FIFA World Rankings

JJ

I know they can be dodgy, but for those who're interested....

England still 5th, despite losing over 100 points last month,

Scotland up to 25th from 34th. Not bad at all. :blink:

Interestingly, Northern Ireland are now ranked above the Republic of Ireland.

Wales fucking about in 77th place.

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/ind...ct-2006,00.html

They have gained more credibilty with me now that they have show some sense in rating the USA at 29th.

Don't worry, the Sepp-Blatter-FIFA-Micky-Mouse-Cup in Tampa/Florida against the likes of Kiribati, Vanuatu and Fidji will come so that they can climb up the table...

USA have a canny record at World Cups tbf

Better than Scotland.

Or Greece

or Egypt

or Tunisia

or Poland recently

What is better? The fact that they qualify. Are there teams from CONCAF that don't qualify who have more than 11 registered footballers.

Better than Scotland.

Or Greece

or Egypt

or Tunisia

or Poland recently

What is better? The fact that they qualify. Are there teams from CONCAF that don't qualify who have more than 11 registered footballers.

You would like to compare Honduras with Liberia? Or the Congo with Jamaica?

Better than Scotland.

Or Greece

or Egypt

or Tunisia

or Poland recently

No, the USA with Greece etc. And I think there are quite few more African nations than Carribean islands...

Better than Scotland.

Or Greece

or Egypt

or Tunisia

or Poland recently

No, the USA with Greece etc. And I think there are quite few more African nations than Carribean islands...

35 members of CONCACAF

50 members of CAF

45 members of AFC

12 members of OFC (Incl. Australia)

52 members of UEFA

10 members of CONMEBOL

Better than Scotland.

Or Greece

or Egypt

or Tunisia

or Poland recently

Two competent CONCACAF teams who've qualified for a World Cup with two competent African teams who haven't? Sure :blink:

Edited by Meenzer

I'd say that CONCACAF don't deserve an automatic World Cup place.

agreed, same as Oceana.

Lump them in with Asia. Fuck the costs. FIFA can cover it.

Same with CONCACAF--lump them in with CONMEBOL.

I was one of those who thought the US might do something at the last World Cup, my objective opinion, they were absolute gash, one of the worst teams in the competition, and it'll be at least another decade before they're not. If it's any consolation, you might still be better than the current Ireland side.

agreed, same as Oceana.

I propose the winner of the CONCACAF plays the winner of the Oceanic region for the right to play the team who finishes 5th in South America.

I was one of those who thought the US might do something at the last World Cup, my objective opinion, they were absolute gash, one of the worst teams in the competition, and it'll be at least another decade before they're not. If it's any consolation, you might still be better than the current Ireland side.

The side truly did underperform. Why Arena chose to go with a clearly unfit Beasely and to play a left winger at left back and a 4-5-1 with a striker whose primary virtue is making his partner look good I'll never know. It was a shambles to say the least. That being said, I don't think it was as bad as the results spoke to.

The loss to the Czechs was fully deserved--we didn't even try to play after that first goal; heads just hit the chests. (I think the Czechs would have done much better in the tournament if Koller hadn't got injured)

The Italy game was a better performance-- 1-1 with nine men-- but WHY when down to 9 men don't you use ALL THREE subs???

The Ghana game was a case of being raped by the referee. Twice.

agreed, same as Oceana.

I propose the winner of the CONCACAF plays the winner of the Oceanic region for the right to play the team who finishes 5th in South America.

Can't leave out both Mexico and the US, sorry. Mexico is too good to leave out and they can't beat the US.

Better than Scotland.

Or Greece

or Egypt

or Tunisia

or Poland recently

35 members of CONCACAF

50 members of CAF

45 members of AFC

12 members of OFC (Incl. Australia)

52 members of UEFA

10 members of CONMEBOL

Aren't it 55 of CAF? And most members of CONCACAF are as big as Jersey or the Isle of Man...

But that's not the question anyway. The USA will qualify for the World Cup for the 100 years as they don't have any real competition apart from Mexico. So to compare their success with the success of Greece etc. recently is hilarious tbh.

And Viana is not a holding midfielder.

It wont be long before the USA do their usual trick with football, by creating a sporting world championship where they are the only representive country !!

:blink: