Smooth Operator in MBE shocker!

Smooth Operator

What happens if you refuse? I would have in that situation.

Well you've signed up so you can't, technically. I assume you would be Court Martialled.

They dress you in a burqa and put you in a locked room with SMO, Wacky and an industrial-sized tub of KY.

And have an MBE forcibly inserted into the fundament.

Well you've signed up so you can't, technically. I assume you would be Court Martialled.

you assume correctly

you assume correctly

Which means what in the TA though? It's not like you're in the real army and are planning to make a career of it, it's just a piss about. Is it not just like getting told off by the bloke that runs the youth club?

you assume correctly

Which means what in the TA though? It's not like you're in the real army and are planning to make a career of it, it's just a piss about. Is it not just like getting told off by the bloke that runs the youth club?

Army Prison I think.

I'd take army prison over active service in Iraq, I reckon. And the Iraqis would be thankful for it too. I'm like Universal Soldier.

And a criminal record too though?

Personally I wouldn't sign up in the first place. Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Aye I wouldn't sign up in the first place like. Lad I know in America signed up for the reserves or whatever they call them over there, purely so he could get his college fees paid. Two years into his work career they go to war and he's potentially going to have to serve in Afghanistan or Iraq??? Fuck that.

I reckon any potential employer would overlook that sort of criminal record tbh. Most of the country thinks we shouldn't be there anyway.

Aye I wouldn't sign up in the first place like. Lad I know in America signed up for the reserves or whatever they call them over there, purely so he could get his college fees paid. Two years into his work career they go to war and he's potentially going to have to serve in Afghanistan or Iraq??? Fuck that.

I reckon any potential employer would overlook that sort of criminal record tbh. Most of the country thinks we shouldn't be there anyway.

Actually I don't know how it works (Criminal Record-wise) but I'd guess the sentences for that sort of thing are pretty long to act as a deterrent.

"Which means what in the TA though? It's not like you're in the real army and are planning to make a career of it, it's just a piss about. Is it not just like getting told off by the bloke that runs the youth club?"

funnily enough it IS the Real Army and always has been

you swear the oath and take the Queens shilling

in 1915 they could have shot you for not going ...........................

"Which means what in the TA though? It's not like you're in the real army and are planning to make a career of it, it's just a piss about. Is it not just like getting told off by the bloke that runs the youth club?"

Do you get paid for being in the TA? I thought it was just a volunteer thing for people who liked camping and smearing shit on their face.

Do you get paid for being in the TA? I thought it was just a volunteer thing for people who liked camping and smearing shit on their face.

Aye, most people only do it to supplement their income.

You get one weekends wage a month iirc. Im probably biased cos my uncle is quite high up in the TAs and he is the biggest bell end I have ever met in my life. Born and bred in Blyth he now sees himself as some type of Hoora Henry. He isnt.

Renton's posting a whopper here. I reckon someone's getting a tongue-lashing. :lol:

Eh? I was going to post that you were a cowardly hom, but then I thought I couldn't be arsed to state the obvious. :icon_lol:

No offence to anyone in the TA, but it does tend to attract the wierdos.....

It's time I came clean, there's no way on god's earth that I would ever get a fucking MBE.

My uncle was honoured with one in the new years honours list and as he's a Captain in the army they don't get to find out in advance if they've been nominated.

So all's I was wondering is if there are any privileges that come with it. I heard Jasper Carrot's daughter got married for free at St Pauls Cathedral cos her fatha had some honour bestowed on him akin to a MBE. Basically wor lass wants to know if she can get married there on the basis that he's my uncle. Told her she'd have to find someone to agree to marry her first though cos theres no fucking chance I would, free or not.

Also I'm trying to find a list with all the nominees on, all I can find is a Queens List and he's not on it, your help will be much appriciated.

Smooth Operator MBE :lol:

Edited by Smooth Operator

It's time I came clean, there's no way on god's earth that I would ever get a fucking MBE.

My uncle was honoured with one in the new years honours list and as he's a Captain in the army they don't get to find out in advance if they've been nominated.

So all's I was wondering is if there are any privileges that come with it. I heard Jasper Carrot's daughter got married for free at St Pauls Cathedral cos her fatha had some honour bestowed on him akin to a MBE. Basically wor lass wants to know if she can get married there on the basis that he's my uncle. Told her she'd have to find someone to agree to marry her first thought cos theres no fucking chance I would, free or not.

Also I'm trying to find a list with all the nominees on, all I can find is a Queens List and he's not on it, your help will be much appriciated.

Smooth Operator MBE <_<

:lol::icon_lol:

So all's I was wondering is if there are any privileges that come with it. I heard Jasper Carrot's daughter got married for free at St Pauls Cathedral cos her fatha had some honour bestowed on him akin to a MBE. Basically wor lass wants to know if she can get married there on the basis that he's my uncle. Told her she'd have to find someone to agree to marry her first though cos theres no fucking chance I would, free or not.

Smooth Operator MBE :yes

Nah, only the children and grandchildren can get married or christened at St Pauls.