Monthly download limits on broadband

Paul

Anyone know what happens if you go over your monthly download limit? I have always been under the impression that I would get a message telling me I had reached my limit.. but I know for a fact that I've went over my limit.

Anyone know if they will charge me extra or anything?

Depends on your ISP, some automatically charge you at the next tariff, others impose restrictions, I got a threatening email yesterday from mine saying I had exceeded my peak hours limit (13gig) and would have limits imposed on my connection, I checked my account info and my non peak usage was 76gig for the month. <_<

Depends on your ISP, some automatically charge you at the next tariff, others impose restrictions, I got a threatening email yesterday from mine saying I had exceeded my peak hours limit (13gig) and would have limits imposed on my connection, I checked my account info and my non peak usage was 76gig for the month. :)

What kind of thing could you have been downloading in such large quantities, i have no idea at all!!! <_<

Depends on your ISP, some automatically charge you at the next tariff, others impose restrictions, I got a threatening email yesterday from mine saying I had exceeded my peak hours limit (13gig) and would have limits imposed on my connection, I checked my account info and my non peak usage was 76gig for the month. :woosh:

What kind of thing could you have been downloading in such large quantities, i have no idea at all!!! <_<

You know perfectly fucking well.

:)

Depends on your ISP, some automatically charge you at the next tariff, others impose restrictions, I got a threatening email yesterday from mine saying I had exceeded my peak hours limit (13gig) and would have limits imposed on my connection, I checked my account info and my non peak usage was 76gig for the month. :good:

:woosh:

Well i don't know exactly what kind of thing, who knows what levels of depravity you have reached! :)

Depends on your ISP, some automatically charge you at the next tariff, others impose restrictions, I got a threatening email yesterday from mine saying I had exceeded my peak hours limit (13gig) and would have limits imposed on my connection, I checked my account info and my non peak usage was 76gig for the month. :good:

:woosh:

Well i don't know exactly what kind of thing, who knows what levels of depravity you have reached! :)

Well, I did download "Down the hatch 8" last week........

So basically if I haven't received a restriction message should I be expecting a charge?

More than likely. Get blueyonder. <_<

From the Orange/Wanadoo site:

Internet use is measured in gigabytes (GB). With Broadband Starter and Broadband Plus you get 2 GB a month. That's loads. Over 90% of all our customers use much less.

It's enough for plenty of surfing and downloading. Use our calculator to see you much you need.

If you go a bit over 2 GB we won't cut you off or charge you more.

You won't hear from us unless you're the kind of person who's active on the Internet every day and constantly downloading. Then we'll ask you to upgrade to Broadband Max or change provider.

Still going to be looking at other providers, like.

I got a letter the other day from BT saying I'd went over my limit in the past couple of months. They say if this continues they'll charge me but last I heard they hadn't got a system in place to do this, anyone know if thats still the case?

Anyone know what happens if you go over your monthly download limit? I have always been under the impression that I would get a message telling me I had reached my limit.. but I know for a fact that I've went over my limit.

you shouldnt be such a tight git and actually pay for ISP, instead of getting some free shit

btw i must send you about 2 gig worth of music/general shite in a month anyway! <_<

you shouldnt be such a tight git and actually pay for ISP, instead of getting some free shit

btw i must send you about 2 gig worth of music/general shite in a month anyway! :lol:

You probably do! <_<

I'm going to change like, just don't know who to go with. And my area can't get Blueyonder according to their website...