Pele 'The World's Greatest'

Tooj

I believe there was a Hudson too!

Seattle Sounders?

Alan Hudson(England, Chelsea, Stoke, & Arsenal, was with the Seattle Sounders 1979 - 1983.

Ray Hudson, is the Gateshead lad who was with Newcastle from 1973 to 1977 and then with the Fort Lauderdale Strikers, Florida, from 1977 - 1983. Ray is still around doing TV work here in the States.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maradona much better than Pele tbh

Ah the dimness of youth, how I miss it

Can't remember Pele carrying a team to the World Cup

Can't remember Pele winning an Italian championship for a relatively unknown club

Can't remember Pele scoring goals in many different countries (That didn't include MSL)

The only reason Maradona isn't considered more widespread to be better than Pele is because he isn't an ambassador the way Pele is. Plus he can probably still get a hard-on, blatant sympathy vote tbh

Didnt he do that in 50 something when he was about 10?

Pele was IMO better but that is all people have when it comes to comparing footballers of different era's.

Can't remember Pele winning an Italian championship for a relatively unknown club

Can't remember Pele scoring goals in many different countries (That didn't include MSL)

The only reason Maradona isn't considered more widespread to be better than Pele is because he isn't an ambassador the way Pele is. Plus he can probably still get a hard-on, blatant sympathy vote tbh

Pele was IMO better but that is all people have when it comes to comparing footballers of different era's.

Old football was rubbish tbh. Plus there were only about 10 teams in the tournament in those days.

Old football was rubbish tbh. Plus there were only about 10 teams in the tournament in those days.

And you could choose which one to play for!

And you know this how ???

Overwhelming documentary evidence.

Of course how silly of me, Match of the Day is always a true reflection of the game ;)

You can go further ahead than that tbh. 95% of professional goalkeepers pre-1980 were horrendous.

I meant football generally but aye, I'd go along with that. Alan Rough excepted obviously.

Those comparisons are pretty useless tbh. Football developed in meantime. The only absolute term is that normally the most talented players were the best of their period. Maradona would have looked totally different if he had played in the 50s. As would Oliver Kahn in the paleolithic (just footballwise of course).

You can go further ahead than that tbh. 95% of professional goalkeepers pre-1980 were horrendous.

I meant football generally but aye, I'd go along with that. Alan Rough excepted obviously.

Beaten by four wicked deflections against Brazil tbh

Aye OK, whatever

If you're happy with the state of the game, great! enjoy it.

The players are worth every penny

Personally I think it's shite and on the verge of death, they'll ban tackles next

Aye OK, whatever

Personally I think it's shite and on the verge of death, they'll ban tackles next

Sorry, I don't understand monglish?

what?

Of course how silly of me, Match of the Day is always a true reflection of the game ;)

All I'm saying is I'd definitely have got a start for England in the side that got mauled 6-3 off Hungary in 53. They'd never even seen a body swerve ffs. I'd probably have evened things out.

Aye OK, whatever

Sorry, I don't understand monglish?

what?

So you're ignorant as well as an immature prick ;)

nice to see this has degenerated into "who is the biggest cunt ever" argument.

back to the football, pele was definitely the most talented forward ever, maradona was a one footed troll with a penchant for coke, and shooting people with air rifles. great midfielder though... just not as good at football as pele.

nice to see this has degenerated into "who is the biggest cunt ever" argument.

back to the football, pele was definitely the most talented forward ever, maradona was a one footed troll with a penchant for coke, and shooting people with air rifles. great midfielder though... just not as good at football as pele.

That's got fuck all to do with his footballing ability, don't see why it was brought up?