Wii or XBOX 360

AgentFox

Wii or XBOX 360  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xbox Live is worth far more than the £4 a month they charge.

As much as the PS3 looks a load of shite, it'll never flop, the Playstation name is too embedded in the casual gamer's psyche to fail.

I expect it to still sell twice as much as the Wii and 360 combined. Don't forget the PS2 is still outselling the 360 worldwide. 360 sales have dropped off due to:

A ) Everyone who wants one has one by now

B ) People waiting for a price-drop before they make their move.

Add that to the fact that there aren't any AAA titles out on it at the minute. Saying that, PES might shift a few units if MS's rumoured advertising push goes ahead.

Confessions of a nerd tbh.

Rubbish bait tbh.

Is that not some free game (Wii Sports :good:) you get with it to demonstrate the diversity of the controller, though?

I played the new Far Cry demo for the 360 btw, it was utter shite in every conceivable way. Don't think the graphics were any better than that.

So what if it's a free game? You could do those Wii Sports visuals on the PS1 - 11 years ago.

Anyway, i'm still looking forward to the Wii, i've just seen nothing to convince me it's more than a redesigned Gamecube and control system for £180.

Edited by nufc4ever

So what if it's a free game? You could do those visuals on the PS1 - 11 years ago.

Anyway, i'm still looking forward to the Wii, i've just seen nothing to convince me it's more than a redesigned Gamecube and control system for £180.

Seriously? Don't try Pac Man in the Xbox Live Arcade. :good:

I was going to wait for the PS3 but a lad I work with got this deal on a 360. It looks great and ofcourse XBox Live Silver is free of charge. I might be forced to shell out when I get some cash.

Edited by Ted Maul

Again, i'm not trying to promote the 360 here. :good:

I'm just discussing the Wii.

RE4 is still one of the most visually stunning games and thats on Gamecube. It not just about brute force and a higher res. Give me Zelda or Metroid Prime over many 360 games any day. Perfect Dark might be pushing more polys but the art style is wank. Its never going to compete with something like Gears of War but does it need to? The Gamecube is well capable anyway. Was playing F-Zero the other night and its still looks really good. 2 times RE4 is going to be good enough for me

nicely selctive there on the screenshots you picked :D

how about this

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-20060914082134302.jpg

Looks mint http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=wmv&id=13187

I could post up pics of 360 launch games which looked just as bad as Far Cry does.

So what if it's a free game? You could do those Wii Sports visuals on the PS1 - 11 years ago

To nitpick , no you couldnt. Its an intentionally simple game and thats a really bad shot of it :no

Agree on RE4, it looks cracking. I got annoyed dragging that lass around on it though, so I never finished it. :good:

Like I say, i'm sure the Wii will be great fun, I just wish it was capable of more for the money. If it was £150 I wouldn't be complaining.

Agree on RE4, it looks cracking. I got annoyed dragging that lass around on it though, so I never finished it. :good:

Like I say, i'm sure the Wii will be great fun, I just wish it was capable of more for the money. If it was £150 I wouldn't be complaining.

with the bundles MS have put together for the 360 I wouldnt be surprised if the price got dropped to that. They'd be stupid not too but then they all seem to be in the business of making stupid decisions for some reason.

I'd go back to RE4 if I was you. You're about half way through

So what if it's a free game? You could do those Wii Sports visuals on the PS1 - 11 years ago.

It's stylised man, do you think they're trying to make them look like real people? Not everything has to have the gritty WWII shooter look to it. What did you think of the stylised visuals on the excellent Wario Ware that could have been done on a NES?

All format Lego Starwars II is a simplistic take on something as well and it's a breath of fresh air because of it.

You don't have people watching Schindler's List saying, "Fucking hell, look at this shit! Black and white? We could have done that in the fucking 50s man! And where's all the CGI?"

Edited by BlueStar

I think the PS3 might not be the success the ps2 was. Nintendo was the market leader with the famicom NES and then lost it to Sega with the next gen Megadrive. When the highly successful Megadrive was suceeded by the Saturn, Sega sales slumped as people were buying up the Playstation. Playstation 2 was such a success as it was keenly priced and no other manufacturer was producing a system in the same league. Sega were dying with the dreamcast and Nintendos answer was the 64. The PS2 already had a march on the XBOX which is why i believe the most popular next gen console will be the 360, purely because theyve marketed it at such a time as people are tiring of the current line up of consoles and dont want to wait for the expensive PS3. The Wii could turn out to be the surprise package as it allows the gamer to interact in a way that has never been possible before. Its halfway to VR which in all honesty, should be a standard feature with consoles by now.

The disruption strategy - Two excellent articles examining Nintendo's disruptive tactics in the new stages of the console market. Might answer the question of "Why on earth are they doing it like this?"

http://thewiikly.zogdog.com/article.php?ar...mp;ed=3&p=1

http://thewiikly.zogdog.com/article.php?article=42&ed=4

Well worth the read - honest!

Edited by BlueStar

Any of you geeks fancy pointing me in the direction of a nice deal for the 360? I have made my decision.

Virgin in the toon were supposedly doing them for £99 on thurs until they ran out of stock (they probably only had 10 at that price).

every now and again they do a sale of strictly limited stock and everyone starts queuing at like 5am to try and get lucky.

Any of you geeks fancy pointing me in the direction of a nice deal for the 360? I have made my decision.

Virgin in the toon were supposedly doing them for £99 on thurs until they ran out of stock (they probably only had 10 at that price).

every now and again they do a sale of strictly limited stock and everyone starts queuing at like 5am to try and get lucky.

Was that like the 8am sale thing or whatever?

Yeah they were cheap at £99 but they were Core consoles. I dont know how much it would have been to upgrade to full spec but im looking to go full premium deal. Toysrus had a superb deal - premium pack 4 games and extra controller for £300. Some place on web is doing 5 games with premium xtreme package for £320 i think