Simpsons Movie

Happy Face

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Beavis & Butt-head and South Park movies were even better than the series that spawned them, so I'm hopeful, though I suppose there's a far bigger body of work to live up to in this case.

EDIT: Mind, nothing should ever dare take on the sheer comedy cheese of Hot Shots: Part Deux's Iraq-and-a-hard-place gag.

Edited by Meenzer

Shame they didn't do the movie when the programme and writing were at their peak rather than now. Hope they get back to their best for this.

I think Futurama would be much more suited to making a movie version of the two Matt Groening programmes given the choice.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Spoiler

The film boasts the same sly cultural references and flashes of brilliance that have earned the television series a following that ranges from tots to comparative literature PhDs. Despite its clownishness and childish graphics, it still offers searing insights into the pathetic human condition.

When the residents of Springfield learn that they are confronting catastrophe, for instance, the panicked occupants of the bar and the next-door church pour out into the street and change places — the drinkers taking solace in religion and the religious finding comfort in drink.

:baby:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle2118613.ece

Getting class reviews all over. Average of 9/10 on IMDB. Up to #122 on the top 250. If the nerd boy "worst episode ever" clan like it must be good.

Was meant to go and watch it tonight but a bit of a crisis intervened. Deffo this weekend though.

Edited by Happy Face

I saw it last night. I thought it was pretty average. Like many films, if you watch the trailer it kills lots of the laughs and I think Happy Face just ruined one of the best bits for most of you.

I'm quite a casual Simpsons watcher. My mate, who loves The Simpsons (IDST) thought it was amazing. There are some good bits, and most of the clever bits completely wooshed my audience, but there are lots of rubbish/obvious jokes in it, too.

I saw it last night. I thought it was pretty average. Like many films, if you watch the trailer it kills lots of the laughs and I think Happy Face just ruined one of the best bits for most of you.

I'm quite a casual Simpsons watcher. My mate, who loves The Simpsons (IDST) thought it was amazing. There are some good bits, and most of the clever bits completely wooshed my audience, but there are lots of rubbish/obvious jokes in it, too.

Sorry Wally.

Fixed.

Saw it last night and thought it was pretty good, made me laugh a lot of times anyway. I was so worried it was going to be utter shit that I was delighted with it being decent in the end! There are some moments of real class, and refences to other episodes but you have to be a bit of a Simpsons geek to appreciate those. It's worth watching if you're a Simpsons fan anyway.

You mean the programme or the movie?

Because the older I get the funnier I find the Simpsons! So many reference went over my head when I was younger that I get now, not sure how you can call it a kids programme!

You mean the programme or the movie?

Because the older I get the funnier I find the Simpsons! So many reference went over my head when I was younger that I get now,not sure how you can call it a kids programme!

:lol:

Sick.

Might be going to see it tomorrow night... I am dreading it somewhat though.

Watching the DVDs of the old shows (seasons 1-9) is such a treat but the new episode sound, look and are complete crap. Just a random succession of even more random events and jokes. Garbage.

I hope the movie is more in the mould of the earlier episodes than the new stuff...

Well the movie is supposedly '17 years in the making' so heres hoping.

Went to the advance preview last night but it was sold out:( I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully it will be near or even of the standard of the shows from season 1-9. Everything after that has been seriously downhill, I don't even bother watching new ones now, thankfully on RTÉ they've gone back to showing older ones, currently on season 8, pure quality!!