How is this racist?

Gemmill

by "the cult of celebrity" I did mean everyone is so eager to get on tv/radio/whatever so they can push their agenda, probably used a poor phrase, but ewerk got what I meant and wasn't a picky bastard about it. ;)

and I didn't say there WAS a media hysteria I said if you're on tv you can create hysteria

Can

Pedants.

by "the cult of celebrity" I did mean everyone is so eager to get on tv/radio/whatever so they can push their agenda, probably used a poor phrase, but ewerk got what I meant and wasn't a picky bastard about it. :D

and I didn't say there WAS a media hysteria I said if you're on tv you can create hysteria

Can

Pedants.

In other words, you don't know what "cult of celebrity" means?

;)

by "the cult of celebrity" I did mean everyone is so eager to get on tv/radio/whatever so they can push their agenda, probably used a poor phrase, but ewerk got what I meant and wasn't a picky bastard about it. :D

Can

Pedants.

;)

I was under the impression it referred to the way people are more interested in being famous for fames sake... rather than being a celebrity for something worth celebrating...

I can tell by your condescending manner I might be off the mark a tad?

by "the cult of celebrity" I did mean everyone is so eager to get on tv/radio/whatever so they can push their agenda, probably used a poor phrase, but ewerk got what I meant and wasn't a picky bastard about it. :P

Can

Pedants.

;)

I was under the impression it referred to the way people are more interested in being famous for fames sake... rather than being a celebrity for something worth celebrating...

I can tell by your condescending manner I might be off the mark a tad?

Not at all actually, I just have a different definition, more the phenomenon where the general public is obsessed by celebrity, no matter how trivial the reason for "fame". Not that either applies in this case. :D

by "the cult of celebrity" I did mean everyone is so eager to get on tv/radio/whatever so they can push their agenda, probably used a poor phrase, but ewerk got what I meant and wasn't a picky bastard about it. :P

Can

Pedants.

Shirley that would be 'cult of wanting to be a celebrity' :D

;)

Can

Pedants.

;)

No it isn't and don't call me Shirley.

by "the cult of celebrity" I did mean everyone is so eager to get on tv/radio/whatever so they can push their agenda, probably used a poor phrase, but ewerk got what I meant and wasn't a picky bastard about it. :whistle:

Can

Pedants.

Shirley that would be 'cult of wanting to be a celebrity' :P

;)

No it isn't and don't call me Surely.

Better. :D

Can

Pedants.

;)

You're right, it's just wanting to be famous.

Can

Pedants.

Shirley that would be 'cult of wanting to be a celebrity' :o

:)

I was just doing Airplane :razz:

I have no view on this matter other than I dont believe the act of watching and forwarding this clip isn't Racist.

I have no idea what motivates the guy to say it is. Maybe just an over sensitivity toward this type of image reproduction?

Can

Pedants.

Shirley that would be 'cult of wanting to be a celebrity' :o

:)

I was just doing Airplane :razz:

I know :D