Gary Caldwell

Scottish Mag

Might not have been good enough to get a look in at St James Park but hes doing alright for himself now. Champions League football with Celtic and hes made my night now scoring the winning goal against France.. :)

Ukraine v Italy tonight...come on the Ukraine.

Guest Patrokles

Scotland > France > Italy

We should be World Champions tbh

Italy beat France in the final, though, so there's only so far the group table logic spoof gets you.

Italy beat France in the final, though, so there's only so far the group table logic spoof gets you.

Well, technically it was a draw as the final was decided on penalties.

France beat Italy last month?

Wednesday will be their biggest test imo. If they can follow up a win at home to France with a postitive result in Kiev, they're to be taken seriously. Could do with Italy slipping up again soon though.

Aye, I was hoping the Ukraine would have got a point against them last night, however in all honesty if you had offered me 2 points from yesterdays and Wednesdays game I would have taken them.

Regardless of what happens things are certainly looking better for the future and it is just good to see some "competitive games"..

Do you think he'd have been good enough to get in our current side?

Nah. He's sat just in front of the defence for Scotland. First in the San Siro 18 months ago, where he was very good, and again yesterday where goal aside, he was brilliant.

In fairness though you'd have to be playing quite a defensive role to fit him in there. I'm unconvinced with him at centre half, although feel he's an ok right back, where he may play on Wednesday with Dailly suspended.

Edited by JJ