Wii or XBOX 360

AgentFox

Wii or XBOX 360  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A lot of initial 360 games looked no better than Xbox games too. Its definitely more powerful than the Gamecube, Ive read 1.5x, 2x and 4 x. At SD I dont think there'll be that much difference between them, its only at HD you're really going to see much of a gap, and that gap will get bigger.

For your analogy, I think Bluestars right, you shouldnt really compare it to the core pack. Compared to the 360 premium and especially the PS3 its significantly cheaper. They may drop the price a bit, they did it with the gamecube.

You could always import and tbh Id never get a PAL Nintendo machine, Nintendo Europe have always been useless.

Edited by luckypierre

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the online interface/emulator stuff going to work with imported consoles? I know they've changed their minds on the games region lock, the twats. :lol:

I cant see why not. No other console has had that problem. It would be too complicated to lock on I.P

God knows about the region coding. One person says its free, the other not.

Im getting a US one. Get games for less than £30 and generally long before they're out over here. Try www.videogamesplus.ca. As it happens Im off to the US on Nov 17th. My case will be a bit heavier coming back :lol:

http://redsteelgame.uk.ubi.com/

Watching the intro movie on this makes it look like one to have

That is fucken awesome!

Whats the specifications of this new Wii for a lazy person like myself who cannot be bothered looking. I gather the graphics wont be as good but it seems to have a few canny games for a drunken night before the EPL starts.

Whats the estimate in terms of pricing of the 3 systems at the moment?

The Wii will be £115 over here

Yeah just had a gander at wikipedia and the Wii (pronounced 'we') will be $399.95 in Australia while the Playstation 3 is going to be $829 and the Xbox 360 is going for around $600 bucks at the moment...

Dont have a clue what to get, tbh.

This Wii thing. Do you have to pay a monthly subscription like with the 360 - I assume that's to play online. You'd want to be pretty serious about your game-playing to want to be subscribing to play games tbh.

I've got a ps2 and I never touch the thing.

This Wii thing. Do you have to pay a monthly subscription like with the 360 - I assume that's to play online. You'd want to be pretty serious about your game-playing to want to be subscribing to play games tbh.

nope, it'll be free. Cant see it being as refined or having the same features as Xbox Live though, going online with the DS is a pain in the arse. £40 is nothing for what you get

I got a 12 month subscription to x-box live free with Fifa 2005. I loved it for 2 months (burnout 3 was particularly good on-line) but I've not touched it in a year and a half and cancelled the subscription.

It's a lot of fun like (especially going on after a few drinks and taking the piss out of yanks) and worth trying for a bit.

Edited by Happy Face

nope, it'll be free. Cant see it being as refined or having the same features as Xbox Live though, going online with the DS is a pain in the arse. £40 is nothing for what you get

The free online portal will be a major plus; like Gemmill says I don't play anywhere near enough to justify a subscription. Already paying for the broadband, then with an Xbox you're required to pay a fee to properly play the games you've already paid for on the console you've already paid for...

Edited by nufc4ever

Xbox Live is worth far more than the £4 a month they charge.

As much as the PS3 looks a load of shite, it'll never flop, the Playstation name is too embedded in the casual gamer's psyche to fail.

I expect it to still sell twice as much as the Wii and 360 combined. Don't forget the PS2 is still outselling the 360 worldwide. 360 sales have dropped off due to:

A ) Everyone who wants one has one by now

B ) People waiting for a price-drop before they make their move.

Add that to the fact that there aren't any AAA titles out on it at the minute. Saying that, PES might shift a few units if MS's rumoured advertising push goes ahead.

Edited by Sima

How come it's only going to have the same graphical capability as the Gamecube? Or ar people saying that because it isn't HD compatible?

It's been reported as such by game critics I trust, and also in most of the videos i've seen.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/watch?vide...largeFormat=wmv

might not be up to 360 standard but still looks pretty good to me

By the way, the announced US price is without tax, becasue that varies from state to state. The jap one comes without Wii Sports. The UK price is with tax and Wii sports.

even with the sales tax it makes the US price around £150. We're still getting shafted a bit

Xbox Live is worth far more than the £4 a month they charge.

As much as the PS3 looks a load of shite, it'll never flop, the Playstation name is too embedded in the casual gamer's psyche to fail.

I expect it to still sell twice as much as the Wii and 360 combined. Don't forget the PS2 is still outselling the 360 worldwide. 360 sales have dropped off due to:

A ) Everyone who wants one has one by now

B ) People waiting for a price-drop before they make their move.

Add that to the fact that there aren't any AAA titles out on it at the minute. Saying that, PES might shift a few units if MS's rumoured advertising push goes ahead.

Confessions of a nerd tbh.

It's all about the controller, I know, I know, but some of these are nothing short of laughable tbh. (From Gamespot).

db349801cb.jpg

716a476223.jpg

b4fd7c4eb6.jpg

4d93098294.jpg

06fdc232a5.jpg

Certainly nothing the Gamecube or Xbox couldn't do. In fact the Far Cry shots look worse than the Xbox version.

I hope the final graphics are better than these.

Edited by nufc4ever