Luque confirms Villarreal desire

Jimbo

Albert Luque has confirmed he would gladly accept a return to Spain with Villarreal.

The Newcastle striker has failed to live up to his £10 million price tag since arriving in England from Deportivo La Coruna in 2005.

A host of clubs including Barcelona, Real Madrid, Real Betis, Real Mallorca and Bordeaux have been linked with January bids for the 28-year-old.

Villarreal joined the chase for his signature earlier this week and now Luque has admitted he knows of their interest and would be only too happy to seal a move to El Madrigal.

"I know that they have asked about me, like other teams from Spain, but there has been no concrete offer," he admitted.

"Things happen at the moment at which the interested parties negotiate and all the possibilities are then table."

Luque admits he is not enjoying his time in the North East.

"Life is not going to very well for me in England," he told AS.

"I get little games and therefore I am not happy.

"If in the future some option exists to return to Spain, I will like it and it would benefit Newcastle as much as me."

Much of the interest in Spain centres around a possible loan move, but Luque admits that neither he or Newcastle would be happy with that.

"I do not want to be loaned, because that would not be good for the club I go to or Newcastle.

"If I do well then big money will be asked for me and if it goes bad then that [a transfer] will not happen.

"For that reason the best thing for me would be a move."

Luque admitted that the Yellow Submarines represented a 'dream' option for him.

"It is a team that aiming for more and has a great squad," he added.

"So why would I not go there? If the possibility exists and they do it, it would be a dream."

rumours in Spanish newspapers say that Villareal are willing to offer 4m Euro. I'd actually take the money.

What's that? Around £2.5m ?

FFS.

let's be honest, it's either that or loan him out and let him go on a freebie in a year or two

rumours in Spanish newspapers say that Villareal are willing to offer 4m Euro. I'd actually take the money.

FFS.

I'd also guess that the jumping flop is on high wages. I think a transfer would help directly finance someone like Nugent for 4m if you include the money saved in wages.

FFS.

I'd also guess that the jumping flop is on high wages. I think a transfer would help directly finance someone like Nugent for 4m if you include the money saved in wages.

Nugent wont be going anywhere in Jan.

They are top of the Championship now and to sell him would be stupidity of NUFC proportions.

FFS.

I imagine Luque is on something like £60,000 pw so that'll be over £3 million a year saved on wages.

I can't see Preston selling Nugent for £4 million though.

*Yawns*

It is starting to be like every day he's coming out in the media and going on about how he wants to move. We get the point Albert, now fuck off, nobody really gives a shit if you leave.

This bit sums the greasy spic bastard up for me

"Much of the interest in Spain centres around a possible loan move, but Luque admits that neither he or Newcastle would be happy with that.

"I do not want to be loaned, because that would not be good for the club I go to or Newcastle.

"If I do well then big money will be asked for me and if it goes bad then that [a transfer] will not happen.

Not thinking of himself there is he, hang the slimy bastard i say

FFS.

I imagine Luque is on something like £60,000 pw so that'll be over £3 million a year saved on wages.

And I would not pay a penny more. The valuation of some players in England is ridiculous IMHO.

FFS.

And I would not pay a penny more. The valuation of some players in England is ridiculous IMHO.

I think £4 million would be a fair price, however with Preston top of the league (I think) then possible promotion will be worth more to them in the long run, also Birmingham paid about that much for Mcsheffrey who isn't a patch on Nugent IMO.

FFS.

I think £4 million would be a fair price, however with Preston top of the league (I think) then possible promotion will be worth more to them in the long run, also Birmingham paid about that much for Mcsheffrey who isn't a patch on Nugent IMO.

Sure, I totally agree.

I just think Newcastle should stop paying over the odds and start spending the money more wisely (and not just throw it at other clubs because we have unlimited funds ;) ).

This bit sums the greasy spic bastard up for me

"Much of the interest in Spain centres around a possible loan move, but Luque admits that neither he or Newcastle would be happy with that.

Not thinking of himself there is he, hang the slimy bastard i say

Seconded. Fucking sick of this cunt going crying to the media acting like he's the victim. Maybe if he actually tried when he played he would have been given more games?