i.e. defence. Campbell was available and willing to come apparently. Bridge may have been had we acted sooner. Sorin has gone to Hamburg for not very much, Trabelsi has gone to Man City on a pay as you play deal. That's just off the top of my head. We could have potentially gotten 3 of those 4 for around the £3million mark.

189894[/snapback]

Can't see where I am being blinkered, in fact I think the majority of people on here who seem either oblivious to the financial position of the club - through a lack of intelligence or just because they are deluded enough to think we can just spend what we like - are the blinkered ones. And for what its worth, as a squad player for a small fee Sibierski is alright - bearing in mind again our budget - whereas my main worry is Martins because if he flops, that is another 10m quid down the plug, and this is the type of signing who has created the position that we are in now ie Luque, Boumsong, and many others before those over previous years.

190617[/snapback]

Nobody is oblivious to the financial position of the club. Nobody is saying we only spent £15m, why not more. What we're saying is, why not spend the £15m more prudently? That's a question Freddy Shepherd should be asking too. But prudent spending robs him of his Hollywood signings and requires him to actually put some hard graft in helping his manager to establish a transfer plan. Why do that when you can fly by the seat of your pants and then just say "One thing you can't level at us is that we're boring." He actually thinks that this is an asset of ours ffs!?

190624[/snapback]

Ok Gem, we'll go and buy 7 x 2m pound players, and see where that gets you, if you dont' want "hollywood" signings .... plenty of those over at the SOS mate.

190675[/snapback]

Sorin, Campbell, Trabelsi, Roberts - that's £2.5m for ya.

Leazes, seeing that we're the 5th best club in the country, would anything less than 5th this season be seen as a failure of Freddie, or of Roeder?

190692[/snapback]

Wouldn't touch Campbell. Jason Roberts for 2.5m ? I don't think so. Anyway, I think I have stated that I believe the club's main problem was up front, and has been addressed. Of course, if shithead Luque had justified his fee, it wouldn't have been so important.

Time to let some clueless fookwits on here to agree with each other I think .....

190699[/snapback]

So if Martins doesn't work out who will you blame. When a company underperforms year on year you must look at the top management of that company and that is FFS.

You right about there being at least one clueless fookwits on here though. Although I have only seen one.

190709[/snapback]

Who will I blame ?

What a stupid question. The manager of course, who would you blame ?

You still don't understand the concept of the manager being responsible for his own players do you

190832[/snapback]

You still don't understand the concept of the chairman being responsible for his own managers do you

190836[/snapback]

eerrr...yes I do. I have never defended the board for appointing Souness. All boards make crap appointments.

If you think Dalglish, Robson and Gullit were not considered to be top appointments at the time, please explain the criteria you apply when assessing and apppointing managers.

190841[/snapback]

Believe it or not, Luque was one of the hottest players in Europe at the time. The only reason they sold him to us is because they didn't want to sell him to Barca or Real, who both made offers for him.

You can't see how you're being slightly hypocritical about this? Souness made a mistake in signing Luque, in the same way that the board made a mistake in appointing Souness (who at the time was just about to be sacked by a club who certainly aren't one of the top 5 in the country).

190845[/snapback]

I am not being hypocritical at all about anything.

I said from day 1 I hate Souness and would never have brought him to Newcastle in a million years.

I said he shuold have been sacked when he took bellamy off against Charlton.

I said he should have been sacked for assaulting his player on the training ground.

I said Craig Bellamy was far more valuable, and far more committed to Newcastle United, at the time, than Souness would ever be.

I always said the board were wrong to appoint him - how could I say otherwise ?

I always said Boumsong and Luque were a waste of money

Nowt hypocritial or ironic in any of that.

Leazes being a tad blinkered for a change. :nufc: Look at where we needed strengthening, i.e. defence. Campbell was available and willing to come apparently. Bridge may have been had we acted sooner. Sorin has gone to Hamburg for not very much, Trabelsi has gone to Man City on a pay as you play deal. That's just off the top of my head. We could have potentially gotten 3 of those 4 for around the £3million mark.

189894[/snapback]

Can't see where I am being blinkered, in fact I think the majority of people on here who seem either oblivious to the financial position of the club - through a lack of intelligence or just because they are deluded enough to think we can just spend what we like - are the blinkered ones. And for what its worth, as a squad player for a small fee Sibierski is alright - bearing in mind again our budget - whereas my main worry is Martins because if he flops, that is another 10m quid down the plug, and this is the type of signing who has created the position that we are in now ie Luque, Boumsong, and many others before those over previous years.

190617[/snapback]

Nobody is oblivious to the financial position of the club. Nobody is saying we only spent £15m, why not more. What we're saying is, why not spend the £15m more prudently? That's a question Freddy Shepherd should be asking too. But prudent spending robs him of his Hollywood signings and requires him to actually put some hard graft in helping his manager to establish a transfer plan. Why do that when you can fly by the seat of your pants and then just say "One thing you can't level at us is that we're boring." He actually thinks that this is an asset of ours ffs!?

190624[/snapback]

Ok Gem, we'll go and buy 7 x 2m pound players, and see where that gets you, if you dont' want "hollywood" signings .... plenty of those over at the SOS mate.

190675[/snapback]

Leazes, seeing that we're the 5th best club in the country, would anything less than 5th this season be seen as a failure of Freddie, or of Roeder?

190692[/snapback]

Wouldn't touch Campbell. Jason Roberts for 2.5m ? I don't think so. Anyway, I think I have stated that I believe the club's main problem was up front, and has been addressed. Of course, if shithead Luque had justified his fee, it wouldn't have been so important.

Time to let some clueless fookwits on here to agree with each other I think .....

190699[/snapback]

So if Martins doesn't work out who will you blame. When a company underperforms year on year you must look at the top management of that company and that is FFS.

You right about there being at least one clueless fookwits on here though. Although I have only seen one.

190709[/snapback]

Who will I blame ?

You still don't understand the concept of the manager being responsible for his own players do you

190832[/snapback]

You still don't understand the concept of the chairman being responsible for his own managers do you

190836[/snapback]

eerrr...yes I do. I have never defended the board for appointing Souness. All boards make crap appointments.

If you think Dalglish, Robson and Gullit were not considered to be top appointments at the time, please explain the criteria you apply when assessing and apppointing managers.

190841[/snapback]

Believe it or not, Luque was one of the hottest players in Europe at the time. The only reason they sold him to us is because they didn't want to sell him to Barca or Real, who both made offers for him.

You can't see how you're being slightly hypocritical about this? Souness made a mistake in signing Luque, in the same way that the board made a mistake in appointing Souness (who at the time was just about to be sacked by a club who certainly aren't one of the top 5 in the country).

190845[/snapback]

I said from day 1 I hate Souness and would never have brought him to Newcastle in a million years.

I said he should have been sacked for assaulting his player on the training ground.

I said Craig Bellamy was far more valuable, and far more committed to Newcastle United, at the time, than Souness would ever be.

190862[/snapback]

to be fair you said Luque was a waste of momey before you saw him, so keen is your observation.

There is just no getting through that thick skull is there.  Now I remember why I don't get involved in arguments with LM. <_<

190878[/snapback]

Two points to remember for you there then Gemmill. Bet you still do though :nufc:

189894[/snapback]

190617[/snapback]

190624[/snapback]

190675[/snapback]

190692[/snapback]

190699[/snapback]

190709[/snapback]

Who will I blame ?

190832[/snapback]

190836[/snapback]

190841[/snapback]

190845[/snapback]

190862[/snapback]

So i take it you agree that this should never happened and assault is a sackable offence?

If so, the incident would never have had the opportunity to occur, would it?

Cant have it both ways Leazes.

Freddy's the problem at this club. Does anyone really think we'd be in this position if we had a competent chairman who had the balls to pick a big name manager? Freddy picked Roeder because he was the cheap, easy option and allowed him to meddle in first team affairs like he did to Robson and a lesser extent Souness.

190676[/snapback]

So Dalglish, Gullit, Robson and even fuckwit himself weren't "big name" managers ?

Fookin hilarious .......

190693[/snapback]

Aha, Leazes displays another superpower that's got him far in this thread. Reading stuff out of context.

When I say appoint a big name manager I wasn't talking about 1997, you tit. I was talking about April/May 2005 when apparently big names from all over the world were climbing over each other to get the job and we plumped for the man with a less than satisfying track record. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for Roeder getting us out of the shit last year but Carver beat Blackburn 3-0 when Robson left which was probably our most convincing win that year, Freddy didn't go on and appoint him did he?

Freddy didn't appoint Roeder because of his talent, he appointed Pigeon Heed because he's a puppet and he knows he's lucky to have the Newcastle job.

190707[/snapback]

If Shearer is indeed lined up to be the next manager, this is all a "long term plan" isn't it .... so I hope you and other tossers like you see this, as its what you keep going on about so much.

On the other hand, there ARE still 86 other clubs who haven't done as well as us in the last decade. Fact.

What do you think of the purpose of this thread ? Would it take us to buy every single player in the world, regardless of our finacial position for wankers like you not to criticise the board at NUFC for everything beginning with the weather outside ??

190827[/snapback]

I thought I was clear, I bet everyone else who read it thought it was clear enough aswell.

The fact of the matter is this 'long term' plan is going to be a complete and utter failure if we don't start rebuilding now. We can't wait for Shearer, completely inexperienced, to come in and clear everything up now can we? Why didn't we appoint a fairly big name manager, allow Shearer to build himself up at a lower division side and then when the time's right we can bring him in?

A decade ago today we were one of the top two clubs in England and had a very real chance of winning something in the foreseeable future. Now we're on a downward spiral and the man to blame is Fat Fred.

I'm not even going to argue with your last paragraph. What point are you trying to make? Every player in the world? Are you going senile?

190848[/snapback]

How do you propose we start "re-building".

Splash more big money on "trophy signings" that we might have, and increase the clubs debts and worsen the financial situation ? Good start that like.

I am not going senile, but you are certainly suffering from either a sense of humour failure or lack of a brain if you can't see a [deserved] piss take.

189894[/snapback]

190617[/snapback]

190624[/snapback]

190675[/snapback]

190692[/snapback]

190699[/snapback]

190709[/snapback]

Who will I blame ?

190832[/snapback]

190836[/snapback]

190841[/snapback]

190845[/snapback]

190862[/snapback]

So i take it you agree that this should never happened and assault is a sackable offence?

190902[/snapback]

Errrr....as I have ALWAYS said he should have been sacked, I fail to see your point, nor do I see what you mean by "wanting it both ways". The only thing I wanted was to get rid of the cunt who sold our best player and put himself above the club. As I said at the beginning.

What's the consensus on N-O? Is HTT planning a mass uprising with banners, German flags with the words 'Freddy Out' painted on and beach towels?

190751[/snapback]

and you are ?

190838[/snapback]

are you shy ?

You won't blame a board for bringing in big name managers who fail, but you'll blame a manager for bringing in big name players who also fail?

That's not hypocritical?

190866[/snapback]

Bump for LM

190921[/snapback]

There are reasons why Dalglish and Gullit "failed", which were their own responsibility. They have both praised the board and admitted they were given every support they could have wanted. Do you purposely ignore this ?

And - just think on FA Cup Final day - twice - under these managers, 90 other sets of supporters would have swapped places with us, yet you call it "failure".

The ironic thing - is Martin O'Neill has never reached an FA Cup Final, yet is deemed to be a "big manager".

190676[/snapback]

Fookin hilarious .......

190693[/snapback]

190707[/snapback]

190827[/snapback]

190848[/snapback]

How do you propose we start "re-building".

Splash more big money on "trophy signings" that we might have, and increase the clubs debts and worsen the financial situation ? Good start that like.

I am not going senile, but you are certainly suffering from either a sense of humour failure or lack of a brain if you can't see a [deserved] piss take.

190916[/snapback]

bump for Ted Maul, whoever he is, if he isn't another of sheargols usernames .... :angry:

189894[/snapback]

190617[/snapback]

190624[/snapback]

190675[/snapback]

190692[/snapback]

190699[/snapback]

190709[/snapback]

Who will I blame ?

190832[/snapback]

190836[/snapback]

190841[/snapback]

190845[/snapback]

190862[/snapback]

190902[/snapback]

Errrr....as I have ALWAYS said he should have been sacked, I fail to see your point, nor do I see what you mean by "wanting it both ways". The only thing I wanted was to get rid of the cunt who sold our best player and put himself above the club. As I said at the beginning.

190919[/snapback]

HE should have been sacked for assault.

I will join up the dots for you....

If assualt is sackable as an offence surely Bellamy was guilty of that and thus shouldnt have been at the club anyway? No?

You won't blame a board for bringing in big name managers who fail, but you'll blame a manager for bringing in big name players who also fail?

That's not hypocritical?

190866[/snapback]

Bump for LM

190921[/snapback]

There are reasons why Dalglish and Gullit "failed", which were their own responsibility. They have both praised the board and admitted they were given every support they could have wanted. Do you purposely ignore this ?

And - just think on FA Cup Final day - twice - under these managers, 90 other sets of supporters would have swapped places with us, yet you call it "failure".

The ironic thing - is Martin O'Neill has never reached an FA Cup Final, yet is deemed to be a "big manager".

190922[/snapback]

Answer the question fuckwit :nufc:

That's not hypocritical?

190866[/snapback]

Bump for LM

190921[/snapback]

190922[/snapback]

That's not hypocritical?

190866[/snapback]

Bump for LM

190921[/snapback]

190922[/snapback]

Cloughy never won it and people think he was too :nufc:

That's not hypocritical?

190866[/snapback]

Bump for LM

190921[/snapback]

190922[/snapback]

190930[/snapback]

Cloughie assaulted fans though, so he'd have to have been sacked!

Just so we dont get too many quotes...

Leazes, you say that Souness should have been sacked for thumping Bellamy. Correct?

Surely Bellamy wouldnt have been at the club to thump if we use your criteria?

Assualt on other members of management isnt acceptable in any form either is it?

Agreed?

Who was it who put the player code of conduct together and put him on a final warning? Freddie Shepherd!

Edited by gram

Leazes, you say that Souness should have been sacked for thumping Bellamy. Correct?

Assualt on other members of management isnt acceptable in any form either is it?

Agreed?

Who was it who put the player code of conduct together and put him on a final warning? Freddie Shepherd!

190933[/snapback]

Have you posted on the boards under another name? In case you're not familiar with Leazes, he's impervious to logic; invincible. Just when you think you've beaten him, it turns out he's just beaten you, backwards.

That's not hypocritical?

190866[/snapback]

Bump for LM

190921[/snapback]

190922[/snapback]

190929[/snapback]

I've answered all your questions, you don't answer mine so fuck off yourself yer daft cunt

That's not hypocritical?

190866[/snapback]

Bump for LM

190921[/snapback]

190922[/snapback]

190930[/snapback]

the only trophy O'Neill has won is the League Cup.

Do you remember Clough ? Did you see his teams ?

And I mean his teams that won the title ?

Edited by LeazesMag

That's not hypocritical?

190866[/snapback]

Bump for LM

190921[/snapback]

190922[/snapback]

190929[/snapback]

I've answered all your questions, you don't answer mine so fuck off yourself yer daft cunt

190945[/snapback]

Did I tell you to fuck off like?

What would you like me to answer?

Agreed?

190933[/snapback]

Name me the chairman of Newcastle who have presided over better league positions ? How many ?

So far as I am concerned, Craig Bellamy could have attacked Souness with a rusty pickaxe, and in fact he should have hit him back with one

If you refer to the incident with Carver, you should explain yourself clearly, if you have a brain that is.

Carver himself brushed it off, so why should you be bothered ? Clearly he had the club more at heart than his own ego, unlike Souness. Are you defending Souness ? And who are you ?