Decent places to go in town on a saturday night?

Mark

Don't see the point in "clubbing" anymore now that most of the bars are open till 1 or 2 anyway ;)

...and you've got the number for dial a drink.... and you know the best park benches on which to sup special brew.

ya dippy lush :razz:

Don't see the point in "clubbing" anymore now that most of the bars are open till 1 or 2 anyway ;)

...and you've got the number for dial a drink.... and you know the best park benches on which to sup special brew.

ya dippy lush :(

:( never used dial a drink in me life......and have never touched special brew since I was 15 !!!

I am a dippy lush with expensive tastes.... :razz:

Newcastle has some great bars, but the clubs leave a lot to be desired.

chav-tastic on the whole

Spot on assessment if you want my 'outsiders' opinion.

Aye I'd go along with that. Self-fulfilling on the clubbing thing though - only wankers want to go clubbing, so it stands to reason that the clubs will be full of them.

chav-tastic on the whole

Aye I'd go along with that. Self-fulfilling on the clubbing thing though - only wankers want to go clubbing, so it stands to reason that the clubs will be full of them.

Aye. They're thin on the ground in Manchester too. 5th Ave is one of the few exceptions (re wankers), though the doorstaff more than make up for that. As young Greg will tsetse fly! ;) Hoyed oot tbh.

Think Newcastle's night life has gone downhill a lot in the last 5 years full of stag and hen nights and outsiders. I enjoyed it more when Haymarket was for rock fans the quayside for indie geeks and the bigg market for your pop lovers. The riverside was a great alt club / venue for bands but now it's all for poseurs.

chav-tastic on the whole

Aye. They're thin on the ground in Manchester too. 5th Ave is one of the few exceptions (re wankers), though the doorstaff more than make up for that. As young Greg will tsetse fly! ;) Hoyed oot tbh.

And the bastards wouldn't let me in this Wednesday either! Twats!

chav-tastic on the whole

:razz:

Geordie aggro!

chav-tastic on the whole

I'd go along with that too. Although, most of the city centre bars are gash as well. Still some canny boozers though, if you know where to look.

chav-tastic on the whole

Geordie aggro!

Biggest bunch of twats I've ever met. Was just in the queue minding my own business, wasn't that pissed, they checked my ID as they do to everyone then one of them recognised me, said your not coming back in here after Saturday.

And your right, I'm pretty sure it will be because of the Geordie aggro after rather than actually being thrown out!

chav-tastic on the whole

Geordie aggro!

Biggest bunch of twats I've ever met. Was just in the queue minding my own business, wasn't that pissed, they checked my ID as they do to everyone then one of them recognised me, said your not coming back in here after Saturday.

And your right, I'm pretty sure it will be because of the Geordie aggro after rather than actually being thrown out!

Bad craic that like if they've got your card marked. Give it a month or two I reckon before making your next attempt and see if the faces have changed. Proper nobheads either way. You wanna persuade your flatmates to go to Jabez or 42nd Street in the meantime.

I reckon Luke looks like trouble wherever he goes like. Shaved heed and a shaved ball sack. It's a combination for bother. :(

Shindig used to be canny when I used to go but I have to admit I was off my tits most of the time and can't remember a lot of what went on.

I agree with the whole bars over clubs thing and I think there are a lot of canny bars that offer different things depending on what you want.

chav-tastic on the whole

Geordie aggro!

Bad craic that like if they've got your card marked. Give it a month or two I reckon before making your next attempt and see if the faces have changed. Proper nobheads either way. You wanna persuade your flatmates to go to Jabez or 42nd Street in the meantime.

I reckon Luke looks like trouble wherever he goes like. Shaved heed and a shaved ball sack. It's a combination for bother. :(

Hahhaa aye, I actually ended up in 42nd Street on Wednesday after they wouldn't let me into 5th av and I had a top night. Not been to Jabez but a few of my mates have.

As for Luke... well, it certainly is a combination for bother.

I'm sure he will be on later to defend his ball shaving antics.

Edited by Greg