Bolton v Liverpool

Matty

OK I'll spell it out, Liverpool were shocking in the league that season, and were getting humped in the Champions league final, they were lucky to win it at all, the players deserve the credit not Benitez.

That's utter, utter bollocks. They are Chelsea's closest rivals in the league. I suppose all the other trophies he's won were also down to the players?

He does things his own way, isn't afraid to tough it out, and gets results. Look at what he did with the Liverpool defence last year. Now they have problems this year (largely attributable to a crisis of confidence of their keeper) and he's keeping faith in him and the defence through a difficult period.

Head and shoulders above most managers in every department.

Yeah, they really looked class today didn't they, and his rotation policy and playing Gerrard wide right and Bellamy as a winger is really paying dividends isn't it !

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So he's not a great manager, but the best coach in the Premiership, because Liverpool won the CL? How does that work? Is he better than Liverpool's other coaches then?

How the fuck do ANY of you know how good a coach he is? Any of you trained with him before?

Take Gerrard out of the Liverpool team and Rafa wouldn't get them into the top 6. FACT.

Guest Patrokles

Have to say that Gerrard has been the single most important person to Liverpool over recent years, although I am not questioning Benitez's good work.

They are Chelsea's closest rivals in the league.

:angry: How do you work that one out then?

Not really that difficult, they finished third, a point behind Man U last season, and they are going backwards while Liverpool continue to go forwards.

I actually think they may run them quite close this season.

Not really that difficult, they finished third, a point behind Man U last season, and they are going backwards while Liverpool continue to go forwards.

Man United finished higher last season, and are 6 places above them at the moment. I think most people would say that Man United are Chelsea's closest rivals tbh.

Won it despite Benitez rather than because imo.

ahahahaaa what?

OK I'll spell it out, Liverpool were shocking in the league that season, and were getting humped in the Champions league final, they were lucky to win it at all, the players deserve the credit not Benitez.

That famous goal Gerrard scored against Olympiakos in the last group game. If that had hit row Z like it would have 9 times out of 10, they'd have been out in the group stage. Imagine what the reaction to him would have been then? I personally think he's over-rated, as too are Liverpool.

Liverpool won't get near Chelsea this season, if any team is going to do it it will be Man U, the scousers don't have a hope.

Take Gerrard out of the Liverpool team and Rafa wouldn't get them into the top 6. FACT.

...he's over-rated, as too are Liverpool.

Quoted for trutheliciousness.

Edited by MrBass

Obviously it's all about opinions but I feel when their defence learns to cope without Hyppia and Kuijt & Bellamy click, they'll be formidable. Let's see how the table looks at Christmas.

Man United finished higher last season, and are 6 places above them at the moment. I think most people would say that Man United are Chelsea's closest rivals tbh.

Places at the minute aren't that important. Using that logic you could say Bolton are more serious title challengers than Liverpool.

Places at the minute aren't that important. Using that logic you could say Bolton are more serious title challengers than Liverpool.

Well I'm basing it on both last season, and performances from this season. What are you basing it on?

Liverpool only finished one point behind Man Utd and have come out on top quite often against Chelsea in the last 2 years. They've probably got better players than Man Utd as well.

Edited by Sima

Liverpool only finished one point behind Man Utd and have come out on top quite often against Chelsea in the last 2 years. They've probably got better players than Man Utd as well.

Have Liverpool beaten Chelsea in the league in the last few years?

Fulham better than Liverpool then?

Sorry, it was YOUR point I was arguing against tbh....

and have come out on top quite often against Chelsea in the last 2 years

2005/2006

Liverpool 1 - 4 Chelsea

Chelsea 2 - 0 Liverpool

Man United 1 - 0 Chelsea

Chelsea 3 - 0 Man United

So basically that makes Man United their closest rivals, by your own justification, no?

Obviously it's all about opinions but I feel when their defence learns to cope without Hyppia and Kuijt & Bellamy click, they'll be formidable. Let's see how the table looks at Christmas.

Closet Liverpool fan tbh

Coming from the fully out and proud Chelsea fan? :lol:

Closet Liverpool fan tbh

Coming from the fully out and proud Chelsea fan? :lol:

:D *yawns*

This is about Man United v Liverpool btw

Aye, and I'm responding to you calling me a closet Liverpool fan, which is relevant how?

Don't get your knickers in a twist btw. :lol:

Aye, and I'm responding to you calling me a closet Liverpool fan, which is relevant how?

Don't get your knickers in a twist btw. :lol:

Because the only people who think Liverpool are serious challengers, and indeed more likely to challenge than Man United, are people who like Liverpool; like Renton for example.

Because the only people who think Liverpool are serious challengers, and indeed more likely to challenge than Man United, are people who like Liverpool; like Renton for example.

I'm not deluding myself in any way.