Willie Mackay attacks Stevens probe

Scottish Mag

Willie McKay has revealed that he is one of the eight leading agents that has refused to fully co-operate with Lord Stevens's investigation into football's finances.

Stevens announced the findings of his Quest team on Wednesday and he confirmed that he was not fully satisfied with 17 of the 362 transfer deals he and his team had looked at.

Within that Stevens also confirmed that eight agents had not helped his inquiry - and McKay admits he is one of those.

"I did not answer the questions on the questionnaire because as far as I am concerned the Football Association already had the information," McKay told the Daily Mirror.

"I filled out all of the appropriate forms on all the deals at the time and there has never been any query about this. I have nothing to hide.

"I was very unhappy that my name was constantly appearing in newspaper articles that seem to have been leaked from the Quest team.

"It is no way to carry out a so-called investigation."

Willie McKay has revealed that he is one of the eight leading agents that has refused to fully co-operate with Lord Stevens's investigation into football's finances.

Stevens announced the findings of his Quest team on Wednesday and he confirmed that he was not fully satisfied with 17 of the 362 transfer deals he and his team had looked at.

Within that Stevens also confirmed that eight agents had not helped his inquiry - and McKay admits he is one of those.

"I did not answer the questions on the questionnaire because as far as I am concerned the Football Association already had the information," McKay told the Daily Mirror.

"I filled out all of the appropriate forms on all the deals at the time and there has never been any query about this. I have nothing to hide.

"I was very unhappy that my name was constantly appearing in newspaper articles that seem to have been leaked from the Quest team.

"It is no way to carry out a so-called investigation."

Translation: I'm bent as a nine bob note.

Just to add, those two lads from Hibs who Charlton bid for, they signed new contracts with Hibs last season...then took McKay on as their agent. Within weeks they wrere demanding they have their contracts renegotiated and when Hibs said no they handed in transfer requests. The man is everything that is wrong with 21st century football.

Just to add, those two lads from Hibs who Charlton bid for, they signed new contracts with Hibs last season...then took McKay on as their agent. Within weeks they wrere demanding they have their contracts renegotiated and when Hibs said no they handed in transfer requests. The man is everything that is wrong with 21st century football.

He's actually been in the papers today saying that to sign both Kevin Thomson and Scott Brown will cost a combined £14million! ;)

He's an idiot.

its time the Govt cracjked the heads of the PL, FA, SPL and the FL tohether and apointed a Foorball COmmisionere to oversee ALL tranfers

and Decent directors - get rid of that loon at Hearts for a start

its time the Govt cracjked the heads of the PL, FA, SPL and the FL tohether and apointed a Foorball COmmisionere to oversee ALL tranfers

and Decent directors - get rid of that loon at Hearts for a start

It's a tad earliy to be pissed, isn't it Rob?