Being made redundant

Happy Face

They're telling people whether they're safe or sacked in a room with windows onto the whole office, offers no privacy whatsoever. Tactful.

So far one lad from my team gone, one safe. Looks like we the rest of us will be fine as we're only scheduled ten minutes each, the sacked lad got scheduled an hour.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're telling people whether they're safe or sacked in a room with windows onto the whole office, offers no privacy whatsoever. Tactful.

So far one lad from my team gone, one safe. Looks like we the rest of us will be fine as we're only scheduled ten minutes each, the sacked lad got scheduled an hour.

Jesus wept, that's subtle!

What criteria are they using to dismiss people? Are you on a permanent contract?

In the unlikely event that they do let you go, make sure to use the open plan as an opportunity to throw a Tucker-esque fit.

Oh well... :lol:

Edited by ObaGol

Congratulations. I hope you feel suitably guilty though for those losing their jobs.

Is there a payoff involved? I would have been tempted to take a payoff if it meant I could have a couple of months off work. If my current place offered me 3 months pay I would be out the door in record time tbh.

Jesus wept, that's subtle!

What criteria are they using to dismiss people? Are you on a permanent contract?

Performance - I've far exceeded expectations for donkeys.

Skills - don't know why they think I have these.

Congratulations. I hope you feel suitably guilty though for those losing their jobs.

Is there a payoff involved? I would have been tempted to take a payoff if it meant I could have a couple of months off work. If my current place offered me 3 months pay I would be out the door in record time tbh.

Aye, the lad who went was over the moon tbh.

I just couldn't be arsed with another job hunt. I'm shit at interviews.

Performance - I've far exceeded expectations for donkeys.

Skills - don't know why they think I have these.

Not setting the bar very high tbf.

If they offered you a fucking Mars Bar you'd be out the door in record time!

You have it cushy mate. Get paid to post on the Internet. Do you work for the same company as Alex???

Edited by Holden McGroin

You have it cushy mate. Get paid to post on the Internet. Do you work for the same company as Alex???

The secret to a successful working life is not getting paid to surf the internet, it's how much you get paid to surf the internet. :lol:

from what i've heard

they are paying the bare minimum in payoffs

ie. what they legally have to give

Their standard pay off is 1 week per year of service iirc. Happy Face I'd seriously recommend moving on.

fuck me that is lower than what i thought

i work for the same company

I know. I still detest getting up in the morning to have to come here though. I wish I did something I enjoyed.

I know. I still detest getting up in the morning to have to come here though. I wish I did something I enjoyed.

What did you expect when you took your accountancy degree, like???? :lol:

I didn't do an accountancy degree, knobjockey! :lol: And when I first went for the interviews I had absolutely no desire to be an accountant - they were just the first applications available at the careers centre. Then someone offered me a job before I'd even started my final year at uni, and given the choice between accepting it or having to do more interviews and basically think some more about what I wanted to do with my life, I took the easy option and accepted it. :D

I didn't do an accountancy degree, knobjockey! :D And when I first went for the interviews I had absolutely no desire to be an accountant - they were just the first applications available at the careers centre. Then someone offered me a job before I'd even started my final year at uni, and given the choice between accepting it or having to do more interviews and basically think some more about what I wanted to do with my life, I took the easy option and accepted it. <_<

Gemmil in "Taking the Easy Option" Shocker :lol: