If, as I expect, we lose the next 4 games

Ugly Mackems

That looks to be the way it's going at the minute, but we can't do nothing but live in hope that we see a big change in our performances however unlikely that is.

What makes me angry more than anything is the time we've had before the season even started to strengthen our squad. We then accepted the situation and hoped Glenn would carry on getting the best out of the players as he did when he took over from Souness. Obviously it is early to judge, but it certainly doesn't look like we've shown any sign of going in the right direction.

The excuses have been pathetic and embarrassing for the club and supporters. The chairman knows what the expectations are at this club and he has not delivered, why? Because he chose to bring in Souness and he chose to provide the funds to bring in the players Souness wanted. Fatty has failed big time and is suffering the consequences taking a gamble on big money signings which has resulted in us not being able to strengthen the squad any further. He's hanging by a thread at the moment and if this carries on I hope he's hanging by a fucking rope!

I would agree that any board/chairman has to make good appointments or they themselves will be finished, rightly so, and ours are no exception. But to say they have not supplied funds, or even backed the Scottish fuckpig, is not true. The useless cunt had all the financial backing he could have asked for, and more, far too much. We are still paying for it and will be for a while yet. Roeder has spent money on 2 players, they must deliver, because we cannot afford to continue wasting big money transfer fees, and yes the board cannot continue throwing money at managers, if Roeder is replaced by Shearer, it may well be their last throw of the dice and after yesterdays woeful performance, it makes you wonder just how influential that Shearer was last season at Roeders side, maybe he needs him.

Or maybe yesterday is just a bad day at the office. Time will tell. You cannot make excuses for lack of fire and desire though, and apart from Parker especially it wasn't there. Zoggy made some runs but had an off day. Emre battled hard, but I would rather have kept Bowyer and would move Emre on if we can get the chance.

Time will tell, youre right there. Its not looking good though is it?

Cant understand the Bowyer thing Leazes. He had 1 decent game in all the time was here. Hopeless. Emre isnt much better but usually passes to men in black and white, unlike our Lee. Bowyer gave the worst performance I ever saw from a black and white last year (against Fulham). Totally unprofessional and got himself involved in trying to boot Bouba Diop (who he failed to catch up with never mind kick) while we were getting beat. Rightly booted out. Not for the Fulham debacle, just for being shite. Played to his usual standard today as well.

Tommy Craig and Shearer were both there last season with Roeder. He often seemed to take advice from both. Like you say, it makes you wonder.

Last chance saloon for a lot of people (including a lot of supporters I would think)

That looks to be the way it's going at the minute, but we can't do nothing but live in hope that we see a big change in our performances however unlikely that is.

What makes me angry more than anything is the time we've had before the season even started to strengthen our squad. We then accepted the situation and hoped Glenn would carry on getting the best out of the players as he did when he took over from Souness. Obviously it is early to judge, but it certainly doesn't look like we've shown any sign of going in the right direction.

The excuses have been pathetic and embarrassing for the club and supporters. The chairman knows what the expectations are at this club and he has not delivered, why? Because he chose to bring in Souness and he chose to provide the funds to bring in the players Souness wanted. Fatty has failed big time and is suffering the consequences taking a gamble on big money signings which has resulted in us not being able to strengthen the squad any further. He's hanging by a thread at the moment and if this carries on I hope he's hanging by a fucking rope!

I would agree that any board/chairman has to make good appointments or they themselves will be finished, rightly so, and ours are no exception. But to say they have not supplied funds, or even backed the Scottish fuckpig, is not true. The useless cunt had all the financial backing he could have asked for, and more, far too much. We are still paying for it and will be for a while yet. Roeder has spent money on 2 players, they must deliver, because we cannot afford to continue wasting big money transfer fees, and yes the board cannot continue throwing money at managers, if Roeder is replaced by Shearer, it may well be their last throw of the dice and after yesterdays woeful performance, it makes you wonder just how influential that Shearer was last season at Roeders side, maybe he needs him.

Or maybe yesterday is just a bad day at the office. Time will tell. You cannot make excuses for lack of fire and desire though, and apart from Parker especially it wasn't there. Zoggy made some runs but had an off day. Emre battled hard, but I would rather have kept Bowyer and would move Emre on if we can get the chance.

Time will tell, youre right there. Its not looking good though is it?

Cant understand the Bowyer thing Leazes. He had 1 decent game in all the time was here. Hopeless. Emre isnt much better but usually passes to men in black and white, unlike our Lee. Bowyer gave the worst performance I ever saw from a black and white last year (against Fulham). Totally unprofessional and got himself involved in trying to boot Bouba Diop (who he failed to catch up with never mind kick) while we were getting beat. Rightly booted out. Not for the Fulham debacle, just for being shite. Played to his usual standard today as well.

Tommy Craig and Shearer were both there last season with Roeder. He often seemed to take advice from both. Like you say, it makes you wonder.

Last chance saloon for a lot of people (including a lot of supporters I would think)

I edited my original post because I realised I had misread GB's comments slightly. Bowyer was odd, he was a good player at Leeds, I don't think Newcastle ever used him correctly, but alongside Parker he would have been in a position to play like he did at Leeds, and of course if he hadn't recovered that form again, then I would have been happy then to see him go.

Along with others I also wish he had belted Dyer a bit harder though.

My main problem with Emre is just that he goes sideways too much, and seems to "lend" the ball to his teammates, and doesn't have the drive to get up the box - and his lack of height, yes I know it isn't his fault that he is small but in that position you have to challenge for the ball in the air so it is simply a matter of is he doing what you need from someone in that position or not ? He's better than Jeanarse though, so at least the Scottish fuckpig did slighly improve us somewhere.

Guest Patrokles

Can someone please clarify that Emre is the little Turkish lad who plays alongside Scotty Parker, because I often feel as though I've been watching someone different when I hear him discussed on internet forums.

Can someone please clarify that Emre is the little Turkish lad who plays alongside Scotty Parker, because I often feel as though I've been watching someone different when I hear him discussed on internet forums.

Well, I am unsure what to make out of Emre. You can't question his effort. He wins a lot of balls and shows a lot of commitment when the opponent has the ball. But I think he often goes totally into hiding when we have the ball. He somewhat passes the ball around neatly, but isn't really able to orchestrate our attacking game and that is what I expect from our central attacking midfielder. He also rarely gives our defenders an option to pass the ball to, so isn't really the link between defence and attack.

Though, I don't think there was any reason to keep Bowyer either. He had three years to prove his worth and showed it in about 2 or 3 games for a huge wage. With Emre I have at least still hope that he comes good. But he also could do with anger managment.

Bowyer wanted away regardless and the decision to let him depart was mainly a practical one given that he only had a year to go on his contract.

The reason I like Emre is that he's a footballer. Some players get by in the game (an alarming number in fact) who are simply athletes- they can run faster than most or can run harder for longer than most. Some are supremely strong. It's refreshing when a player just knows how the game works and uses his brain to get an advantage. He can hold the ball, turn and pick a decent pass. He's shown he's capable of winning the ball but has a tendency to overcommit and has something of a short fuse.

I would have Emre pushed much further up the pitch than he was yesterday. He's not going to burn full-backs for pace, but with a bit of ball control he can buy the couple of seconds needed to get men to push forward. That's a better option than sending the ball 60 yards to the approximate vicinity of a cente-forward's head.

His real fault is remembering to play the game that's actually happening and not the game in his head. He needs to get his head up more often to avoid running into a blind alley.

I'm always disappointed to see the amount of abuse he gets at times as it's not merited in my opinion. He has a lot to improve on but that's more likely to happen when you can actually control a football and use your brain. It's a decent starting point. I may be the only one, but I thought Parker and Emre combined quite well on a number of occasions to squeeze the ball when Fulham were in possession, particularly in the first half down the left wing.

I may be the only one, but I thought Parker and Emre combined quite well on a number of occasions to squeeze the ball when Fulham were in possession, particularly in the first half down the left wing.

No, you are not. I agree that Parker and Emre do work well with each other. They already did this quite well at Villa. But it is not all about possession in midfield, it's more about scoring goals. Emre should be the one who picks out the strikers, e.g. play the ball to Martins (feet) or spread the ball to the wing. The result is that we hardly create anything that leads to decent goal chances.

• 3 weeks later...

4 points when people expected none.

Roeder seems to be performing above expectations.

3 were from a West Ham team who unexpectedly are struggling.

The other point came from a match where our goal should clearly have been disallowed!

Roeder is a lucky manager. :lol:

4 points when people expected none.

Roeder seems to be performing above expectations.

3 were from a West Ham team who unexpectedly are struggling.

The other point came from a match where our goal should clearly have been disallowed!

They're the best kind :D

Not sure about that. 3 pole position targets lost, brain tumour, snaggle tooth, bad eyes, works with Freddie Shepherd and Douglas Hall, Owen and Dyer crocked, Ameobi and Bramble fit.

The poor sod.