Joe Cole

Tooj

I keep on hearing everyone talking about England missing this and that, so and so being shit. But one player I feel we really are missing is Joe Cole, since he's earned his place in the side i'd say Cole when putting on the Three Lions has been by far our best midfield player in the process, a very underrated and important member of the side I feel.

I've thought this for a while. For England he seems to be the player most likely who can produce things out of nothing. Lampard will find some form eventually, but creaitvity has never been part of his game, so it's strange why he is considered a player suitable for behind the strikers. Joe Cole would fit this role best easily.

Liked him when he was a youngster at West Ham, thought he had the talent to go far, still like him. To me he's the only one who has some flair in his play, a bit like Gazza.

I've thought this for a while. For England he seems to be the player most likely who can produce things out of nothing. Lampard will find some form eventually, but creaitvity has never been part of his game, so it's strange why he is considered a player suitable for behind the strikers. Joe Cole would fit this role best easily.

Joe Cole we are missing yes definately, but lampard (who's very overated anyway) i'd drop now as we can't afford to wait around for him to find some form he's been diabolical for England all through the world cup and it doesn't look like its going to change anytime soon.

Idealy

Robinson

Young Terry Ferdinand Cole

Becks Parker Gerrard Cole

Owen Rooney

Subs

Kirkland

Campbell/King/Carrager

Neville/Bridge

Hargreaves

Lennon/SWP

Johnson

Crouch

Mcclarren is not going to do well imo, wednesday was attrocious and dropping Becks a big clangger!

as good as parker is for us, he's not a world class player, by a long shot. typical english box to box player tbh.

and he's not a holding midfielder. not in a million years.

Joe cole is probably the best dribbler and carrier of the ball that england have got. final ball needs a bit of work, but his finishings quite good. overall, i beleive he's the most improved player we have and was one of the players that did not disgrace himself at the world cup.

I agree...Joe cole is the best winger for England & can take on players better than any other current england player we have...but I would not put Joe Cole in central midfield (he's not a holding player)...and I agree that lampard is shit...need to get rid off ASAP..why cant Mclaren see this? Lamps only plays good 4 Chelsea because of the other top players working their socks off & making it easy for him

Joe Cole has always been a decent player, however has improved vigorously since moving to Chelsea....and definitely played brilliantly in the world cup...class player!

I think anyone who wouldn't have Lampard in the squad is just as mad as anyone who wouldn't have Beckham.

That said, I believe Gerrard is a far superior player and I don't think they can play together so I would have Lampard on the bench.

Oh and Gary Neville is one of the best right backs in the world and miles better than Luke Young.

I think anyone who wouldn't have Lampard in the squad is just as mad as anyone who wouldn't have Beckham.

That said, I believe Gerrard is a far superior player and I don't think they can play together so I would have Lampard on the bench.

Oh and Gary Neville is one of the best right backs in the world and miles better than Luke Young.

I agree...GERRARD'S tha man! far better than lampard and Im not being biased because

I'm a Liverpool fan :) Gerrard is a one man team, Lampard needs all the chelsea players

and about 50000 shots on goal to possibly get 1 or 2 in the back of the net

but I dont agree about NOT dropping Lamps, Players like Lampard and Rooney need to be dropped when they are not performing. This the only way you will get the best out of them, a wake up call like.

<_<

I agree...GERRARD'S tha man! far better than lampard and Im not being biased because

I'm a Liverpool fan :) Gerrard is a one man team, Lampard needs all the chelsea players

but I dont agree about NOT dropping Lamps, Players like Lampard and Rooney need to be dropped when they are not performing. This the only way you will get the best out of them, a wake up call like.

<_<

If I knew I was guranteed to start all the time, I wudnt fakin bother to try as hard

you need 2 make players fight for their places...you will get the best out of them this way

<_<

If I knew I was guranteed to start all the time, I wudnt fakin bother to try as hard

you need 2 make players fight for their places...you will get the best out of them this way

Do you reply to yourself this way when you're having a normal conversation?

<_<

I never said don't drop anyone, what I said is that Lampard and Beckham should both be in the squad because they both add to the squad.

I agree players shouldn't be guaranteed their place if they are playing shite (even ones like Rooney who along with Gerrard and Cole is the type of player who can actually produce something special to change a game), we had the same with Jenas for two years.

Hargreaves is a much better player than Parker, I think everyone can see that.

Hargreaves had a run of games and in the last few he has been admittedly outstanding in his last few (has had a few games more than parker has to prove himself and has only just become good lately), parker for me though is better. Give him a run of games in a decent set up and he'll shine just as much or better imo I woulden't swap parker for hargreaves for the toon!

Edited by TOPTOON

I would say it's a tough call tbh. We're only now seeing Parker play for us in what would be his more natural position/style and he's still recovering from illness. I think we still aren't seeing the best of him.

The big worry about Parker at international level is the number of cards he picks up domestically is only likely to be worse with continental ref's.

<_<

Do you reply to yourself this way when you're having a normal conversation?

AYE, it's the only faakin time I get a decent answer :woosh: