Does anyone live where it shuts down on a Sunday

bobbyshinton

In the Old days Sunday was a dead day, no shops open, restricted drinking.

Is there places in Wales and Scotland for example still like that and do you live in a place like that.

Me Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalsend never closes, it's a modern day Vegas :calmdown:

In the Old days Sunday was a dead day, no shops open, restricted drinking.

Is there places in Wales and Scotland for example still like that and do you live in a place like that.

Me Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalsend never closes, it's a modern day Vegas :calmdown:

The 'High Street that never sleeps' tbh.

Quite a lot of things shut down here in Peebles on a Sunday. Anything that is open tends to only be open for a half day aswell.

Apart from the pubs :calmdown:

Quite a lot of things shut down here in Peebles on a Sunday. Anything that is open tends to only be open for a half day aswell.

Apart from the pubs :calmdown:

Naturally. :calmdown:

Inuits

Jormany................................ worse than Aberystwyth

Aye, they've only managed after-4pm-on-Saturday opening in the last few years (and for most shops, that's at the expense of early-morning opening during the week). If you're stuck for a pint of milk on a Sunday you're basically limited to the shops at petrol stations, train stations and the like. It's largest-economy-in-Europe-tastic!

Thank god/allah for the arab shops here (its what the locals call them). Sunday shopping is a nightmare for fags and milk.

Its probably a lot to do with the continuing importance of christian religions in most european countries that they have strict opening laws. That or laziness.

Suprsingly plymouth is alright on a sunday for the shops. Although all the locals here are far too obsessed with the new shopping centre thats about 1/4 the size of the eldon one in the middle of newcastle...

Does anywhere still close half day on a wednesday?

Walkerville Post Office does and theres still a few places on waaaaaallsend highstreet that do to.

As does the post office in Innerleithen. Do you think its common amongst smaller post offices?

Suprsingly plymouth is alright on a sunday for the shops. Although all the locals here are far too obsessed with the new shopping centre thats about 1/4 the size of the eldon one in the middle of newcastle...

How are you getting on rikko? settling in ok? Understanding the worzel gummidge accent ok? :calmdown:

I know what you mean about Drakes shopping centre, im in no rush to see it after my trips to Newcastle!!

The City of London (meaning that financial bit in the centre with its own polis force) was completely dead on Sunday. Was like a scene out of 28 Days Later. Mind you everywhere was dead all the way back to Euston. Odd.

Shit capital city tbf.

How are you getting on rikko? settling in ok? Understanding the worzel gummidge accent ok? :D

I know what you mean about Drakes shopping centre, im in no rush to see it after my trips to Newcastle!!

Yeh getting into the swing of things starting to enjoy myself now i know what the hell is going on. Although i'm too sure what everyone here has against the cornish :blink:

Guest Patrokles

The City of London (meaning that financial bit in the centre with its own polis force) was completely dead on Sunday. Was like a scene out of 28 Days Later. Mind you everywhere was dead all the way back to Euston. Odd.

Shit capital city tbf.

Nah, London's a great city. This whole country seems to shut down early.

How are you getting on rikko? settling in ok? Understanding the worzel gummidge accent ok? <_<

Yeh getting into the swing of things starting to enjoy myself now i know what the hell is going on. Although i'm too sure what everyone here has against the cornish :)

We dont like the cornish....they are very weird folk :) and dont ever live in Cornwall, they never accept you.

Glad things are going ok for you anyway.