Topic Preview Hover

Craig

Should be keep the topic preview hover feature?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As you'll be able to see, I've implemented a mod which allows a preview of the topic to be seen when you hover over the link in forum view.

It's not what I hoped it'd be and in my own mind, the jury is still out - still, it's everyone's forum so we'll go with what the concensus thinks. Does it stay or does it go? (No 'I don't mind' responses).

Poll will run until 4pm tomorrow and I'm sorry to those who hate it, the preview hover will be running up until that point so people can see what it was like.

For those of you who've expressed your opinions elsewhere, can you vote in here as well please as I'll base the future of this mod solely on this poll.

Can't say I like it, it messes up the page whenever you move the cursor in the vicinity of a thread title and most topics develop or deviate so quickly that seeing the initial post is pretty inconclusive anyway.

Can't say I like it, it messes up the page whenever you move the cursor in the vicinity of a thread title and most topics develop or deviate so quickly that seeing the initial post is pretty inconclusive anyway.

I would give you a nice manly slap on the arse now........ if you didn't think it was a come-on.

The hover preview can never be allowed on the board! Its horrific

Edited by Holden McGroin

I would give you a nice manly slap on the arse now........ if you didn't think it was a come-on.

The hover preview can never be allowed on the board! Its horrific

The votes will decide :lol:

On other boards I like this functionality, but it looks horrible here! Sometimes with the bigger first posts the box appears with scroll bars which are by definition, unreachable! My suggestions:

Get rid.

Keep, but implement it differently. For example, make the text smaller, or only allow it to pop up if you hover over the red button thingy, rather than the thread title.

On other boards I like this functionality, but it looks horrible here! Sometimes with the bigger first posts the box appears with scroll bars which are by definition, unreachable! My suggestions:

Get rid.

Keep, but implement it differently. For example, make the text smaller, or only allow it to pop up if you hover over the red button thingy, rather than the thread title.

I'm agreeing with you Rents, I thought it was going to be more subtle than it is, still once it was implemented, it was only fair that you lot get exposure to it to see if it's liked by the majority or not.

As for the development, it sounds a good idea however I simply don't have the time to look into doing it, sadly... :lol:

Right, it's been switched off for the time being until we have a look and see if we can make it more user-friendly.

If we can't then it will simply go :lol:

Closing poll as well.