Suffolk Killer(s)

Happy Face

The media love a drama basically and always take the sensationalist route when they can. It's pretty much guaranteed, along with their hypocricy. For example, it's ok Das Daily Mail being the caring sharing paper about them now, but I remember them having a campaing against Liverpool council when they were looking to bring in prtective areas for prostitutes to keep them safe. 'Waste of taxpayers money, should be spent on war vets etc...'

Those "tolerance zones" are the sensible answer however the main people against it are those who disagree with what the girls are doing, religious types etc. To an extent I can understand why some people dislike these street girls, if you've ever spent any time in Birmingham then you may know what I mean. I once spent a week there with work and stayed in a hotel on Hagley Road, a residential area which seemed ok until at night when the place totally changed, out would come the girls, pimps and general dodgy looking people. I was talking to a copper who said people couldnt give away what were big smart homes now because of the way it was at night.

If people would stick their sensible hat on once in a while then they would see that setting up an area where it was allowed which had CCTV and was away from homes would cut crime, allow residents some peace and keep the girls safe. Maybe then 5 families would be having a better Christmas than they're now expecting.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the problem with "5 prostitutes" If 5 call centre workers were killed in seperate incidents i bet they would highlight the pattern aswell. Also if they werent prostitutes they wouldn't have been murdered to its a relevant fact is it not?

my Labour stalwart dad buys the Mail "For the sudoku"

bollocks I say, I reckon the older he gets the more conservative (deliberate non-capitalisation of conservative) his views become, as with many people.

I buy the Thunderer and find it fairly balanced.

the Tabloids only sensationalise every storty to perpetuate their existence. If they tried to write about current events with a blanced view and still aim for the (suggested) reading levels of their customers it'd probably come across as patronising twaddle.

still no excuse for it... but sort of an hopeful explanation?

I don't see the problem with "5 prostitutes" If 5 call centre workers were killed in seperate incidents i bet they would highlight the pattern aswell. Also if they werent prostitutes they wouldn't have been murdered to its a relevant fact is it not?

Its fair enough pointing out the link and yes, I agree that they would be less vulnerable if they werent doing that however now that you're aware of it, count up how often the word appears in the news stories tonight.

Its fair enough pointing out the link and yes, I agree that they would be less vulnerable if they werent doing that however now that you're aware of it, count up how often the word appears in the news stories tonight.

Aye fair enough.

Guest Toplass-101

if it was a copper murdered they would say it was a copper, if anyone is killed doing their job then the media will mention the occupation, had the lasses had another job, would they still be alive ?

had 5 train drivers, or 5 nurses, or 5 welders, or 5 carpet fitters etc been murdered, I think they may refer to the occupation of the deceased.

if it was a copper murdered they would say it was a copper, if anyone is killed doing their job then the media will mention the occupation, had the lasses had another job, would they still be alive ?

had 5 train drivers, or 5 nurses, or 5 welders, or 5 carpet fitters etc been murdered, I think they may refer to the occupation of the deceased.

Hmm, not sure about that like. I would imagine occupations would be mentioned a lot less frequently if there weren't certain connotations that went along with the occupation.

The media love a drama basically and always take the sensationalist route when they can. It's pretty much guaranteed, along with their hypocricy. For example, it's ok Das Daily Mail being the caring sharing paper about them now, but I remember them having a campaing against Liverpool council when they were looking to bring in prtective areas for prostitutes to keep them safe. 'Waste of taxpayers money, should be spent on war vets etc...'

Those "tolerance zones" are the sensible answer however the main people against it are those who disagree with what the girls are doing, religious types etc. To an extent I can understand why some people dislike these street girls, if you've ever spent any time in Birmingham then you may know what I mean. I once spent a week there with work and stayed in a hotel on Hagley Road, a residential area which seemed ok until at night when the place totally changed, out would come the girls, pimps and general dodgy looking people. I was talking to a copper who said people couldnt give away what were big smart homes now because of the way it was at night.

If people would stick their sensible hat on once in a while then they would see that setting up an area where it was allowed which had CCTV and was away from homes would cut crime, allow residents some peace and keep the girls safe. Maybe then 5 families would be having a better Christmas than they're now expecting.

I must say I'm not in favour of steps towards legalising prostitution. It's exploitation of women, many of whom who have been brought to this country against their will. I don't think encouraging this trade is the way forward.

I must say I'm not in favour of steps towards legalising prostitution. It's exploitation of women, many of whom who have been brought to this country against their will. I don't think encouraging this trade is the way forward.

Prostitution itself is not illegal though, its the soliciting that is, standing flagging down cars etc. However, I see your point but if you detatch yourself from the moral view, step back and look at it another way then legalisation would be the best thing that could happen to these girls. If you legalise it then you take away a lot of the motive and means of these pimps and people smugglers.

Legalise, make sure everyone who does it has regular checks and has signed up on the register. Those that dont get lifted and heftily fined. Make sure theres an available area for them to work, which is safe and regularly checked by the relevant authority. Anyone working outside these areas would be stopped and arrested. Make sure the men know that they will be arrested, named, shamed and fined if theyre caught propositioning girls anywhere other than this zone.

The values (imho) of doing this are:

1. Girls are safer, as its covered by CCTV you would be able to see exactly who had picked them up.

2. Girls get more help, exposure to information on STI's, drug help etc.

3. Residents of current red-light areas get their neighbourhood back.

4. Women in these areas feel safer.

5. Pimps and drug dealers would find it harder to operate.

6. Foreign (illegal) girls could not be forced into it, they would be seen and picked up as soon as they started working anywhere else and couldnt get into the right area without the necessary sign up.

7 And finally, it would pay for itself, this is a black market and theres no reason why it shouldnt be taxed the same as everyone else. however the only way to tax it is to make it visible, closing our eyes and pretending it isnt there doesnt work, never has done and never will.

Prostitution itself is not illegal though, its the soliciting that is, standing flagging down cars etc. However, I see your point but if you detatch yourself from the moral view, step back and look at it another way then legalisation would be the best thing that could happen to these girls. If you legalise it then you take away a lot of the motive and means of these pimps and people smugglers.

Legalise, make sure everyone who does it has regular checks and has signed up on the register. Those that dont get lifted and heftily fined. Make sure theres an available area for them to work, which is safe and regularly checked by the relevant authority. Anyone working outside these areas would be stopped and arrested. Make sure the men know that they will be arrested, named, shamed and fined if theyre caught propositioning girls anywhere other than this zone.

The values (imho) of doing this are:

1. Girls are safer, as its covered by CCTV you would be able to see exactly who had picked them up.

2. Girls get more help, exposure to information on STI's, drug help etc.

3. Residents of current red-light areas get their neighbourhood back.

4. Women in these areas feel safer.

5. Pimps and drug dealers would find it harder to operate.

6. Foreign (illegal) girls could not be forced into it, they would be seen and picked up as soon as they started working anywhere else and couldnt get into the right area without the necessary sign up.

7 And finally, it would pay for itself, this is a black market and theres no reason why it shouldnt be taxed the same as everyone else. however the only way to tax it is to make it visible, closing our eyes and pretending it isnt there doesnt work, never has done and never will.

I can see the arguement but just because girls have to be registered won't stop being women being forced into it against their will.