Should Newcastle United

LeazesMag

What often gets overlooked by people making comments like this is that the majority of the people who have started following the club post 1992, are those who weren't old enough to go to games before that.

It's 14 years ago now, even those who are 20 now were only 6 when Keegan became manager - how can it possibly be their fault that they didn't witness the 80s?? :nufc:

I, thankfully, was too young to witness the atrocious shite that Bill McGarry's teams served up in the late 70s/early 80s, but I've read/watched enough about them to appreciate how shit things were - does that make me any less of a fan than those who had a season ticket back then? (I was 3 when McGarry was sacked BTW).

191062[/snapback]

Show me where I have ignored this ? On the contrary, it is why I say what I do, to try and explain the progress we have made, but if people don't want to listen and believe whatever they want to believe instead of facts then they are the ones who will stay ignorant of the them.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What often gets overlooked by people making comments like this is that the majority of the people who have started following the club post 1992, are those who weren't old enough to go to games before that.

It's 14 years ago now, even those who are 20 now were only 6 when Keegan became manager - how can it possibly be their fault that they didn't witness the 80s?? :blink:

I, thankfully, was too young to witness the atrocious shite that Bill McGarry's teams served up in the late 70s/early 80s, but I've read/watched enough about them to appreciate how shit things were - does that make me any less of a fan than those who had a season ticket back then? (I was 3 when McGarry was sacked BTW).

191062[/snapback]

Show me where I have ignored this ? On the contrary, it is why I say what I do, to try and explain the progress we have made, but if people don't want to listen and believe whatever they want to believe instead of facts then they are the ones who will stay ignorant of the them.

191310[/snapback]

The HALLS made the progress....NOT Shepherd. We are less likely to win the league since he took over.

He took over a club on the up...would you say it was still on the up?

It's 14 years ago now, even those who are 20 now were only 6 when Keegan became manager - how can it possibly be their fault that they didn't witness the 80s?? :blink:

191062[/snapback]

191310[/snapback]

Oh the irony.... :blink:

Who was it who made the comparison of Leazes and Major Misunderstanding? Spot and on!:blink:

I reckon one day Leazes will see the light, and 10 years later he'll be defending our future incompetent chairman by comparing him to Shepherd (no matter how irrelevent the argument is!).

I wouldn't disagree that a lot of the younger fans are there for the football. As I said, a lot of the more recent fans do know about the game. However, there are plenty of people who are in their 30's or 40's who would never have gone to a match in the 80's and despite being season ticket holders seem to know very little about what is going on and anything they claim to know comes from Alan Oliver. They seem to regard the purchase of a season ticket as something which makes them "working class" or one of the poeple in the same way that all celebrities now claim to be fans. The pretending not to be prawn sandwich brigade.

191079[/snapback]

So basically your problem is with people who know fuck all, regardless of how long they have been going to the match?

As this thread demonstrates, it is also possible to be a person who has gone to the match for decades and still posess crassly stupid opinions about the running of this club.

191250[/snapback]

:blink: Spot on. As LM is always so keen to inform us, he's been going since Jesus was a nipper, but he more than anyone else talks utter shit about the mismanagement at the club.

"It's not as bad as it used to be" when you're comparing it to a totally different brand of mismanagement is not an acceptable excuse to anyone but the dimwitted.

191257[/snapback]

Shame Gem, but I am not an accountant, and I could see that Souness was getting it all wrong and fucking up the clubs finances in terms of his football mismanagement.

191303[/snapback]

SHEPHERD IS THE CHAIRMAN YOU UTTER SPASTIC. HE IS THE ONE CONTROLLING THE FINANCES. HOW IS THIS SO DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND YOU QUADRASPAZZED CLUTZ.

Apologies for the abuse but I can't be arsed to try and argue with you because you talk such mind-numbing shit all the time.

191308[/snapback]

BUT THE MANAGER PICKS AND CHOOSES WHO HE WANTS TO BUY AND SELL YOU THICK SHITE AND THE CHAIRMAN BACKS HIS PROFESSIONAL OPINION WHICH IS WHY HE APPOINTS A MANAGER TO RUN THE TEAM AFFAIRS.

IF THE CHAIRMAN DIDN'T BACK HIS MANAGERS PROFESSIONAL OPINION THEN YOU WOULD SLAG HIM OFF FOR THAT SO YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

Apologies for the abuse but I am tired of trying to tell you facts to you because you talk such mind numbing shit all the time.

Can we lock this thread before this idiot drags the place down like he used to before?  There's no point trying to engage in intelligent debate with him.  Just call him A RETARD and be done with it.

191320[/snapback]

This happens every couple of months tbf, with one of you trying to argue with him then finally giving in and vowing never to do so again.

Last time it was Renton, this time it was you, ages ago it was alex, whose turn is it next? :blink:

I wouldn't disagree that a lot of the younger fans are there for the football. As I said, a lot of the more recent fans do know about the game. However, there are plenty of people who are in their 30's or 40's who would never have gone to a match in the 80's and despite being season ticket holders seem to know very little about what is going on and anything they claim to know comes from Alan Oliver. They seem to regard the purchase of a season ticket as something which makes them "working class" or one of the poeple in the same way that all celebrities now claim to be fans. The pretending not to be prawn sandwich brigade.

191079[/snapback]

So basically your problem is with people who know fuck all, regardless of how long they have been going to the match?

As this thread demonstrates, it is also possible to be a person who has gone to the match for decades and still posess crassly stupid opinions about the running of this club.

191250[/snapback]

:blink: Spot on. As LM is always so keen to inform us, he's been going since Jesus was a nipper, but he more than anyone else talks utter shit about the mismanagement at the club.

"It's not as bad as it used to be" when you're comparing it to a totally different brand of mismanagement is not an acceptable excuse to anyone but the dimwitted.

191257[/snapback]

Shame Gem, but I am not an accountant, and I could see that Souness was getting it all wrong and fucking up the clubs finances in terms of his football mismanagement.

191303[/snapback]

SHEPHERD IS THE CHAIRMAN YOU UTTER SPASTIC. HE IS THE ONE CONTROLLING THE FINANCES. HOW IS THIS SO DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND YOU QUADRASPAZZED CLUTZ.

Apologies for the abuse but I can't be arsed to try and argue with you because you talk such mind-numbing shit all the time.

191308[/snapback]

BUT THE MANAGER PICKS AND CHOOSES WHO HE WANTS TO BUY AND SELL YOU THICK SHITE AND THE CHAIRMAN BACKS HIS PROFESSIONAL OPINION WHICH IS WHY HE APPOINTS A MANAGER TO RUN THE TEAM AFFAIRS.

IF THE CHAIRMAN DIDN'T BACK HIS MANAGERS PROFESSIONAL OPINION THEN YOU WOULD SLAG HIM OFF FOR THAT SO YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

Apologies for the abuse but I am tired of trying to tell you facts to you because you talk such mind numbing shit all the time.

191322[/snapback]

IF THE CHAIRMAN KNOWS THAT BACKING HIS MANAGER WILL PUT US IN FINANCIAL TROUBLE THEN HE'S ALLOWED TO NOT BACK HIM. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? THAT'S WHY HE'S CALLED THE FUCKING CHAIRMAN AND NOT THE MANAGER'S ASSISTANT.

Christ lad if brains were dynamite you couldn't blow your fucking ears off.

Who was it who made the comparison of Leazes and Major Misunderstanding? Spot and on!:blink:

I reckon one day Leazes will see the light, and 10 years later he'll be defending our future incompetent chairman by comparing him to Shepherd (no matter how irrelevent the argument is!).

191319[/snapback]

Wierd, but I reckon the day a chairman comes into the club with no ambition, like most other big city clubs, and you will realise how you have not understood what backing managers means. You only need to look at how the club 12 miles down the road has been run for proof of that.

191319[/snapback]

Wierd, but I reckon the day a chairman comes into the club with no ambition, like most other big city clubs, and you will realise how you have not understood what backing managers means. You only need to look at how the club 12 miles down the road has been run for proof of that.

191327[/snapback]

Let's compare one brand of gross mismanagement with another. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this is fun.

191079[/snapback]

191250[/snapback]

191257[/snapback]

191303[/snapback]

191308[/snapback]

191322[/snapback]

IF THE CHAIRMAN KNOWS THAT BACKING HIS MANAGER WILL PUT US IN FINANCIAL TROUBLE THEN HE'S ALLOWED TO NOT BACK HIM. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? THAT'S WHY HE'S CALLED THE FUCKING CHAIRMAN AND NOT THE MANAGER'S ASSISTANT.

Christ lad if brains were dynamite you couldn't blow your fucking ears off.

191326[/snapback]

BUT THE CLUB DECIDED TO BACK HIM BECAUSE THEY APPOINTED HIM AND AS IT HAPPENS THIS IS THE ACTIONS OF A GOOD BOARD WHEREAS A BOARD WHO CANNOT DO THIS IS A SHITE BOARD THAT IS NOT RUNNING THE BUSINESS AS WELL AS THEY SHOULD BE. LIKE THE BOARD WE HAD AT THE CLUB FOR OVER 30 YEARS PREVIOUSLY AND LIKE BOARDS AT OTHER MAJOR CLUBS WHO ARE PLAYING IN FRONT OF HALF FULL STADIUMS.

Christ lad if accountants had brains you would blow your own ears off.

leazesmag.

i know things were bad in day's gone by and our current chairman compares favourably with the likes of mckeag but honestly, how can you continue to defend him on that basis?

this farce of a transfer window was shepherd's fault - no one else's. i think that deep down you agree but you can't bring yourself to admit you were wrong.

leazesmag.

i know things were bad in day's gone by and our current chairman compares favourably with the likes of mckeag but honestly, how can you continue to defend him on that basis?

this farce of a transfer window was shepherd's fault - no one else's. i think that deep down you agree but you can't bring yourself to admit you were wrong.

191338[/snapback]

It's all the window's fault, Shepherd said so himself.

191335[/snapback]

:blink: That's shit!

As was the point you tried to make. If our finances are now fucked up that is the fault of the money-men at the club, not the football manager. When Peter Ridsdale kept plying David O'Leary with transfer funds, O'Leary didn't know they were about to go bankrupt, that wasn't his job. It was Ridsdale's. Is this getting through to you yet for the love of Christ?

191335[/snapback]

Jesus lads, seriously, mocking the afflicted isn't funny. He's obviously actually mentally retarded; on here all day through some sort of care in the community program, leave him be.

What's the consensus on N-O? Is HTT planning a mass uprising with banners, German flags with the words 'Freddy Out' painted on and beach towels?

190751[/snapback]

and you are ?

190838[/snapback]

are you shy ?

190920[/snapback]

Course I am, that's why i've knocked every argument you've thrown at me out of the park :blink:

Leazes, the crux of your argument seems to be that very few chairmen have been at the helm of the club when in this high position whether it be now or in the past. What you fail to mention is that Freddy didn't build the club up to this position. He took over from Sir John Hall after he'd done all the leg work turning this club into something and Fat Fred since presided over farce after farce after farce and is very slowly but surely dragging this club down. That my friend is a FACT!

191084[/snapback]

And did you say this when we were winning in Rotterdam ?

And last season, we actually moved back up from 14th to 7th, after they realised and admitted their mistake, and found the money to take action ? And that my friend is a FACT.

We were indeed 2nd under Sir John when he left. Nobody is saying Shepherd is better than what SJH was, certainly not me. But another FACT is that under the current board and chairman, we have - for the first time in over 50 years - finished in the top 5 of the top league for 3 successive seasons. That is a FACT.

We have developed the ground in the last decade, this is going forward in that respect. FACT. We have opened a new training complex and academy, this is going forward. FACT.

If you are going to persist in your notion that we have gone backwards since finishing 2nd - why do you think anyone has a divine right to stay 2nd forever ?

And would you also say that the Arsenal board have gone backwards since they won the league so they must be shite ? Are you going to say the manu board are now shite because they have gone backwards since winning the European Cup ?

Because like it or not my friend, Shepherd was a major board member when we last finished 2nd in the league and is STILL not the major controlling shareholder, just like now, and that is also a FACT. The club is STILL run by essentially the SAME BOARD. FACT.

191335[/snapback]

Jesus lads, seriously, mocking the afflicted isn't funny. He's obviously actually mentally retarded; on here all day through some sort of care in the community program, leave him be.

191344[/snapback]

And how long have you supported the club so I can bow to your superior knowledge :blink::blink:

191335[/snapback]

191344[/snapback]

And how long have you supported the club so I can bow to your superior knowledge :blink::blink:

191363[/snapback]

Are you bowing or just rocking? And who said you could take your crash helmet off?

leazesmag.

191338[/snapback]

:blink:

Face facts lad, you might not like them, but comparing them to Arsenal and Liverpool doesn't make them shite either. We are a damn sight nearer to those club than we were for over 30 years pre-1992. FACT. That is all I have ever said, and it is true.

I fail to see how you can say spending 16m quid a "farce", such stupid comments do nothing other than re-inforce the impression I have that you have absolutely no understanding whatsoever of what a farce, or a shite board, really is, despite people like me telling you to look 12 miles down the road .... obviously you don't.

And how long have you supported the club so I can bow to your superior knowledge  :blink:  :blink:

191363[/snapback]

I only follow my best Oba to the club, so you am indeed win. I kiss you.

Edited by ObaGol

191319[/snapback]

191327[/snapback]

Oh no, you're not going to drag me into this mess. :blink:

leazesmag.

191338[/snapback]

:blush:

Face facts lad, you might not like them, but comparing them to Arsenal and Liverpool doesn't make them shite either. We are a damn sight nearer to those club than we were for over 30 years pre-1992. FACT. That is all I have ever said, and it is true.

I fail to see how you can say spending 16m quid a "farce", such stupid comments do nothing other than re-inforce the impression I have that you have absolutely no understanding whatsoever of what a farce, or a shite board, really is, despite people like me telling you to look 12 miles down the road .... obviously you don't.

191370[/snapback]

for fuck's sake :blink:

it's not the money that was spent, it was the chairman's complete failure to manage the budget and approach the window with any kind of plan that is the problem.

if fat fred knew what he was doing, shirley we wouldn't have panic bought sibierski at the eleventh hour. i mean honestly - how can you defend that?

shepherd made the biggest fuck up ever appointing and then backing souness - i think even you accept that. so we were always going to have a limited budget this summer. but that's still no excuse for blowing it all on two players - one of whom, despite his qualities we didn't really need - leaving us with a smaller squad than last season with no cover in key areas.

you don't think going into the new season with only 6 defenders - most of whom are complete gash - is farcical? you don't think trying to sign 3 players on the last day is farcical? you don't think sending milner down to villa before bring him back at the last minute was farcical? fair enough :blink:

Edited by Dan

leazesmag.

191338[/snapback]

:blink:

191370[/snapback]

I'm going to try one last time but tbh I have better success speaking with the dead:

Whilst we might be slightly closer to Liverpool and Arsenal than we used to be (still light years away btw), can you not see how, with the attendances we achieve and with a more professional setup akin to those sorts of clubs, we could be even closer to competing with them? And the only thing preventing us from having that more professional setup is the man at the top.

Can you really REALLY not see that? If not then I'm done talking to you about it.