Testing the water.

Park Life

How long will Keegan stay?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With all the press conspiracy theories flying around regarding Keegan, how long do you think his current reign will last?

I think he'll do the full 3yrs.

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon he'll see out his contract like. Might even be persuaded to hang around a bit longer. I realise that's not the popular viewpoint.

Edited by alex

I reckon he'll see out his contract like. Might even be persuaded to hang around a bit longer. I realise that's not the popular viewpoint.

i hope you're right because if that's the case, the chances are that we'll have done alreet.

Same here. If things weren't to his satisfaction he'd have fucked off.

Maybe he is trying to shake the bottle job tag.

and yet you cling to you "crap wum" moniker as if it were the only facet to your personality? :headphonedance:

and yet you cling to you "crap wum" moniker as if it were the only facet to your personality? :headphonedance:

Trust me that is opinion held by most, if not all, non NUFC. Just because you don't like it doesnt make it a wind up.

Edited by Danny B

i hope you're right because if that's the case, the chances are that we'll have done alreet.

Could say that bout most of our managers. I just want us to do well.

I think and hope the full 3 years (maybe longer even).

But equally I do think it'll depend on how things go in this transfer window and this season, if we sign no one else, then I don't care who the manager might be, our backs will be against the walls if we have any injuries. And that could snowball badly.

If we can get a decent season to build on an a bit of momentum, in the team, on the pitch, and off the field recruitment and £££'s-wise then hopefully things can move up.

Trust me that is opinion held by most, if not all, non NUFC. Just because you don't like it doesnt make it a wind up.

No, its what your ill-informed media-lapping know-nowt mates think. Big difference. The media deals in simple stories as half its readership are below average intelligence and you dont want to alienate half the readership with complicated things like reality.

You're a case in point.

Edited by ChezGiven

No, its what your ill-informed media-lapping know-nowt mates think. Big difference. The media deals in simple stories as half its readership are below average intelligence and you dont want to alienate half the readership with complicated things like reality.

You're a case in point.

Propa smackdown. ;)

Like us apparently having a shit defence first time he was manager as well?

You're a case in point.

He walked out on you first time round,

He walked out on Fulham,

He walked out on England during qualifying,

He retired at City......or did he.

Those are the facts I dont need the media to tell me that when the going gets tough....KK gets gone.

You're a case in point.

He walked out on Fulham,

Those are the facts I dont need the media to tell me that when the going gets tough....KK gets gone.

By that definition then so is Ramos as he left Sevilla to go to somewhere else much like Keegan did when he left Fulham for the job of national team manager. Can't exactly see how that is when the going gets tough like but there you go.

You're a case in point.

He walked out on Fulham,

By that definition then so is Ramos as he left Sevilla to go to somewhere else much like Keegan did when he left Fulham for the job of national team manager. Can't exactly see how that is when the going gets tough like but there you go.

And the other three?

You're a case in point.

He walked out on Fulham,

And the other three?

I've got reasonable answers for those, but are you going to respond to what I said about Ramos first? As when the going gets tough.... Ramos gets gone going by your logic.

You're a case in point.

He walked out on Fulham,

And the other three?

I've got reasonable answers for those, but are you going to respond to what I said about Ramos first? As when the going gets tough.... Ramos gets gone going by your logic.

Erm no. You are talking one out of the four. How does that affect my logic? OK in 75% of cases keegan bottled it. Ramos took another job offer after winning two Uefas on the trot.

When the going got good Ramos took the offer.

Edited by Danny B

Well, he left Fulham for England and left England having been subject to a torrent of hate and abuse from those lovely 'Engurland' fans at Wembley (not the first or the last).

Keegan left that job without a payoff (unlike say, Ericsson or MacLaren) as he openly admitted it was a job too far for him. A fact which all the massive Engurland fans and the cuddly London press had rammed down the throats all summer, and blamed him for the Euro exit- despite having originally suggested that to reject the job would be treacherous.

We know now that no decent english manager will ruin his reputation by taking that poisoned chalice. We have to leave it to chancers and those who know they can go back home with a fat wallet and not fear leaving the house.

No, he's a bottler and a rubbish tactician and he always plays 1-1-8 formations.

You're a case in point.

He walked out on Fulham,

And the other three?

Erm no. You are talking one out of the four. How does that affect my logic? OK in 75% of cases keegan bottled it. Ramos took another job offer after winning two Uefs on the trot.

When the going got good Ramos took the offer.

You have still dodged the question properly as Keegan took the England job which is a lot more of a glamorous prospect than Fulham was, especially at that time. That shows ambition. Ramos going to Spurs doesn't really show any ambition on his part as it was a step backwards from Sevilla. Nothing to do with Keegan going when the pressure was on or being a quitter as you call it, but then again as stated by your stupid logic so is Ramos.

When the going got good at Fulham, Keegan took the offer. If once again we are going by your ridiculous logic.