Should Newcastle United

LeazesMag

Leazes being a tad blinkered for a change. :nufc: Look at where we needed strengthening, i.e. defence. Campbell was available and willing to come apparently. Bridge may have been had we acted sooner. Sorin has gone to Hamburg for not very much, Trabelsi has gone to Man City on a pay as you play deal. That's just off the top of my head. We could have potentially gotten 3 of those 4 for around the £3million mark.

189894[/snapback]

Can't see where I am being blinkered, in fact I think the majority of people on here who seem either oblivious to the financial position of the club - through a lack of intelligence or just because they are deluded enough to think we can just spend what we like - are the blinkered ones. And for what its worth, as a squad player for a small fee Sibierski is alright - bearing in mind again our budget - whereas my main worry is Martins because if he flops, that is another 10m quid down the plug, and this is the type of signing who has created the position that we are in now ie Luque, Boumsong, and many others before those over previous years.

190617[/snapback]

Nobody is oblivious to the financial position of the club. Nobody is saying we only spent £15m, why not more. What we're saying is, why not spend the £15m more prudently? That's a question Freddy Shepherd should be asking too. But prudent spending robs him of his Hollywood signings and requires him to actually put some hard graft in helping his manager to establish a transfer plan. Why do that when you can fly by the seat of your pants and then just say "One thing you can't level at us is that we're boring." He actually thinks that this is an asset of ours ffs!?

190624[/snapback]

Ok Gem, we'll go and buy 7 x 2m pound players, and see where that gets you, if you dont' want "hollywood" signings .... plenty of those over at the SOS mate.

190675[/snapback]

Sorin, Campbell, Trabelsi, Roberts - that's £2.5m for ya.

Leazes, seeing that we're the 5th best club in the country, would anything less than 5th this season be seen as a failure of Freddie, or of Roeder?

190692[/snapback]

Souness surely?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shouildn't believe shit rumours. Lesson one.

190667[/snapback]

Your the biggest purveyor of 'shit rumours' going when they support your argument. You can't have it both ways.

190672[/snapback]

name them

190688[/snapback]

Are you saying you never used any rumours about Bellamy/Souness run-ins on here? Have a word man :nufc:

I'm willing to agree with Gemmill's theory that we did a 'ring-around' last night to see who was available.

No-one is gonna convince me that Sibierski was one of the targets Glenn was in 'pole-position' for

189822[/snapback]

possibly not, but with a smalll squad, and having already shelled out 15-16m quid.

Thats the point. We knew, or should have done, that the Souness legacy was this, or at least some of us said so. We would be better off if Bellamy and Robert were still here, agreed ? And considering he wanted them out so desperately we got 4m quid for the 2 of them, who can possibly defend THAT ?

189826[/snapback]

You do understand the Chairmen has to OK all sales right. Souness didn't do it behind the fat ones back.

189832[/snapback]

you do understand that chairman are supposed to allow their managers to run the playing side of the club, right ? So, if he DID veto any transfers on playing grounds, which appears to be what you are indicating you want, you would have a lot to say wouldn't you ?

Seriously, I have my doubts, it seems the vast amount of people on here don't seem to understand this ..... nor the financial state of the club, mostly brought about by the last manager, despite it being as clear as the glass in front of your face.

190603[/snapback]

In any business it is commonplace for the head of the business to have final say on major investments. In some cases that investment is their idea. In others not.

Responsible management dictates that this has to happen.

Responsible chairmen also employ responsible and well qualified staff. That is their duty, not only to the business but to the shareholders.

He has failed on both counts.

I accept he needs to give managers the ability to decide but he has gone into this issue far too recklessly and it is absolutely nobodies fault bit his own that the 'bottomless pit' is no more.

190614[/snapback]

He hasn't failed. We have been the 5th top club in the country over the past decade, and appeared regularly in europe, filling the ground, and buying major international players.

There are 86 clubs who have done worse than us, including one 12 miles down the road. Since this board took over this club in 1992 they have picked it up and established it back to one of the top clubs in the country. Fact.

I'm not interested in stupid skyboy type views.

190671[/snapback]

Again the since 1992 crap. FFS took over in 1997 and has presided over the worst of the since 1992 times.

Honestly LM the more you go on the bigger joke you become.

Leazes being a tad blinkered for a change. :nufc: Look at where we needed strengthening, i.e. defence. Campbell was available and willing to come apparently. Bridge may have been had we acted sooner. Sorin has gone to Hamburg for not very much, Trabelsi has gone to Man City on a pay as you play deal. That's just off the top of my head. We could have potentially gotten 3 of those 4 for around the £3million mark.

189894[/snapback]

Can't see where I am being blinkered, in fact I think the majority of people on here who seem either oblivious to the financial position of the club - through a lack of intelligence or just because they are deluded enough to think we can just spend what we like - are the blinkered ones. And for what its worth, as a squad player for a small fee Sibierski is alright - bearing in mind again our budget - whereas my main worry is Martins because if he flops, that is another 10m quid down the plug, and this is the type of signing who has created the position that we are in now ie Luque, Boumsong, and many others before those over previous years.

190617[/snapback]

Nobody is oblivious to the financial position of the club. Nobody is saying we only spent £15m, why not more. What we're saying is, why not spend the £15m more prudently? That's a question Freddy Shepherd should be asking too. But prudent spending robs him of his Hollywood signings and requires him to actually put some hard graft in helping his manager to establish a transfer plan. Why do that when you can fly by the seat of your pants and then just say "One thing you can't level at us is that we're boring." He actually thinks that this is an asset of ours ffs!?

190624[/snapback]

Ok Gem, we'll go and buy 7 x 2m pound players, and see where that gets you, if you dont' want "hollywood" signings .... plenty of those over at the SOS mate.

190675[/snapback]

7 decent players for £15m is not impossible you know. Look what Redknapp's done at Portsmouth. If we'd bought 7 players this window, we could have gone in for a couple of big names next summer with a solid basis of a squad to work on. All we do under Shepherd is make a big summer signing which then flops. We take a massive writedown on them and sell them at a huge loss. Rinse. Repeat.

And you point to the amount he's provided and say he's backed his manager. Aye, he's backed his manager with cash, but that's all. He's provided nothing in the way of guidance, advice or a business structure. There's more to his job than financing signings you know? Do you think that's all Dein does at Arsenal?

189894[/snapback]

190617[/snapback]

190624[/snapback]

190675[/snapback]

Leazes, seeing that we're the 5th best club in the country, would anything less than 5th this season be seen as a failure of Freddie, or of Roeder?

190692[/snapback]

Wouldn't touch Campbell. Jason Roberts for 2.5m ? I don't think so. Anyway, I think I have stated that I believe the club's main problem was up front, and has been addressed. Of course, if shithead Luque had justified his fee, it wouldn't have been so important.

Time to let some clueless fookwits on here to agree with each other I think .....

Freddy's the problem at this club. Does anyone really think we'd be in this position if we had a competent chairman who had the balls to pick a big name manager? Freddy picked Roeder because he was the cheap, easy option and allowed him to meddle in first team affairs like he did to Robson and a lesser extent Souness.

190676[/snapback]

:nufc:<_<:(

2nd biggest joke in the thread.

So Dalglish, Gullit, Robson and even fuckwit himself weren't "big name" managers ?

And how many managers can you name me who match Dalglish's track record ?

Fookin hilarious .......

190693[/snapback]

Aha, Leazes displays another superpower that's got him far in this thread. Reading stuff out of context.

When I say appoint a big name manager I wasn't talking about 1997, you tit. I was talking about April/May 2005 when apparently big names from all over the world were climbing over each other to get the job and we plumped for the man with a less than satisfying track record. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for Roeder getting us out of the shit last year but Carver beat Blackburn 3-0 when Robson left which was probably our most convincing win that year, Freddy didn't go on and appoint him did he?

Freddy didn't appoint Roeder because of his talent, he appointed Pigeon Heed because he's a puppet and he knows he's lucky to have the Newcastle job.

189894[/snapback]

190617[/snapback]

190624[/snapback]

190675[/snapback]

190692[/snapback]

Wouldn't touch Campbell. Jason Roberts for 2.5m ? I don't think so. Anyway, I think I have stated that I believe the club's main problem was up front, and has been addressed. Of course, if shithead Luque had justified his fee, it wouldn't have been so important.

Time to let some clueless fookwits on here to agree with each other I think .....

190699[/snapback]

So if Martins doesn't work out who will you blame. When a company underperforms year on year you must look at the top management of that company and that is FFS.

You right about there being at least one clueless fookwits on here though. Although I have only seen one.

I'm willing to agree with Gemmill's theory that we did a 'ring-around' last night to see who was available.

No-one is gonna convince me that Sibierski was one of the targets Glenn was in 'pole-position' for

189822[/snapback]

possibly not, but with a smalll squad, and having already shelled out 15-16m quid.

Thats the point. We knew, or should have done, that the Souness legacy was this, or at least some of us said so. We would be better off if Bellamy and Robert were still here, agreed ? And considering he wanted them out so desperately we got 4m quid for the 2 of them, who can possibly defend THAT ?

189826[/snapback]

You do understand the Chairmen has to OK all sales right. Souness didn't do it behind the fat ones back.

189832[/snapback]

you do understand that chairman are supposed to allow their managers to run the playing side of the club, right ? So, if he DID veto any transfers on playing grounds, which appears to be what you are indicating you want, you would have a lot to say wouldn't you ?

Seriously, I have my doubts, it seems the vast amount of people on here don't seem to understand this ..... nor the financial state of the club, mostly brought about by the last manager, despite it being as clear as the glass in front of your face.

190603[/snapback]

In any business it is commonplace for the head of the business to have final say on major investments. In some cases that investment is their idea. In others not.

Responsible chairmen also employ responsible and well qualified staff. That is their duty, not only to the business but to the shareholders.

I accept he needs to give managers the ability to decide but he has gone into this issue far too recklessly and it is absolutely nobodies fault bit his own that the 'bottomless pit' is no more.

190614[/snapback]

He hasn't failed. We have been the 5th top club in the country over the past decade, and appeared regularly in europe, filling the ground, and buying major international players.

There are 86 clubs who have done worse than us, including one 12 miles down the road. Since this board took over this club in 1992 they have picked it up and established it back to one of the top clubs in the country. Fact.

190671[/snapback]

Read it again please. His responsibility is to emply decent people. So now you are saying Souness wasnt a failure and telling Bobby he had one year left wasnt crass management precipitating the shit we are in now?

Liverpool were as badly off as us but took decisive action.

He had the chance ot address that earlier in the year and failed.

Freddie didnt take decisive action at all other than in telling Bobby he could piss off and if that isnt mismanagement I dont know what is.

Freddy's the problem at this club. Does anyone really think we'd be in this position if we had a competent chairman who had the balls to pick a big name manager? Freddy picked Roeder because he was the cheap, easy option and allowed him to meddle in first team affairs like he did to Robson and a lesser extent Souness.

190676[/snapback]

So Dalglish, Gullit, Robson and even fuckwit himself weren't "big name" managers ?

Fookin hilarious .......

190693[/snapback]

Aha, Leazes displays another superpower that's got him far in this thread. Reading stuff out of context.

When I say appoint a big name manager I wasn't talking about 1997, you tit. I was talking about April/May 2005 when apparently big names from all over the world were climbing over each other to get the job and we plumped for the man with a less than satisfying track record. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for Roeder getting us out of the shit last year but Carver beat Blackburn 3-0 when Robson left which was probably our most convincing win that year, Freddy didn't go on and appoint him did he?

Freddy didn't appoint Roeder because of his talent, he appointed Pigeon Heed because he's a puppet and he knows he's lucky to have the Newcastle job.

190707[/snapback]

We didn't even appraoch Hiddink or Van Basten both quoted widely about wanting to get back into club football.

190676[/snapback]

Fookin hilarious .......

190693[/snapback]

190707[/snapback]

We didn't even appraoch Hiddink or Van Basten both quoted widely about wanting to get back into club football.

190714[/snapback]

Exactly, which makes it even more of a joke. Hiddink is possibly the best club manager in the world at this moment and would've probably taken on this job if offered but Freddy knew he'd have to shut up about his Geordie nation and keep his nose out of footballing side of things.

189894[/snapback]

190617[/snapback]

190624[/snapback]

190675[/snapback]

190692[/snapback]

190699[/snapback]

Miss the fucking important question then!

So it's Luque's fault, rather than Souness' for signing him?

189822[/snapback]

189826[/snapback]

189832[/snapback]

190603[/snapback]

190614[/snapback]

190671[/snapback]

Interesting fact that, and one you keep repeating.

I ask you this though...and I have absolutely no knowledge of who the top five are (though I assume no1 is Manure)...I bet all of the other top four teams have won something in that time. And I'll bet the sixth top club has won something an all. Whoever they might be.

That statistic alone is the one that those other top clubs measure themselves by.

189822[/snapback]

189826[/snapback]

189832[/snapback]

190603[/snapback]

190614[/snapback]

190671[/snapback]

Read it again please. His responsibility is to emply decent people. So now you are saying Souness wasnt a failure and telling Bobby he had one year left wasnt crass management precipitating the shit we are in now?

Freddie didnt take decisive action at all other than in telling Bobby he could piss off and if that isnt mismanagement I dont know what is.

190712[/snapback]

This is what i've always said and is the perfect yarstick by which to judge Fat Fred. Us and Pool were practically identical in terms of league position, performance over recent seasons, and swap Gerard from there to here and we'd have been safely ahead of them...

Their chairman did his job, sacked a manager (who'd won more than ours) at the right time and scoured europe for a world class coach and gave him a pre season to work with and they're now leagues ahead of us.

Our chairman kept a manager who was now past it, then hamstrung him with his moronic comment in the press, then sacked him with no backup plan. Then made the worst appointment i think i've ever seen, including paying Blackburn for a manager they were about to sack. Then kept this dick on after a season of abject shite, then kept him on again when he started shite, then gave him milions to waste, then sacked him with wait for it...no back up plan!

Anyone who looks at Pool and us now and doesn't blame Fat Fred is Fat Fred!

189822[/snapback]

189826[/snapback]

189832[/snapback]

190603[/snapback]

190614[/snapback]

190671[/snapback]

190712[/snapback]

This is what i've always said and is the perfect yarstick by which to judge Fat Fred. Us and Pool were practically identical in terms of league position, performance over recent seasons, and swap Gerard from there to here and we'd have been safely ahead of them...

Their chairman did his job, sacked a manager (who'd won more than ours) at the right time and scoured europe for a world class coach and gave him a pre season to work with and they're now leagues ahead of us.

Our chairman kept a manager who was now past it, then hamstrung him with his moronic comment in the press, then sacked him with no backup plan. Then made the worst appointment i think i've ever seen, including paying Blackburn for a manager they were about to sack. Then kept this dick on after a season of abject shite, then kept him on again when he started shite, then gave him milions to waste, then sacked him with wait for it...no back up plan!

190737[/snapback]

The Liverpool comparison is by far the best one imo. We've had almost the same amount of cash as them to spend.

The 5th best thing - whether it's a myth or not, when you consider our actual premier league finishes, the swings from 13th to 3rd to 13th to 4th and all that is only further evidence that we are a rudderless mess. As has been mentioned, the 4 clubs above us in that have won things, but not only that, they have been consistent in their top 4 finishes for the most part - certainly none have finished outside of the top 6. That we have is evidence of how far behind those clubs we are because of Shepherd's failure to even think up, never mind implement anything in the way of a medium or long-term plan.

189822[/snapback]

189826[/snapback]

189832[/snapback]

190603[/snapback]

190614[/snapback]

190671[/snapback]

190712[/snapback]

190737[/snapback]

:nufc:<_<:(;)

Now thats what a Chronicle article should read like at the moment.

190737[/snapback]

Papa don't preach.

190737[/snapback]

Papa don't preach.

190748[/snapback]

GERLD!