It's official....Arsenal are the suxx0Rz

Asprilla

...from today's gossip column ;)

Arsenal have banned St George flags from the Emirates Stadium. A club statement said: "Some of our fans have been upset with flags denoting particular regions of the world." (The Sun)

:lol:

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true. From the Beeb:

Arsenal ban national team flags

Arsenal have asked supporters not to bring national flags to matches at the Emirates Stadium.

The move comes after some fans have been upset at the waving of certain countries' colours.

"Arsenal as a club prides itself on being inclusive with respect to all nationalities, cultural and ethnic groups," read a club statement.

"We are asking that only Arsenal flags, without any national emblems, are displayed within the stadium."

The statement added: "We will be implementing this policy with immediate effect."

I think it's because some people objected to the flying of the Northern Cyprus flag. If there were specific reasons this should have been banned then they should have just banned that one, not made a blanket ban.

As it happens, I dislike the flying of national flags at club football, but at the end of the day freedom of expression is more important.

Likelyhood of this being true and supporters actually being stripped of their flags on entry? About as much as any other Sun "Oh my God, they banned xxxx" story.

Sun in stirring-up xenophobic hate SHOCKER

pwn3d :lol:

Likelyhood of this being true and supporters actually being stripped of their flags on entry? About as much as any other Sun "Oh my God, they banned xxxx" story.

Sun in stirring-up xenophobic hate SHOCKER

pwn3d :lol:

So the sun aren't stirring up xenophobic hate?

More a case of having a go at 'political correctness' I would have thought, although they have focussed on the flag of St. George when all national flags have been banned.

More a case of having a go at 'political correctness' I would have thought, although they have focussed on the flag of St. George when all national flags have been banned.

I understand what you're saying but this is England Arsenal are an English based team.

Aye, true.

Arsenal haven't got any English players in their starting XI so don't see why the St Georges cross should be allowed tbh

How's The Sun stirring up xenophobic hatred though, in this specific instance?

Which is thinly vailed xenophobia IMO.

Banning flags is stupid though.

Which is thinly vailed xenophobia IMO.

Banning flags is stupid though.

I honestly don't see how it is in this instance.

Arsenal haven't got any English players in their starting XI so don't see why the St Georges cross should be allowed tbh

By focusing on the part where they have banned St Georges' flags from the Emirates.

Defending the Sun in trying to look for an argument. Stooping so low tbh

By focusing on the part where they have banned St Georges' flags from the Emirates.

Defending the Sun in trying to look for an argument. Stooping so low tbh

I'm not defending the Sun, I hate that paper and I'm not looking for an argument (althoug I can see how it would seem that way). I still don't see how it's inciting xenophobic hatred though, I'd be genuinely interested in an explanation as to why you think that is the case.

Eh? I've already told you that in the first part of my reply.

By even reporting such a fucking non-story as this anyway. Expect a campaign from the sun and if they reverse their decision "IT WOZ DA SUPER SUN WOT WON IT"