England squad

Happy Face

Goalkeepers: David James (Portsmouth), Paul Robinson (Blackburn Rovers), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham United), Jonathan Woodgate (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), David Bentley (Tottenham Hotspur), Frank Lampard (Chelsea),David Beckham (LA Galaxy), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough)

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jermain Defoe(Portsmouth), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Emile Heskey (Wigan Athletic)

Harper is better than at least 2 of those Keepers.

Is Owen not going to be fit in 3 weeks time either?

Harper is better than at least 2 of those Keepers.

Is Owen not going to be fit in 3 weeks time either?

Totally agree about Harper, he's twice the keeper Robinson is, as for Owen, I don't think it would do him, or us, any harm by missing this one.

No Ashely young in that squad is a disgrace, quality player that lad

Ashton should be in it and all

daft looking squad that... (which makes me happy tbh i love when England lose.. sorry lads it's the one thing the scots welsh and irish all unite together for =D)

True, united by a huge, feck off, chip on their shoulder.

Sad really, as I always want Scotland, Ireland and Wales to do well.

daft looking squad that... (which makes me happy tbh i love when England lose.. sorry lads it's the one thing the scots welsh and irish all unite together for =D)

No it isn't.

aye, the same attitude as the Mackems have, they dont care aslong as we lose

If we are going on recent games then how is heskey in above Ashton and Bent?

Fuck knows, he was at Upton Park today as well. :shades:

He went off injured.

Should've guessed..

I'm a Scotland fan and always wish for the home nations to do well. Ant, bless his little heart, is a retard, though.

Its always great to see your posts

it reminds me just how badly wound up you are, that you only pipe up with daft comments like that in reply to anything

funny thing is i can't even remember what it was over.. glad you do =)

Blame the media for me not wanting england to win... over hyped in whatever they enter, and tend to bang on about previous victories as if they were last year.

(the football especially gets on my nerves...between papers, motson & co, 1966 etcetc)

Most decent England supporters hate the English media's over hype of the England team just as much as the rest of us do, you can add to that the inevitable comments from England players every time a tournament comes round (that they're involved in) about how it's 'their time', it's not enough of a reason to have a hatred of the team though.

I'm a Scotland fan and always wish for the home nations to do well. Ant, bless his little heart, is a retard, though.

Its always great to see your posts

it reminds me just how badly wound up you are, that you only pipe up with daft comments like that in reply to anything

funny thing is i can't even remember what it was over.. glad you do =)

Blame the media for me not wanting england to win... over hyped in whatever they enter, and tend to bang on about previous victories as if they were last year.

(the football especially gets on my nerves...between papers, motson & co, 1966 etcetc)

True, united by a huge, feck off, chip on their shoulder.

Not really i think we all realise were just as crap as each other for whatever sport it happens to be :shades:

We just don't make quite as big a deal out of thinking were in with a chance..

@that squad

Still odd choices, why beckham is still in it god only knows... he can't even win a game in the states ffs

I'd have Agbonlahor in it as well ahead of Heskey

Of course beckham should be in the squad. He is easily in the top 20 for english footballers. Also only a clueless idiot would say 'he cant even win a game in the states'

Of course beckham should be in the squad. He is easily in the top 20 for english footballers. Also only a clueless idiot would say 'he cant even win a game in the states'

Watched much of the American stuff? I've seen the highlights of a fair few games, can't say I'd be putting him ahead of some of the younger lot

you'd have him in ahead of the likes of Ashley Young etc then?

odd choice imo...each to their own

You can hardly judge a player from seeing highlights. Beckhams been englands most consistant performer over the last 5 years or so and we would have easily qualified for the euros if mclaren hadnt dropped him. I'd have him in the team over lampard, carrick, cole, bentley and downing any day

Watched much of the American stuff? I've seen the highlights of a fair few games, can't say I'd be putting him ahead of some of the younger lot

You can hardly judge a player from seeing highlights. Beckhams been englands most consistant performer over the last 5 years or so and we would have easily qualified for the euros if mclaren hadnt dropped him. I'd have him in the team over lampard, carrick, cole, bentley and downing any day

Beckham has been a one trick pony for a long time now. And the level someone plays at week in and week out is important and the MLS is not a good league. i would put it below SPL.

Beckham has been a one trick pony for a long time now. And the level someone plays at week in and week out is important and the MLS is not a good league. i would put it below SPL.

dont think that really matters for beckham as it wont affect the quality of his crossing. Aslong as hes fit enough to play imo he should start.

dont think that really matters for beckham as it wont affect the quality of his crossing. Aslong as hes fit enough to play imo he should start.

Aye - hes consistent at what he does - hasn't failed to perform what hes good at for England for a long time.

Hes never been a pacey player so age doesnt effect it so much, and hes clearly trained hard to keep his fittness up beyond whats needed in MLS to continue playing for England. Think hes got a good few years in him still

Delivering excellent quality crosses consistently, taking brilliant free-kicks and having a good engine. That's some trick like.

Delivering excellent quality crosses consistently, taking brilliant free-kicks and having a good engine. That's some trick like.

A good engine? He used to have, but not really recently, maybe not since 2002-3 in fact. His crossing has suffered from it too, although he was still good at it because he could still play excellent diagonal balls from deep.

A good engine? He used to have, but not really recently, maybe not since 2002-3 in fact. His crossing has suffered from it too, although he was still good at it because he could still play excellent diagonal balls from deep.

He had a fantastic engine. It's still good.

He had a fantastic engine. It's still good.

It's ok (although he did historically put in some amazing running performances for England, those days are long gone and were long gone long before he was dropped as captain), frankly he could probably play a role by never stepping outside the centre circle which disguises it a bit. It's probably also been somewhat helped (in England performances) by not playing a vast amount of football.