Keane on about Owen

rebellious

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...ey's+legend

Roy Keane has blasted some of his former colleagues and insists his old Manchester United team-mate Wayne Rooney has proved nothing in his career so far.

The straight-talking Sunderland manager has pulled no punches in his revelations about his 12-and-a-half-years at Old Trafford, and has revealed that only seven members of his old team have his mobile number.

Ruud van Nistelrooy, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Gary Neville, Nicky Butt, John O'Shea, Quinton Fortune and Ryan Giggs are the chosen few, and the 35-year-old Irishman has criticised England's golden boy Rooney for his lack of silverware thus far.

"For me, the jury's still out on Wayne. I think he's got a hell of a lot to do," Keane said in a Sunday Times magazine published in the Sun.

"Wayne has achieved nothing - and would probably say that himself.

"I would judge players over a few years rather than one or two.

"He's got potential, like I've got potential to be a good manager. Potential is one thing, doing it is another."

While the new Black Cats boss has praised David Beckham for his immaculate conduct over the years, he is critical of fellow England star Michael Owen for his decision to do an interview after a serious injury last December.

"There's loads of people who get sucked in," Keane explained.

"Michael Owen always springs to mind. The day after Owen broke his foot, he's doing an article and I'm thinking 'Work on your recovery, man'."

The fiery ex-United skipper has also revealed the reason for his highly publicised bust-up with United which saw him leave the club after a pulled interview on MUTV following a 4-1 defeat at Middlesbrough.

"I was seeing players doing stuff off the pitch and it came to a head with that defeat," Keane added

"Yes I nailed certain people.

"I think in the end the manager was swayed by certain people he works with."

Any chance of a Keane led Sunderland versus a Shearer led Newcastle in a few years?

I can see Roeder getting the sack and Big Al taking over, but I cant see Sunderland coming up by then :lol:

If you believe the scare-mongers, such a meeting is more likely to happen in the Championship...